Happy 4th of July.......

dak

….to all you colonial folks on the other side of the pond (and also to those who have managed to escape). I believe that you go in for some sort of celebration, involving bright flashes, loud bangs and generally frightening the livestock to celebrate the wayward child leaving home amidst some consternation.:D

Ah well, we Brits are nothing if not generous. Have a good one!

David

I thank you all for your well wishes on our Independence Day celebration.... We "colonials" cherish our independence and the abounding freedom we have. I am also thankful for the long enduring friendship we have with the people of Great Britain. God Save the Queen . . .

Awwww, you guys miss us...how sweet!!;)

And I too echo Namvet's sentiments as well and am grateful for the friendship our 2 countries share.

Happy Fourth of July to all my fellow Americans.....cherish the freedoms we are so blessed with.

Cheers, Penny

Greetings of the day from the first colony to declare independence from GB on May 4, 1776!!!!!!!

Tiny colony.. big mouth.... and even a bigger name: Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.

We are home to the biggest 4th of July parade in the country... in Bristol, RI.

Thanks to our British heritage we have a 4th of July to celebrate, we are most grateful. A VERY Happy Independence Day to all of my fellow Americans. Let's celebrate our freedom and remember those who have sacrificed so much for us to have it.

Betsy

I thank you all for your well wishes on our Independence Day celebration.... We "colonials" cherish our independence and the abounding freedom we have. I am also thankful for the long enduring friendship we have with the people of Great Britain. God Save the Queen . . .

ALL OF THEM!!!! HAPPY 4TH TO ALL

And don't tell them we call it 'Thanksgiving' :cool:

Ah, the famous British "stiff upper lip" is quivering a bit on this day and putting on a brave show.

Like a child leaving hearth and home, we know you didn't want us to go, and did what you could to keep us attached to the apron strings.

But, we didn't go far, and do come by for a visit now and then.

How sweet, after all this time, that you're still suffering from 'empty nest' syndrome. :)

Which reminds me of an old Scottish song.

"I'm no awa tae stay awa - I'm no awa tae leave ye

I'm no awa tae stay awa - I'll aye come back and see ye"

I'll be back in August!

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!

After reading in a recent paper that the US dollar has fallen further against the British pound (to something like 2.0173, I think) it occurs to me that we could become the prodigal child-you know, like many of today's kids who leave the nest for college, jobs or marriage, then lose the job, quit school (or graduate and have - like fake boob, no visible means of support) or get divorces and return to the nest to have Mom do the laundry and Dad pay the way (MY money is saved for buying BEER, Dad!) we may just decide to return to the nest to get back on our feet while our dollar and high debt come down! <G>

I hope you didn't change my room a bit!

Karie,

who is grateful y'all don't hold a grudge!

Actually I take issue with celebrating our independence on the 4th... we only DECLARED our independence then, we didn't actually acheive it for years later. Leave it to us arrogant Americans to establish independence as having happened "when we said so" :D

Archived