Princess Gift Cards to use for OBC

Carl Nival

I had a few hundred dollars worth of Princess gift cards. I just called Princess before my cruise and had them added to my account as OBC. It was easy.

Thank you! I called Princess today and got the gift cards applied to my OBC. Now I don't have to this on embarkation day.

Thank you! I called Princess today and got the gift cards applied to my OBC. Now I don't have to this on embarkation day.

They would have been no use to you on embarkation day. To use Princess gift cards to pay down your onboard account, you still must first set up the account in the normal manner (credit card on file or cash deposit) and only once you have accumulated an adequate balance can the cards be applied as payment.

Obviously redeeming them prior to sailing as you did is a lot simpler.

Edited by fishywood

I would still take them along - just in case. I have added them over the phone twice in the past with no problems but I did still take the cards with me because... I don't count on anything. I sincerely doubt there is any real reason to take them along but they are small so not a problem to take. Enjoy your cruise and your OBC. :D

They would have been no use to you on embarkation day. To use Princess gift cards to pay down your onboard account, you still must first set up the account in the normal manner (credit card on file or cash deposit) and only once you have accumulated an adequate balance can the cards be applied as payment.

Not true. I have gone to the Purser's desk on embarkation day and had gift cards added to my account immediately, long before a big balance was on the account.