India Visa form question

merryecho

This is probably a dumb question, but on the application for a visa to visit India it requires, "Destination country contact. You must supply an address or phone number to register". We will be stopping in 2 Indian cities prior to disembarking, staying on the ship. Any idea what we are supposed to use for this?

Thank you for help

It took me ALL morning to fill in the faffy visa application forms. Very bureaucratic. The 'face to face' with the immigration staff never happened and when we disembarked the ship we were just waved on!

We did as secoma4 suggested.

Kind regards

Tony

A couple of years we got so fed up trying to fill in the forms (things like your great-grandmother's maiden name, almost) we actually managed to cancel a cruise and change it to somewhere not including India, luckily without charge. I believe the Indian Embassy in London has improved its procedures, or is about to, but they certainly lost our business at that time. Their website was appalling in those days.

We did visit India quite a few years ago, managing to get visas at their Birmingham UK consulate, and it was a wonderful trip, but we are making that visit enough for us, alas.

Thank you all for that information. I thought that made sense, but as we are short on time I didn't want to take the chance of being rejected. Yes, very inquisitive form- my 60ish friend had to think when they asked what his military rank was when he served in the air force at 19.

DH and I are on the same leg of this cruise. The India Visa application was grueling. That said....it's at the India consul in Washington DC, USA. Fingers crossed. This is our 9th multi-week Seabourn cruise but the first in this area of the globe. Can't wait to make new friends at the Sky Bar.

We don't get in until 12:30AM on the 15th. Not a huge Singapore fan. I haven't booked a room yet, was thinking about Raffles, does the Fairmont have transportation to the ship?

We are staying at Raffles as we speak (boarding Sojourn later today). Just one word to describe it ..... 'fantastic'.

Edited by Roxburgh

We are staying at Raffles as we speak (boarding Sojourn later today(. Just one word to describe it ..... 'fantastic'.

It is beautiful isn't it. And it amazes me when we stay there how you slip through one of the gates to the guest area and there's a whole different world back there separate from the public areas of the hotel.

Have you tried a Singapore Sling there?

We were offered - and accepted - Singapore Slings as a welcome drink. We subsequently wanted to make sure they were authentic by having a couple more at the Long Bar .... purely for comparison purposes of course :D

It is beautiful isn't it. And it amazes me when we stay there how you slip through one of the gates to the guest area and there's a whole different world back there separate from the public areas of the hotel.

We have been up to the pool a couple of times and it is hard to believe that you are slap in the middle of a city of some 5 million.

I love that the doorman knows your name from the minute you check in. And it sounds like Seabourn picks up there for ship transport. Seems like every time I try to take a taxi to a ship we end up in the wrong place.

Ah - please don't ever try taking a taxi from Bangkok to the port at Laem Chabang then, that one is HARD to find. I believe we circumnavigated the entire container port at least twice and started to believe we would end our days in that cab.

You can't get lost in Singapore however, apart from anything you can almost see the new ferry terminal from Raffles Hotel, driving down the new Marina Coastal Expressway, a rather lovely piece of road, you really would have to be asleep at the switch not to find it!

Still room on this trip Emperor, though if you don't have an Indian visa you may be too late for that endurance test.

Rols- the ship documents say the cruise leaves from the Singapore cruise center, not the Marina cruise center, so I assume we are using the old dock, not the new one. Another good reason to take the SB bus.

In today's Sunday Times - anyway for UK passengers, your Indian visa will, as from 14th March, have to be applied for in person at one of their 12 UK offices!! They are said to need fingerprints and photos. No idea how this affects any other country.