OBC with RCL VISA

Could someone inform me: how do you do credits w/Visa Card for OBC (presently have 30,200 points)?

1. doing (2) 15,000 points = $300 in OBC which makes more sense than doing the 25,000 points for only $250 OBC

2. how to do this: (2) 15,000 points as double occupancy (separately)?

*not a single occupancy*, going w/"hubby", so double

3. how soon to do this (cruise is March 2017)?

4. how do I get verification (proof) for our cruise (is it automatically attached to our cruise account)?

Thanks so much for any help here, so sorry if this has been discussed prior. I just want to be sure I am doing it right ! :)

Francis

Unless you have points that are going to expire before your cruise, I would wait until mid to late February to redeem [depending on when in March your cruise is...I'd say three weeks out to be sure you can follow up that it applied] so in the event you need to cancel you don't have the hassle of trying to transfer the credit.

This most recent redemption [for my upcoming cruise this Sunday] I did not get any confirmation that the OBC was applied. I called RCCL to confirm that the OBC was in their records. I actually had to call the Travel Agent to find out because RCCL said they couldn't see that portion of my reservation. TA looked it up and said she saw it. So I expect it will be there on Sunday :) I suppose if I was nervous about it I could have asked her to take a screen shot or provide some type of report, but I feel confident that it will be applied.

As far as single or double occupancy...I don't even remember which I chose. I can't imagine it matters much unless you were traveling with someone in cabin with someone on a separate payment account.

And if you want to get the most OBC, then yes, obviously two $150s would be better than one $250. But you may even accumulate more if you wait until after you've made final payment to redeem.

I'm not sure I understand your question (#2). My DH has the RCI Visa card and redeems points for every cruise. I assume he redeems as double occupancy since we always cruise together. Since he is the one responsible for the onboard account, everything goes through his seapass, ultimately.

Once you redeem the points on the website, they will send you a confirmation email.

MAKE SURE YOU PRINT OUT THIS CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND TAKE IT WITH YOU ON THE CRUISE. If there is a dispute onboard you will need this proof that you have redeemed points for OBC. This only happened to us once. They are normally VERY good about applying the OBC but if you do not have that email, you will have no way of proving that you have the OBC coming.

Then, of course, you will receive double points for all charges made while you are on the cruise so it's a win-win.

Good luck and have a great cruise !

The math works out the same when redeeming the rewards. 5k points == 50 dollars. They'll let you split it up any way you wish, as long as you buy it in 5k chunks.

When I have done it I get a receipt from "Branded redemptions". I keep that with all the email related to that particular cruise. So far, there have been no issues.

Enjoy your cruise.

MAKE SURE YOU PRINT OUT THIS CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND TAKE IT WITH YOU ON THE CRUISE. ......

I'd like to add that I did get the confirmation email that RFerrington is referring to when I submitted the request, but it doesn't actually have what I would consider enough identifying info on it for me to consider it a confirmation that the OBC was actually applied to the cruise, that's why approx. 10 days later I called RCCL [and ultimately my TA] to confirm it was noted within the actual cruise reservation.

Can RCI points be redeemed for OBC with Celebrity or Azamara?

Yes they can. On the first page it asks you to chose your cruise line.

I'd like to add that I did get the confirmation email that RFerrington is referring to when I submitted the request, but it doesn't actually have what I would consider enough identifying info on it for me to consider it a confirmation that the OBC was actually applied to the cruise, that's why approx. 10 days later I called RCCL [and ultimately my TA] to confirm it was noted within the actual cruise reservation.

I always put the ship name and sail date and repeat the reservation number in the comments section. That way I know which sailing I have requested the OBC for. And it gives the person on the RCL end a bit more confirmation also.

One nice thing about this OBC that you get from your Visa Card is that it is refundable. If you have credit left on your account at the end of the cruise, you can go to Customer Service and they will close out the account and give you the balance in cash. I just did it four weeks ago on the Grandeur. If you have any non-refundable OBC, they will use that first and then start using up the refundable.