whale watching

girlzillla

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, twice we have gone on the Mystic Man ecotour in St. Lucia which includes some time whale & dolphin watching. First time was in November 2013 and saw many whales and dolphin, 2nd was in May 2014 and saw no whales, but many dolphin. I had read that fall was the peak for seeing whales but would have enjoyed the day whether we saw any or not. Have not attempted in Grenada so can't comment.

Edited by VaCruzers

Yes, twice we have gone on the Mystic Man ecotour in St. Lucia which includes some time whale & dolphin watching. First time was in November 2013 and saw many whales and dolphin, 2nd was in May 2014 and saw no whales, but many dolphin. I had read that fall was the peak for seeing whales but would have enjoyed the day whether we saw any or not. Have not attempted in Grenada so can't comment.

Great to read such a positive review, thanks. We just booked their ecotour for our visit next March. :)

• 1 month later...

We have privately booked with Hackshaw's Boat (see their website and tell them that Marc sent you) about 12 or 13 times now to go whale watching in St Lucia. They are a class operation, with great boats and crew.

Do a search and see some of my videos on youtube.

Going with them again in March, 2015

Edited by chrysalis

We have privately booked with Hackshaw's Boat (see their website and tell them that Marc sent you) about 12 or 13 times now to go whale watching in St Lucia. They are a class operation, with great boats and crew.

Do a search and see some of my videos on youtube.

Going with them again in March, 2015

I contacted Chris and he said I needed to book through the cruise line :(

Thanks for the info. Do they usually have crowded boats? I booked a snorkel tour through RCI once and there was about 80 people on the boat. Too many people for snorkeling ?

There was 14 last time. They have different boats for different size groups,

that's the main reason i book independly, Group sizes are usually much smaller than cruise tours. price is usually better also but thats not our main focus. A more personal tour is a big thing for us

There was 14 last time. They have different boats for different size groups,

that's the main reason i book independly, Group sizes are usually much smaller than cruise tours. price is usually better also but thats not our main focus. A more personal tour is a big thing for us

Thanks, I sent Mystic Man and inquiry.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me if there are any whale/dolphin watch excursions available to book at the dock just as you get off the ship? Where all the vendors congregate?

I've checked with Captain Mike's---they don't do whale watches on the day of the week we are there. Hackshaw's is contracted with the cruise ship, so you have to book through CCL to go on theirs. I've heard there are some of the "well known" vendors who actually are at the dock to meet those who pre-booked, but will be there trying to get a few more people to sign up as they get off the ship. Anyone done this? If so, what was your experience? Prices seem to be the same? Which tour operators?

:eek: I've waited so late (we sail next week, Nov. 9th) and now I'm getting panicky about not having this tied down. But may just call this a fly by the seat of my pants day!