Transactions after final bill

piscean

We are currently enquiring as to why 2 transactions have been put on our card since our final settled account after our cruise.

Another small unauthorised transaction has been made by another cruise line after a future booking.

We've had to cancel our card.

Anyone else having this problem?

Indeed it is .....but it was my credit card provider that alerted me to these transactions and also of another cruise company. They advised cancelling the card!

You cancelled the card before finding out if the M & M's in your cabin refrigerator are being charged to you?

Maybe you should clarify if this is a $8.00 glass of wine and a $25 towel fee charged in error or are these $100's of dollars.

Yes, please clarify.

If this happened on regent, they will fix it, but why would a charge from another cruise line appear?

Btw, jvillegal has obviously never cruised on regent as there are no towel fees or extra charges for any snack food.

Yes, please clarify.

If this happened on regent, they will fix it, but why would a charge from another cruise line appear?

Btw, jvillegal has obviously never cruised on regent as there are no towel fees or extra charges for any snack food.

Just examples of things in other cruise lines that can appear. She mentioned "another" cruiseline and never clarified the type of charges that appeared. A $25 charge vs a $500 charge is a world of difference.

And thank you for clarifying who I have cruised with. :confused: Imagine my surprise to hear that!

I hope the TS/OP will be able to update us all on the outcome.

It seemed a drastic measure to have to cancel a credit card for transactions from two cruise lines, both of whom the poster has had recent dealings with (previous cruise on Regent and a future booking with another line) :confused:

The OP may not have chosen to cancel the credit card. I have had unauthorized charges, and when I said it wasn't mine, the cc company automatically canceled and sent me a new one.

It all depends on what kind of charges are being called "unauthorized" the OP post lead me to believe these are charges from two cruiselines, Regent & unknown. Never said if she contacted the cruiseline to discover what the charge would be for???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It all depends on what kind of charges are being called "unauthorized" the OP post lead me to believe these are charges from two cruiselines, Regent & unknown. Never said if she contacted the cruiseline to discover what the charge would be for???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point. That would be the first thing to do. It is certainly possibly that the errors could have been corrected with phone calls. Also, unauthorized charges can be challenged and most credit card companies will refund the money pending an investigation. I was thinking of charges from places you are not familiar with. We have had the same credit card replaced twice due to this. It was the credit company's decision and it really was't a big deal for us.

I have just realised that the TS/OP may be from the UK

It will therefore be a little bit more difficult, and take more time, for them to find out the transaction details (TS will contact Regent UK who then has to contact Miami who then contacts the ship etc etc)

The CC provider will see the reported 'unauthorised' amounts as foreign transactions and will therefore exercise increased caution - hence the card cancellation

Anyway, I still hope that piscean will provide an update on the outcome when resolved so that we can be reassured that the cruise lines reacted promptly with all the information required

To answer piscean's original question, we have never had any erroneous post cruise charges from Regent

Update.

After contacting Regent the matter is resolved. Two charges were lodged on my card but not invoiced. I had settled my bill onboard which was for visas only so couldn't understand the two charges.

At the same time Crystal made a nominal charge after I entered my details for a future cruise. I was not informed of this transaction and did not authorise it. As far as my credit card was concerned someone was 'testing' my card and they advised cancelling it. I have paid in full for my upcoming Crystal cruise and have sailed with them previously.

There was a recent thread (moved to Princess) regarding unauthorised charges which prompted me to post.

Further.

Assuming it was Crystal 'testing' I am still waiting for a reply from Crystal.

Greetings from South Beach, piscean. One of my Chase cards was hacked four times. To its credit, every time Chase notified me that there was suspected fraud, I had no financial responsibility and I would receive a new card. Finally, the fourth time, the amount was much larger, $100+. Since the card had become useless, I told Chase to not issue a new one, but to permanently remove it. They did issue a new card of a different type, and no more hacking.

Because hacked cards can be very disruptive when abroad, we travel with multiple cards. When we lived in Paris, one of our cards was canceled while we were shopping.. We called from the store and were told that fraud was suspected and we hadn't answered their call about it. We didn't hear it. Having multiple cards allowed us to finish our transaction. Notifying card issuers about travel reduces misunderstandings, but the spectre of fraud is always with us.

Mary

The above advice is very good. I would like to add that every time we travel abroad we notify our credit card companies (the ones that we might possibly use out of the country) as well as the Credit Union that we have a Debit Card with of our itinerary. This insures that there are no questions if we are charging something or using an ATM out of the country. So far it has worked perfectly (knocking on wood).