Meeting fellow passengers

thekingmaker

Hi,

As I'm completely new to this, including cruising. I would like to know how/if I can make contact with my fellow passengers on a cruise that is due to set sail from Barbados on the 21st February 2015. Line P & O ship Azura.

Thank you

"Thekingmaker"

Yes, the Roll Call is the place to meet others sailing with you. To join, go to the top of this page and move the cursor over "Community". Select Roll Calls from the drop down. Scroll to your cruise line and then Click on your ship. Finally, find the thread for your sailing.

H Paul, Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried twice what you have advised and get as far as being able to see that there are 25 members on that roll call. Unfortunately that's a far as I can get. I don't seem to able to join the group or make a posting to them :confused:

Hi,

As I'm completely new to this, including cruising. I would like to know how/if I can make contact with my fellow passengers on a cruise that is due to set sail from Barbados on the 21st February 2015. Line P & O ship Azura.

Thank you

"Thekingmaker"

Check out the dates and ship through the CC boards and go online and see what is being planned and discussed. If the cruise is 7 days or more register for the CC M&M. Quite often if you are in the day before the Cruise there will be a pre-Cruise dinner held somewhere and it is a good chance to meet with folks .

Have fun and enjoy.

H Paul, Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried twice what you have advised and get as far as being able to see that there are 25 members on that roll call. Unfortunately that's a far as I can get. I don't seem to able to join the group or make a posting to them :confused:

When you get to the box which shows the name and date of your cruise and the number of roll call members, try ignoring the link that says 'View roll call' and click on the one in the right of the box that says 'View discussion'.

Make certain that you are logged onto CC.

Click on the link I gave you -- it works for me.

When you get to the box which shows the name and date of your cruise and the number of roll call members, try ignoring the link that says 'View roll call' and click on the one in the right of the box that says 'View discussion'.

Cheers. Sorted:)

Cheers. Sorted:)

Now that you are "on" your roll call, speak up and express your interests concerning port calls. If you find a fellow poster with similar interests, you might share shore excursions. At any rate you should plan to join any "meet and greet" which might be scheduled - say at sail-away or next day - a great way to connect with your fellow passengers.

Now that you are "on" your roll call, speak up and express your interests concerning port calls. If you find a fellow poster with similar interests, you might share shore excursions. At any rate you should plan to join any "meet and greet" which might be scheduled - say at sail-away or next day - a great way to connect with your fellow passengers.

Cheers, will do :)

Some roll calls are just more active than others. I have seen times where identical cruises a week apart and one had a great roll call and the other was dead.

We are on a 28 day cruise in October and there are already 200 people on the Roll Call and nearly 3000 posts.

There are many great ways to meet people aboard the ship, not just the bar. Participate in activities. Get to know the people you are dining with. Ask people sitting near empty seats (in the buffet) "Can I join you?"Or if you see people wandering around with a tray in the buffet looking for a table, ask, "Would you like to join me?" The more you reach out, the more people will reach back.

I have managed to work my way through the roll call situation as well. So far not many ppl have showed up :( however I guess the cruise is in April LOL a few more months away, I guess I will just have to be patient!

You will find not all sign up for the roll call. Log in express your willingness to get involved and ask questions on the Roll Call about Tours planned or ideas and Voila you will be surprised as to the chatter.

There are many great ways to meet people aboard the ship, not just the bar. Participate in activities. Get to know the people you are dining with. Ask people sitting near empty seats (in the buffet) "Can I join you?"Or if you see people wandering around with a tray in the buffet looking for a table, ask, "Would you like to join me?" The more you reach out, the more people will reach back.

So true: The more you reach out, the more people will reach back! :)

LuLu

We were on a Mediterranean cruise. The Pacific Princess - a small ship. I go down to the get in line for dinner and there is a woman crying. I ask her if she is okay. No, she says. She is from Belize and traveling with her aunt that she barely knew. Her aunt tells her THIS IS THE WAY IT IS DONE. Well, she wasn't hungry at 5:30 so her aunt told her she couldn't eat the rest of the night. Her first time meeting the aunt and traveling outside her country.

No, no I tell her. I speak with the MD and he finds a space for her at the later seating. I explain to her that people on a cruise are very friendly and if you say "good morning-- how are you?" you will soon get to meet people.

After that she met many wonderful people by just saying "hi!".