Can I bring two bottles of wine for the kids' room?

I reviewed Royal's policy on bringing wine aboard. It says that I can bring two bottles of wine per room. "Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom." We have booked two adjacent rooms on Vision for 28 March. My wife and I will be in one room. Our minor kids will be in the room next door. Does that mean we can bring a total of four bottles aboard--two for each room--even though the kids obviously won't be drinking any of it? The Royal policy doesn't really address this, but I don't feel like bringing relatively decent bottles of wine aboard, only to have them confiscated.

I reviewed Royal's policy on bringing wine aboard. It says that I can bring two bottles of wine per room. "Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom." We have booked two adjacent rooms on Vision for 28 March. My wife and I will be in one room. Our minor kids will be in the room next door. Does that mean we can bring a total of four bottles aboard--two for each room--even though the kids obviously won't be drinking any of it? The Royal policy doesn't really address this, but I don't feel like bringing relatively decent bottles of wine aboard, only to have them confiscated.

I'm not sure how they'd think there should be a wine allowance if nobody in room is old enough to have alcoholic beverages. One option: swap names around so you and a child are in one cabin, wife and child in other. Once aboard, you can get extra keys so everybody can enter the cabins.

Not that this is going to help at all since I do not know for sure, but my feeling would be that you would need to have someone that is 21 in the room for that. Maybe you wuold be able to switch and put you wife in one room with one of the kiddos, and you in the other with the other kiddos. Then I would say you definately should be able to. We have connecting rooms for our upcoming cruise, and while my wife and I are in the same room, my mom is in the adjacent room with my daughter. We plan on brining 4 bottles on with us, 2 for our room and 2 for my mom's.

Just put a little distance between you and your wife when going

through security and you both can bring on two bottles without an issue.

I don't think you even need to put any distance between the two. They just see two bottles in a carry-on and that's all they care about. Three and you got a problem. :D

only if there is at least one adult 21 or older booked into the room.

We have never had an issue with bringing 4 bottles on when we have had 2 cabins regardless of who is in what room. Only once did they even check to see that we actually had 2 rooms.

Often when we check in, nobody seems inclined to look at the wine bottles. Other times (like spring break) they seem to be vigilant. Last April, everybody with wine was sent to a table where the bottles were carefully inspected and logged by cabin number. I think those with water or soda might have gotten the same bottle inspection. YMMV.

We carried on 8 bottles of champagne in December 2014 for our B2B on the Jewel of the Seas. We had booked 2 cabins (ours & my parents). They put it in a wine box and we set it on top of my Dad's walker while we walked onto the ship.

Edited by julesbeara

I'm glad to know that they allow 2 per STATEROOM! Traveling solo, it's nice to have the same privileges when paying the same cabin price (or close enough)! Last year the group I'm with sailed on HAL, and it was one per person - the assumption being two per stateroom, but there was no allowance for solos to bring on two.