Meet & Greet Success...Thank you Oceania!

boerneDQ

I just returned from the Path of the Midnight Sun cruise on Nautica. I kept track of the roll call and organized the meet & greet. I would like to say Thank You to Oceania for helping me with the M&G and making it great!

I met with our concierge, Leandro Roldin, as soon as the muster drill was completed. I introduced myself and explained that I was organizing the M&G for the next day (a Sea DAY). He asked when and where, I requested Horizons at 11 am. He consulted the schedule and said it might be tight as the CD had an activity scheduled in Horizons at 10:30. He then called the CD over (Nolan Dean) and we chatted and Nolan moved his activity to 10:15 to insure he would be done in time for the M&G!!!!

Leandro was very willing to distribute the invites I had printed and told me to let him know if I needed any help.

When I arrived to set up, a sign was in place indicating the front half was reserved for us. As we were mingling, Victor Conceicao, the General Manager for Nautica, came in and addressed us, thanking us for sailing with O, etc.. He was very gracious and mingled for a time. Nolan also joined us and hung around.

I was so pleased with how helpful and welcoming everyone from O was. We had almost 100 folks attend the M&G, so it would not have been nearly as successful without the Nautica's staffs' help.

Charlotte

I agree! Billy Wheat from the Marina has been very helpful in our efforts to set up a M&G after our lifeboat drill as we depart Amsterdam on Sep 1. He has gotten us the use of the Horizons and has offered further assistance in working with the ship to provide snacks etc. This will go a long way in kicking off what promises to be a wonderful cruise.

Really?

We have had mostly good luck with M & G & the concierge arranging a space plus sending out invites ..except for embarkation day meetings

Usually they just put a sign Private Function but last cruise we had a LARGE sign with Cruise Critic on it :eek:

CIMG0020_zpsc87d7cb5.jpg

Sometimes we had snacks ..nuts/chips etc

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Encouraging news! How did you arrange for the invites to be sent out? Did you provide cabin numbers or just the names of those on your M & G list?

We try to get cabin numbers & surnames for our list to give to the Concierge

Less work for them ;)

I provided the invites with each roll call member's name and cabin number to the Concierge. I also grouped them by deck and had all odd cabins together on each deck and all even cabins together. I figured if I made it as easy as possible, the likelyhood of success would be greater :)

We had a sign similar to the one LHT posted. I do think having it on the day after embarkation helps.

But I can not say enough on how helpful and gracious all the O folks were!

Charlotte

The key is for someone on the Roll Call to srep up and keep a private list of full names and cabin numbers, as a fairly significant number don't want that information published on the open forum. The volunteer must supply an email address. The data is usually kept on a spread sheet. It's not necessary but often fun to also collect hometowns for use on name tags.

The volunteer, or an agreed upon spokesman, then presnts the list to the concierge as early in the cruise as possible, even before departure if the invitations are to go out that night. In some cases we've presented the concierge with pre-printed invitations, but most often I've thrown myself on the mercy of the concierge to work with the other departments to come up with the best location, date and time, in which case he has also printed the invitations.

Edited by hondorner

I organized a meet and greet on Nautica Bangkok to Rome last March. They were very cooperative, roped off a portion of Horizons, provided bar staff with snacks and soft drinks. We had about 80 cc participants. Very appreciative for the cooperation.

Great job Charlotte,lovely to meet you and the other CC guests......see you next year!

Josie x

Thanks, Charlotte, for organizing the M&G on Nautica, and for getting the roll call started. It's an enormous help.

Totally agree with comments about gen mgr Victor; he could not have been more gracious. This was our first M&G and we thought it was a huge success.

Thanks again to you and to the staff of Nautica.

Thanks, Charlotte, for organizing the M&G on Nautica, and for getting the roll call started. It's an enormous help.

Totally agree with comments about gen mgr Victor; he could not have been more gracious. This was our first M&G and we thought it was a huge success.

Thanks again to you and to the staff of Nautica.

Me too!!:D

Robbie