Guarantee cabins

Is it usual not to get a reservation number if you book guarantee? I have only booked g once before, but still got a reservation number immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

you should get a booking number with a confirmation email with a breakdown of the prices and when your final payment is due, if you havent got the email contact your booking agent when you can

with a guarantee cabin you may not get your cabin number until closer to sailing or when you check in

Is it usual not to get a reservation number if you book guarantee? I have only booked g once before, but still got a reservation number immediately.

We booked a guarantee suite on Celebrity Solstice on our last cruise with Celebrity direct and got a reservation number etc at the time of booking.

Saved some money and got a sky suite on the aft of the ship in the corner - was a cracker - $5,000 each including all fees and came with the four perks as well (Go Best). for a 14 day cruise from Singapore to Sydney.

Our suite allocation came about 8 weeks before we sailed

It may depend on who you book with and what cruise line - they may have a different policy?

I understand that the cabin may not be allocated up until sailing, but the Ta is also saying no reservation number until cabin is allocated. I find this a little unusual and unsettling. We have only done 1 gty before but definitely got a reservation number. Thinking I may have made a mistake. They also wanted an exorbitant deposit which I refused to pay considering the cruise is 10 months away, so they dropped that down to a more acceptable level.

I understand that the cabin may not be allocated up until sailing, but the Ta is also saying no reservation number until cabin is allocated. I find this a little unusual and unsettling. We have only done 1 gty before but definitely got a reservation number. Thinking I may have made a mistake. They also wanted an exorbitant deposit which I refused to pay considering the cruise is 10 months away, so they dropped that down to a more acceptable level.

You should have a booking number, I wouldn't be happy.

i think you have made a mistake booking with that TA and can you say what cruise you have booked and we'll try and advise you but dont mention the TA as its against the rules

any booking you make they must give you a booking number and a confimation email

if its a princess cruise the TA's might be busy taking bookings on the Majestic Princess which opened up today for bookings

That sounds a bit suspicious. Have you actually paid the deposit?

That sounds a bit suspicious. Have you actually paid the deposit?

Yes have paid deposit. A very reputable company that does a lot of music cruises, we have used quite a few times, but never for gty. Bookings then put thru your local ta. Will follow up again tomorrow, maybe just a misunderstanding on the local ta. I thought I would check with the very knowledgable folks here first in case it was my misunderstanding. CC'ers always so helpful [emoji106]

I've booked a guarantee cabin through a TA a couple of times and both times I got the relevant cruise line booking ref immediately.

You need to point out to the TA that sometimes cabins aren't allocated until the day of travel so you need to be able to access the booking online to complete all the details. You can't do that unless you have the booking ref.

I understand that the cabin may not be allocated up until sailing, but the Ta is also saying no reservation number until cabin is allocated.

If you have paid a deposit as you state, you will have a reservation number.

Find another TA or book direct, you will always get a booking number.

I was going to ask if this was a charter, and when you referred to music cruises it sounds more like it is, or perhaps some similar arrangement.

For charters in particular you will likely not get a reservation number when you book, since the booking is managed by the charter/TA rather than the cruiseline until a few months out. There are some other special arrangements which may result in not getting a cruise booking number straight away. However you should still get the TA booking number and receipt for payment.

I was going to ask if this was a charter, and when you referred to music cruises it sounds more like it is, or perhaps some similar arrangement.

For charters in particular you will likely not get a reservation number when you book, since the booking is managed by the charter/TA rather than the cruiseline until a few months out. There are some other special arrangements which may result in not getting a cruise booking number straight away. However you should still get the TA booking number and receipt for payment.

This particular cruise is not a charter - Radiance on Jan 3 2018, just advertised thru the same online agent that does the music cruises. I will call them direct to find out what the go is.Thanks for all your replies, you confirmed what I thought.

This particular cruise is not a charter - Radiance on Jan 3 2018, just advertised thru the same online agent that does the music cruises. I will call them direct to find out what the go is.Thanks for all your replies, you confirmed what I thought.

i think i know the company you used because i enquired about a cruise and they wanted $1000 deposit on a $1200 cruise and i said no thanks and looked else where

i think i know the company you used because i enquired about a cruise and they wanted $1000 deposit on a $1200 cruise and i said no thanks and looked else where

Yes, that's what they asked for but I refused, they came back with $300 ea which was much more acceptable.