Anyone just off the Enchantment????

We sailed on her on a four night cruise in January and found the ship to be great. She is a little old and slightly dated, but overall, it was a great experience. The pool area is huge and the Solarium is very cozy. We ate at Windjammer twice, the MDR for dinner three times and for breakfast twice, Park Cafe a couple times and Chops once. The food was really good. It wasn't spectacular. The crew were always friendly and fun to interact with. The cruise director was fantastic and the shows and quizzes were very good. I would skip the jewelry sales pitch activities.

If I ever go to Nassau on a cruise again, I am staying on the ship unless I want to find a place with WiFi in town. There's a Starbucks and a Hard Rock Cafe a couple blocks from the cruise port on the opposite side of the straw market. The Starbucks was closed due to a warehouse fire. I don't know if it has reopened. Besides a couple of forts further into the island, there's not much to see outside of the small downtown area. Atlantis is a money pit. If you want to go to the beach, you can walk the approximate mile to the Fish Fry and hang on the beach adjacent to it. If you don't want to walk, it's a cheap cab ride. You can see the cruise terminal and the ship to your right from there.

Coco Cay was really nice since Enchantment was the only ship there that day. If there's more than one ship, get to the island early and stake your claim of beach space for the day. They'll up sell you on excursions including the inflatable water park which I thought was a rip off. The cookout was pretty typical food, but pretty good. Get in line early for better selections.

We were in a junior suite deck 8 starboard aft.

I would sail on this ship again.

I was wondering how the Enchantment is these days. We will be on her March 27th for the 3 night. Collage kids? Kids?

We were on last week on the 4 day and there were over 1200 guests between the ages of 18 and 25. Definitely a spring break party ship. Only 46 guests were diamond and up.

• 2 weeks later...
Please how do you do that

1-go up towards the top. On the very left of that gray-ish bar that starts with "user cp, FAQ", etc...click on User Cp.

2-About halfway down click on "edit options"

3- then go down to the "thread options" section and find a little box that says "show signatures"....uncheck it.

4-.then go to the bottom of the page click "save".

5-Enjoy less clutterred threads

We were on 2.27 three-night sailing ... great cruise and loved the Enchantment.

Marc Bing Bong was the funniest most personable cruise director we've had yet ... the ship was in great shape (just noticed a little rust on the hull here and there ) .. D2 balcony cabin beautiful, spacious and in great shape.

Made it to Coco Cay, got a cabana .. very highly recommended.

Nassau (blechhhh .. its a ghetto with palm trees ... been there several times .. BUT ... we cabbed it over to the Melia Beach hotel .. $20 each way .. got a day pass there for $35 and had full use of their beautiful beach and pool .. highly recommended is uve seen NAS before and are sick of it )

MDR on Enchantment once for Dinner and once for Bkfast .. underwhelmed. Slow service due to to few servers ... and all of them running around frantically. sad.

Chops was good .. but don't reserve in advance .. they throw specials around to get u in there once ure on board ... but careful .. the special price might not include tip ... ours did not the 2nd night we ate in there ... little bit tricky of them .. foods great in Chops tho .. just plan on a long night .. service is slow due to chronic understaffing problem.

WJ good .. and the pool deck buffet lunch they do as ure pulling into Nassau is great. . loved the pool deck and bars .. you will have a great time !! She's a beautiful ship.

I have signatures disabled....all they do is clutter up threads....and why is everything on those always bedazzled anyway?

agreed ... best thing ever was when I figured out how to disable all the cutesy corny crap people put in these things ... the graphics, the banners, the 30 lines of bragging about ships they've been on and their status on each line, or how much they love their silly grandchildren or pussycats ... quack quack who cares ..!!.......

Edited by F27TW

agreed ... best thing ever was when I figured out how to disable all the cutesy corny crap people put in these things ... the graphics, the banners, the 30 lines of bragging about ships they've been on and their status on each line, or how much they love their silly grandchildren or pussycats ... quack quack who cares ..!!.......

I found this kind of amusing because you have have that exact same "30 lines of bragging about ships (you've) been on" in your signature. Lol

I think it's all in good fun, people who all share a common love of cruising! Relax ;-)

Edited by OSULabRat

1-go up towards the top. On the very left of that gray-ish bar that starts with "user cp, FAQ", etc...click on User Cp.

2-About halfway down click on "edit options"

3- then go down to the "thread options" section and find a little box that says "show signatures"....uncheck it.

4-.then go to the bottom of the page click "save".

5-Enjoy less clutterred threads

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
We were on last week on the 4 day and there were over 1200 guests between the ages of 18 and 25. Definitely a spring break party ship. Only 46 guests were diamond and up.

We were on over Easter, and the Diamond Club was empty.

We were on over Easter, and the Diamond Club was empty.

We were the only ones in there on a couple of nights. Us and the kid's playing cards and keeping Felix company for a couple hours before dinner. The most we ever saw was 4 tables maybe 12 people.

Hoping that the lounge is like that on our other cruises as we travel at March break and Christmas which tend to have a lot less C&A members.