Too crowded?

mcgratru

We will be in Grand Cayman next week on Caribbean Princess...at least two other large Carnival ships in port that day. We are just looking for a relaxing beach day and have a seven mile beach break booked through the ship (and no, not interested in private, dyi etc. as I do not find that relaxing)....anyway....will it be too crowded to enjoy? We are starting to wonder if we might just stay on the ship that day. We have never stayed on board on a port day and this trip is about relaxing and sun....any advice?

Of course it won't be "too "crowded"...they are quite used to multiple ships daily. Plus, all the "land vacation" folks! It's not just ships that stop there! Plus, all the folks who LIVE there!

You are worried about nothing.

The best part about the beach in Grand Cayman, is that if it's too crowded right where you are, all you have to do is walk down the beach a bit and find a place that's a little less crowded. :) Since you are doing a ship's excursion most people will probably plunk down right near where they drop you off. Wander up or down the beach a little for some privacy. :)

We will be in Grand Cayman next week on Caribbean Princess...at least two other large Carnival ships in port that day. We are just looking for a relaxing beach day and have a seven mile beach break booked through the ship (and no, not interested in private, dyi etc. as I do not find that relaxing)....anyway....will it be too crowded to enjoy? We are starting to wonder if we might just stay on the ship that day. We have never stayed on board on a port day and this trip is about relaxing and sun....any advice?

That is a lot of people and the prime spots will indeed be a bit crowded. As mentioned you can walk a bit away from the drop points for a quieter spot but you will also lose the amenities which you are looking for.

I know you want to be on a ship excursion, not sure why but do not stay on the ship. Our choice on a busy day or on a quiet day would be away from SMB and a self-excursion and either taking the Fat Fish Adventures jet ski tour, driving to Rum Point, or for an easier day just taking a taxi to My Bar at the Sunset House just a short ride from the tender.