Singapore Airport Transfer to Hotel/Ship?

Oxo

We are flying into Singapore in Feb 2014 and wonder who has any info on getting from the airport to a city hotel (Orchard Area) and/or to the Royal Caribbean Cruise Port.

We have checked the Internet and have seen that:

1. Taxis - Airport to City: $18 - $38 and takes approximately 30 minutes. There is an Airport surcharge of $3 - $5 depending on time of day. If after Midnight the surcharge is 50% of final metered fare - 12am to 6am.

2. Airport Shuttle to City hotels is $9 per Adult.

Any suggestions/experiences appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I support everyone else - my wife & I visit Singapore on a regular basis to see our son, wife & grandson. Singapore is one of the safest cities in the world, easy to get around, heaps of taxis (fares not that dear), and it also has one of the safes/fastest transport system, called MRT (mass rapid transport).

If your in Singapore for any length of time, call to one of their railway stations, & purchase an Ezi-Link Card, which get from one of their machines, by putting in $10 or $20 Singapore note, and the card willl pop out & have amount you entered on the card for immediate usage. When enter/leave MRT rail stations, you scan the card, which knows where you got on & where you exited, and deducts from your card. You can also scan the card at one of their readers to know exactly how much is left on the card.

On the buses, there is a machine near the driver, and another near the back door, when you get on, scan the card, and when you get off, scan the card again. The little reader tells you how much was deducted for your journey, and your balance.

Taxi's are so plentiful in Singapore, and quite cheap when you think about it.

• 4 weeks later...

To and from the airport is always a good resource to check for airport transportation worldwide. Remember prices are quoted in local currency.

From the to and from:

"To the city center Regular Taxi $23-28 ($27-37 at peak times, usually after 6pm until 0930 Mon-Fri or until 0600 at weekends). Takes ~25 mins. Mercedes Taxis $24-29 off peak, $28-38 at peak times. Chrysler Taxi $33-40 off peak, $40-55 at peak times. Limousine taxis charge $45 to any destination in Singapore. Taxis wait outside the arrivals areas of T1, T2 & T3."

Per oanda currency converter, today one USD = 1.26639 SGD (Singapore dollar).

Some Hotels have free shuttle bus to & from Hotel/Airport eg. Mercure Grand Roxy Hotel.

Taxi's in singapore at plentiful, not that dear, and a great way of getting around quickly.

I often stay 7 days or more in Singapore at my son's place near Bukit Timah, and we use buses, MRT trains or taxi's every day we are there.

The MRT ( Mass Rapid Transport) is fast, allows you change at interchanges onto different lines to go all over Singapore (just about). Because we stay in Singapore for a longer period of time than a person just waiting to go on a cruise, we purchase what they call Ezi-Link Card, from Railway Stations, for around $10, then later you can top them up at Railway Stations, even a 7-11 stores near my son's place.

As you enter a railway station, you scan the card at a reader before going down the stairs to the platform, and when you alight from the MRT at your destination, you scan the card before leaving the station. Singapore buses also operates on the same card, same thing scan when you enter the bus & again as you leave the bus at your destination.

We always get Ezi-Link Cards soon as we arrive in Singapore, the cheapest & most convenient way of getting around Singapore. At Interchange Stations you change from one line to another without scanning the card, and when you finally leave MRT system at your final station, you scan the card, the computer knows how far you have travelled, and deducts the amount off your card.

• 3 weeks later...

The airport shuttle is really good, too. We were the only passengers on it so just as quick as a taxi. Perhaps make up your minds when you arrive, that's what we did and once we saw the long queues for taxis we opted for the airport shuttle.

Did use a taxi from hotel to ship, though.

• 9 months later...
Are taxis plentiful at the airport to go to the cruise ship terminal in the wee hours of the morning? Like 2 a.m.? Also, how long can I expect to take to clear customs?

Going to the cruise terminal at 2:00am :eek:.

The above posts have been very helpful...We're arriving at 12:40am and will thanks to all the advice just get a taxi to our hotel for our pre-cruise stay...sounds like they'll be available even at this early hour.

Are taxis plentiful at the airport to go to the cruise ship terminal in the wee hours of the morning? Like 2 a.m.? Also, how long can I expect to take to clear customs?

Taxi is always available any time of the day.

At 2 a.m. from deplane to luggage claim should be less than 20 min.

also at this time of the day, the taxi queue will very short.