Airlines from Barcelona

galelynn

Can anyone tell me what airlines fly from Barcelona, Spain to LAX or San Diego?
The best place for questions like this is usually the Wikipedia page for the airport concerned.

The answer appears to be that no airline flies from Barcelona to either Los Angeles or San Diego. You will have to connect somewhere, but then that opens up the possibilities to perhaps a dozen airlines or more.

Wikipedia is definitely, in my opinion, the quickest and easiest way to get this info as my predecessor mentioned. I use it all the time. Just yesterday, IT came to my desk and asked me why the heck I had the wikipedia page for Wellington Airport up. I needed to plan a domestic flight within New Zealand and I knew it was the best place to go to find out what airlines, other than Air NZ (wanted to try something new) fly there.

But as mentioned, nobody flies that route nonstop. Even Madrid, an airport quite a bit larger and more important in reality, only has seasonal service to LAX, and none to San Diego.

With connections, you open up a ton of options. Connecting in Europe, you have Air France, British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, Swiss and perhaps one or two more than I am forgetting. Connecting in the US, you have Delta, American, and United.

The quickest way is Wikipedia, or the homepage of the airport itself.

If you want to have pricing information, ITA Matrix is a reliable independent source. You also have the possibility of including airports near your departure or arrival point for even more options. Through Ita, I sometimes find airlines or routings I would have never thought about.

I would advise to connect in Europe. Barcelona is a major destination here, with most airlines flying many times a day. If your incoming flight into London, Paris, Munich, Frankfurt, Madrid, Amsterdam, you-name-it, comes in late and you miss your connection, normally there are 5 later flights on that day.

Barcelona Airport is part of the Spanish AENA system of airports and has a very good website, with most information in English.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1045569607375/

An interesting option to watch for one-way fare deals is with Norwegian that has connecting service that varies by date between Barcelona (BCN) and Los Angeles (LAX) and would connect in London Gatwick, Oslo, Stockholm or Copenhagen.

Turkish Airlines has also been coming with some interesting one-way fares through Istanbul on occasion, among others.

Barcelona Airport is part of the Spanish AENA system of airports and has a very good website, with most information in English.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1045569607375/

An interesting option to watch for one-way fare deals is with Norwegian that has connecting service that varies by date between Barcelona (BCN) and Los Angeles (LAX) and would connect in London Gatwick, Oslo, Stockholm or Copenhagen.

Turkish Airlines has also been coming with some interesting one-way fares through Istanbul on occasion, among others.

Barcelona to the US via Istanbul sounds awful to me. But I know people do crazy things to save a few bucks.

Barcelona to the US via Istanbul sounds awful to me. But I know people do crazy things to save a few bucks.

$59.62 in taxes/fees for a Business class FF ticket vs. almost $600 via AC/LH - a couple of hours extra in the air seems a small price to pay. Besides, some people fly thru IST just to go to the TK lounge.

Edited by Twickenham

Norwegian looks cheap, it is a no-frills budget airline. You have to buy your own food, pay for your luggage, etc. By time you have done all that, a legacy airline might be cheaper. The staff is not European, but from Thailand, to lower labour costs. Norwegian does not have code-shares, partnerships or interline agreements with other airlines. Plus they only have 6 long haul aircraft. In case of a technical problem, you are going to be stranded until they fix the plane, you will not be rebooked on another carrier.

Look at British Air. They fly from BCN to LHR and then direct from LHR to San Diego several days a week. Good connections reasonable price.

Recently flew from CPH to LAX direct on Norwegian. Two class aircraft. Coach, low cost, you pay for everything. Premium all is include at a good price, comfortable seats, great legroom. We flew on a leased aircraft due to the delays in delivery of 787's. Would not fly them if I needed to connect to another flight until they mature in the US market.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app