Dream cove noise

I was looking for info on my cabin 2284 online and came across a message on the Carnival Funville boards that talks about noise in the cove balcony's.

<<If you are in a cove balcony Cabin # 2284 - 2302 and 2309 - 2329 the noise for the ship is so bad you will not sleep.

The vibration is so bad from the water running down the side of the ship it will rattle thing off your table and counters.

With all the cruises we have done I have never heard a noise like this from the stabilizers.

Go to the front desk if you have a problem they know about it. >>

(http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/201343.aspx)

Has anyone on the Dream experienced the same thing, especially for the entire cruise? Originally I was booked in 2309 and switched to port side 2284. Now must I worry about getting any sleep? An occasional moan and groan is one thing, but all night??? The original poster did not say where there cruise went to or that seas were rough, etc. Please advise. I know so many of you love the cove's, maybe this is just one person that CANNOT be pleased?

I was looking for info on my cabin 2284 online and came across a message on the Carnival Funville boards that talks about noise in the cove balcony's.

<<If you are in a cove balcony Cabin # 2284 - 2302 and 2309 - 2329 the noise for the ship is so bad you will not sleep.

The vibration is so bad from the water running down the side of the ship it will rattle thing off your table and counters.

With all the cruises we have done I have never heard a noise like this from the stabilizers.

Has anyone on the Dream experienced the same thing, especially for the entire cruise? Originally I was booked in 2309 and switched to port side 2284. Now must I worry about getting any sleep? An occasional moan and groan is one thing, but all night??? The original poster did not say where there cruise went to or that seas were rough, etc. Please advise. I know so many of you love the cove's, maybe this is just one person that CANNOT be pleased?

Stayed in that very cabin ,it was very quiet and didn't experience any noise's as you described .

Stayed in 2288 on the Dream and I have no idea what that person was taking about. There was no noise or vibration in the room. You could hear the water more on the balcony than higher up, but that's to be expected. We picked 2288 on the Breeze for next year because we liked it so much on the Dream.

LOL I love the part about:

"Go to the front desk if you have a problem they know about it."

.... what exactly would the front desk do about it anyway? call and tel the captain to slow the ship down ? :rolleyes:

but also ...

if you are getting a room way down on Deck 2 .... practically at the waterline .. shouldn't you expect a lot of water noise ??

Perhaps so if your room is way forward, where the water slaps against the ship, but we had a room about 1/3 of the way back and never heard any disagreeable water sounds, just the good kind that help you sleep. :-)

Perhaps so if your room is way forward, where the water slaps against the ship, but we had a room about 1/3 of the way back and never heard any disagreeable water sounds, just the good kind that help you sleep. :-)

I'm with ya ... I love that sound .. the water swooshing (is that a word?) against the hull! But I remember last yr some family of ours had a cabin WAY up front on Explorer Of The Seas and the sound from that freakin anchor comin up and down ..... OMG and also when we had rough seas .. man could u hear that up there so definitely front of the ship = not too peaceful ! !! :eek:

but also ...

if you are getting a room way down on Deck 2 .... practically at the waterline .. shouldn't you expect a lot of water noise ??

...Deck 2 is three decks above the waterline. Close your balcony door and sleep quietly with no noise.

but also ...

LOL deck two is far removed from the water line. there are several decks below deck 2 that the crew uses.

I've had 2275 and 2294 with no noise problems. I have 2289 booked for the future.

When are you cruising? I have this cabin booked in December and I would love some pics and your opinion of this room. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elsisi

Were there more complaints of noise from other reviews? Why would you quote one review when there has never been complaints before? The review was clearly inflammatory in the first place by quoting so many cabins.

We were in 2284 on the Dream twice. Once in 2011 and again in 2012. Was there noise? Yes, definitely. It sounded like something grinding. We just assumed it was the stabilizers as we had never been that low before on a ship.

It did not keep us awake all night and was not a deal breaker. We liked it enough that we booked it a second time. My daughter, however, asked us not to book a cove on our next cruise on the Breeze.

Were there more complaints of noise from other reviews? Why would you quote one review when there has never been complaints before? The review was clearly inflammatory in the first place by quoting so many cabins.

I quoted this review because I Googled my room number and this review came up. Not too many reviews good or bad come up with this particular room number. I figured I would asked the 'experts' here and get the truth.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that one review. It sounds like they probably encountered extremely rough seas & then exaggerated when they did their review. I stayed within that block of rooms on a sister ship, Breeze, and there were no noise issues at all. Our room was below the perfectly silent dining room. Your room looks like it might be below the open lobby area, just barely. There is some music that plays there, and they have a breakdance show there one night. The grinding sound could be from people moving around there. And there could be some inconsiderate people stomping around above the room late at night. That might have been what happened to that reviewer. But you're probably just as likely or more likely to have a noisy next-door neighbor that bugs you (no matter where you are on the ship).

We were in 2379 last year and I do remember some strange vibrations in the room, but nothing that kept me awake at night. We really enjoyed the room and having the balcony down at the water.

I will say though, our last night as we were nearing port (we arrived early due to a medical emergency), the galley above us was being deep-cleaned I guess and it sounded like a herd of elephants was running from one side of the ship to the other. That lasted from about 10pm to 2 or 3am. We couldn't sleep a wink, and apparently our neighbors had the same problem because I could hear them all out on their balconies as well.

This seems to be a hit or miss problem, but be aware if you're located under the galley.. It was only one night out of 7, so I think I'd still book a cove again.