Shopping; do I need to book an excursion?

INeedAWittyName

Hi, all! I'm going on my first cruise ever in November. I will be on the Caribbean Princess and in the Cayman Islands on November 11. Looking at the forums and excursion options I was thinking of keeping it low-key and would just like to meander around and do some shopping and buy some Tortuga rum cake, of course. Are there shopping locations located within walking distance and do I need to book a formal excursion if I just want to wander around?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Of course not!! Shopping is right across from the tender dock..easily walkable!

You NEVER, EVER need to book excursions....it's the ship's way of making big $$$...a tad of research will allow you to do almost anything you want ON YOUR OWN. Saves lots of money, and it's all about YOU!! A guidebook is the best thing you can purchase for your cruise.

Hi, all! I'm going on my first cruise ever in November. I will be on the Caribbean Princess and in the Cayman Islands on November 11. Looking at the forums and excursion options I was thinking of keeping it low-key and would just like to meander around and do some shopping and buy some Tortuga rum cake, of course. Are there shopping locations located within walking distance and do I need to book a formal excursion if I just want to wander around?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

the shopping is very close but make sure you bring lots of $$ its the most expensive port of call in the western carib. Nancy

When you get off at your tender dock, you'll be where you want to be for shopping! :D

And if you do feel like taking a tour there are lots of jitney drivers at the dock who will take you (and others) to the turtle farm, Hell, 9 mile beach, and back for a reasonable amount ($20-$25 pp).

Edited by Traveling Library