No Roll Call for Januay cruise?

Robyn2

Just wondering why there is no roll call for a cruise next January... 1503. It's only 5 months away!! As not booked, can't really start one but am interested to hear about plans from those who have booked. If I book, I'll be hoping to see more interest.

Just wondering why there is no roll call for a cruise next January... 1503. It's only 5 months away!! As not booked, can't really start one but am interested to hear about plans from those who have booked. If I book, I'll be hoping to see more interest.

It happens. Make sure you're looking through the roll call thoroughly as somebody may be calling it or labeling it differently than you might. Even if you're not booked you could still start a roll call and see if there is any interest. Funny thing about roll calls though, some are busy and heavy subscribed to and others not so much.

Could be that there's no-one from CC on your sailing.

I'm on the Wind this Oct 31st Athens - Dubai and, although I know there is a family who read CC on the cruise (we both posted on another thread), there is no roll call nor do I have any interest in starting one - it's so easy to meet other people anyway, I never feel the need for a M&G.

Mark_K: Start one. The worst that can happen is no one replies.

Appreciate this good post from our friend from wonderful Ireland. Early this week' date=' we got very focused on our options for this winter. PLUS, whether to keep our planned late March-early April Silver Whisper Mombasa/Kenya to Cape Town sailing in Africa. [b']Our decision?[/b] We finalized today. We are booked on Silver Cloud #1503 from Barbados, doing the Amazon and then finishing back in Barbados over 17 days. PLUS, we are also going to do Silver Cloud #1504 from Barbados, nine-days, seeing the Caribbean's ABC Dutch islands, other key island stops and finishing in San Juan, PR on Feb. 20. Decided that we are not ready to do Africa in 2015 due to the many current health issues there and safety questions, etc.

YES, I am planning to start a roll call for both 1503 and 1504 in the next day or two. For our Australia to New Zealand sailing early this year, I started a roll call 21 months prior to our sailing and we had over 70,000 views and more than 4,000 posts on this roll call. Much, much above average, even with that larger cruise line sailings. It was the Celebrity Solstice for that 14-day sailing. My experience from our Norway coast, July 2010, cruise on the Silver Cloud is that Silversea is a little more "international" and does not gain as wide and big of an audience on Cruise Critic compared to what happens with some other cruise lines and sailings.

On Aug. 25, on another posting, after seeing your husband's photography interests, I followed-up with this posting: "Hope you folks from Ireland join us to do this Amazon adventure. I am also very much into photography and have done several fairly popular live/blogs with lots of visuals from our travels. We super loved Ireland from our 2000 visit there, seeing most of the west coast areas, SW region, up to Dublin, etc. What part of Ireland are you from? The Irish are so much fun!! And on the Silver Cloud, we can try to drink the ship dry."

Get booked! This ship is starting to get full. Should be a great, interesting trip. If you have not sailed on the Silver Cloud, check out my posting below. Lots and lots of pictures from a beautiful part of the world.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 155,480 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

For Robyn2 and any others interested, I have posted a roll call. It is at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094242

As we are planning for this combination Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days, please share!! Don't be shy! I encourage any with past experiences in these areas to let us know your favorites, secrets, lessons learned, tips and ideas, etc. Just picked up from the library a number of books for the Caribbean and have others for Brazil/Amazon on reserved to get shortly. Fun doing that future research!!

Silversea Roll Call Challenges?: Not sure that the Cruise Critic "system" works and/or connects that well. Clicking on the roll call search device at the top of this SS thread does not now connect directly to there. Somebody with CC might need to do some fine-tuning to make things work better. Personally for a smaller ship line such as Silversea, I am doubtful that moving these roll calls off of the main board was the best decision to aid access and awareness. But Silversea has many ships and trips. I can see both sides on that pro/con debate.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,979 views for this fun posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Cloud.Meet and mingle experience was as follows.Signed up months in advance,required numbers achieved,email from SS confirmed this.On board invitation to meeting arrived in our suite.Duly turned up at the venue for the meeting 5 minutes prior to the time stated.The venue was closed for a private party and no alternative was offered.Staff not aware of any alternative venue.12 people were signed up who unfortunately never got to meet and mingle.Did not spoil an excellent cruise on the Cloud but won't be bothering with M & M any more.