NCL Kids Sail Free is back!

Showtune

Kids sail free is back on NCL for bookings made July 1-5. It applies for the 3rd-8th passangers in a stateroom, not just kids. Not available on all cruises (such as holiday weeks) but some good deals to be had. If you've already booked and are still outside of final payment, it's worth taking a look to see if you can save or upgrade to a better category for a small amount.

Wish I could take advantage, but my cruise is Thanksgiving week, so no go!

Edited by Showtune

• 6 months later...
Do they normally include the short cruises? Heard it'll be back soon and we are looking at a short cruise as it'll be the kids first so we want to see how they do first.

I am curious what ages were included....

Edited by BLAMBKY

I am curious what ages were included....

It's not necessarily just kids.... It's for any 3rd through 8th passenger in a cabin. So the free passengers can be adults as well. I heard it's suppose to start Feb. 1, 2015.

Oh it's ok, my reply was to the what ages question. I don't know if short cruises are included. I want to take my daughter (9yo) on a cruise but I don't want to take a long cruise for her first one either.

It's not necessarily just kids.... It's for any 3rd through 8th passenger in a cabin. So the free passengers can be adults as well. I heard it's suppose to start Feb. 1, 2015.

This helped, thanks! I never know when I see "kids" what ages are included. Mine will be 19 & 16 but I still consider them kids; Disney does not.

I really don't want to pay for flights so we'll have to go out of closer ports, I'm in PA.

Both the Gem and Breakaway sail out of NYC, but besides the 1 or 2 night cruise to nowhere, 7 night is the shortest, I believe (and CTN are huge parties!). Our first family cruise was a 3 nightwear DCL, and it was way too short. 7 nights is now our minimum. Cruising is my kids' favorite vacation!

I really don't want to pay for flights so we'll have to go out of closer ports, I'm in PA.

We took our son on his first cruise in 2013, and were in same position - did not want to fly, did not want to commit to too long on a ship (in case he did not like it). We chose the 6 night to Bermuda on RCI Grandeur of the Seas. It was awesome, as you are docked for two nights in Bermuda, so no worries about rushing back to ship, great island with friendly people. I know that RCI also offers 5 night cruises to Bermuda from Bayonne - although next summer these are on Liberty, and a tad bit overpriced IMO. Either of these would be better that 2 night CTN.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both the Gem and Breakaway sail out of NYC, but besides the 1 or 2 night cruise to nowhere, 7 night is the shortest, I believe (and CTN are huge parties!). Our first family cruise was a 3 nightwear DCL, and it was way too short. 7 nights is now our minimum. Cruising is my kids' favorite vacation!

Yeah I think 3 days would be way too short. I'm ok with anything 5-7 days but it'll probably be 7 if out of NYC.

We took our son on his first cruise in 2013, and were in same position - did not want to fly, did not want to commit to too long on a ship (in case he did not like it). We chose the 6 night to Bermuda on RCI Grandeur of the Seas. It was awesome, as you are docked for two nights in Bermuda, so no worries about rushing back to ship, great island with friendly people. I know that RCI also offers 5 night cruises to Bermuda from Bayonne - although next summer these are on Liberty, and a tad bit overpriced IMO. Either of these would be better that 2 night CTN.

I seen a few for Bermuda but I wasn't sure if that would be as fun for a child. I would love the overnight stay though.

I seen a few for Bermuda but I wasn't sure if that would be as fun for a child. I would love the overnight stay though.

Hmmm... Bahamas has Atlantis and its water parks, but our son was too young for those, so we did not need much to entertain him...lol. Bermuda has a zoo and aquarium and some beautiful beaches. My wife liked the shopping too. If you take RCI Liberty (5 day to Bermuda) or NCL Breakaway (also does 7 day to Bermuda), you will have tons of things to do on board for kids.

They have beautiful beaches (I gave birth to mermaids lol) and things to do. If she's board the kids club thing (if any think of the name) does port days too.

Hmmm... Bahamas has Atlantis and its water parks, but our son was too young for those, so we did not need much to entertain him...lol. Bermuda has a zoo and aquarium and some beautiful beaches. My wife liked the shopping too. If you take RCI Liberty (5 day to Bermuda) or NCL Breakaway (also does 7 day to Bermuda), you will have tons of things to do on board for kids.

Thanks for the information. I'm definitely going to consider those options.

Good luck. The one piece I can add is this. Your first cruise will be magical no matter which ship you take. We went on one of the older, smaller ships with relatively few bells and whistles, and it was one of our best vacations. And, after you book, read up as much as possible about your ship, so you know everything there is to do/see on board...lol