Mr Sanchos, Chankanaab, Nachi, Paradise Beach ?????

sapphiregem

We are looking to walk the beaches and was wondering if we could walk from bar to bar starting at Paradise Beach. Does the layout of the beach and the facilities allow for this?

Are there other bars along the way other than Paradise Beach, Sanchos and Nachi?

How far do you think it is from PB to Nachi?

Thanks

I don't know the full answer to your question, but we walked to the right from PB over to Carlos N Charlies when PB was absolutely packed. It was a short walk on the beach past one other place. Carlos N Charlies was practically empty, I have no idea what was going on with them at the time, but our food was great and we had excellent service. Their inflatable at the time was down and their beach is tiny compared to PB/very narrow. Music was loud as always, but not a deal-breaker. They have a volley ball area and kid's playground off to the side which was great for our then 8 yr olds. You could have the cab drop you there and then start down the beach and see where you end up!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions about Sancho's for those who have been there.

I have been once for the AI and I am wondering if they actually have separate sides for the non inclusive and the AI? :confused: I keep asking Mr S on facebook and other places for pics just of the non inclusive side but I get no feedback on that. I was trying to decide on if I should just go without buying the AI b/c I want to enjoy the awesome setup they have (swim up bar, big hammock beds, etc) there but I also want to do some of the excursions they offer so I wouldn't want to pay $50 plus all the other stuff.

If there is a non inclusive side I'd like to see pics if anyone has them.

One more question. How is the snorkeling through Mr. S? I snorkeled right off the beach and there was nothing to see. Do they take you to an area with lots of sea life?

Thanks.:)

Edited by bromero
To add a question.

I have been once for the AI and I am wondering if they actually have separate sides for the non inclusive and the AI? :confused: I keep asking Mr S on facebook and other places for pics just of the non inclusive side but I get no feedback on that. I was trying to decide on if I should just go without buying the AI b/c I want to enjoy the awesome setup they have (swim up bar, big hammock beds, etc) there but I also want to do some of the excursions they offer so I wouldn't want to pay $50 plus all the other stuff.

One more question. How is the snorkeling through Mr. S? I snorkeled right off the beach and there was nothing to see. Do they take you to an area with lots of sea life?

I cannot offer any photos but they do keep the AI and non-AI sides apart, to keep AI customers from "sharing" their free drinks with non-AI customers.

Hated Nachi I went there 1 year ago with my kids 9, 7 and 5. It was a chilly and windy day and the only place my children wanted to be was the jacuzzi. Now the sign said 18 and over and after asking the manager if it was Ok for my children to go in she said it was fine as long as I stayed with them, which a few obnoxious drunks kept yelling read the sign. I know you can't control other people but the staff could have informed them after the constant heckling. We were also promised beach toys for the kids but when we got there our waiter told us that we could buy some. It is also a very long cab ride to the beach. The drinks were very weak and bottom shelf booze. Don't normally complain but I was VERY disappointed in this excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the sides are separated and you have wrist bands to let them know what side you belong on.

If you read my review of Mr Sanchos (listed in my signature line), it has tons of pictures of both sides for you to compare.

I did snorkeling right off the beach and found things (no it's not a reef and not anything in comparison to Chankanaab or The Money Bar, but it was something to do while there). You will find all the snorkeling pictures in my review as well. :)

Hated Nachi I went there 1 year ago with my kids 9, 7 and 5. It was a chilly and windy day and the only place my children wanted to be was the jacuzzi. Now the sign said 18 and over and after asking the manager if it was Ok for my children to go in she said it was fine as long as I stayed with them, which a few obnoxious drunks kept yelling read the sign. I know you can't control other people but the staff could have informed them after the constant heckling. We were also promised beach toys for the kids but when we got there our waiter told us that we could buy some. It is also a very long cab ride to the beach. The drinks were very weak and bottom shelf booze. Don't normally complain but I was VERY disappointed in this excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just want to verify that Nachi is not the place for active young kids, but for adult drinkers wanting peace and quiet it's my favorite AI in Coz by far.

Just want to verify that Nachi is not the place for active young kids, but for adult drinkers wanting peace and quiet it's my favorite AI in Coz by far.

We reserved our place at Nachi Cocom for our March cruise. We are going there for two reasons:

1. We want to just relax on the beach without noise or interruption.

2. And they limit access to just 100 people per day. With 6 cruise ships in port that day, this sounded great to me :)

I have pics of the pay as you go side. We were there last October - 4 ladies on a girls trip. We loved it. Our bill was $90 at the end of the day and we spent the day ordering beer after beer for each of us and shared some nachos. It was beautiful there. The service was excellent. I'm going to try to figure out how to post a picture.

2869.jpg.f33194967bd2f0bf36bbaeab4dcc5c3c.jpg

2871.jpg.eaaa1d32d857aab6896c5070c65ec2e9.jpg

2905.jpg.8cf7cd9914397f926b0216ca41c8d15c.jpg

2924.jpg.ab6f6d710f4eb4d76c0046ab587b7677.jpg

2895.jpg.78eb60f2543f8fc4719a4849f0d50db5.jpg

We have just done a ton of research on Trip Advisor as well as on here for these four places. We have been to Chankanaab many times and PB twice. Mr. Sanchos is being renovated according to TA and Nachi is really geared for adults only and has limited activities. We have ages 9, 21, and 51 so we decided to go back to PB because we love the trees and pool there. Mr. Sanchos has some very interesting reviews on TA...read the terrible ones as well as the good ones to see what people are not happy about there. I'm sure it's a great place, but not if you are seeking a romantic Palapa and get seated next to a partying group of 8 using the AI.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going to Cozumel for the first time later this month.

I have already started a thread asking about a day pass to one of the resorts (before finding this one).

Questions: I noticed to acronyms spelled out - AI and PAYG. I usually translate AI to mean All Inclusive. Is that the meaning on this thread?

We are looking to spend the day relaxing at a resort setting with a beach, pool, someplace to get a drink and a meal, maybe changing room. Do we need to book an excursion? Do we have to buy the pass in advance or an we just show up at the resort?

Which one is the best one for Cozumel newbies?

thanks,

Debbi

Questions: I noticed to acronyms spelled out - AI and PAYG. I usually translate AI to mean All Inclusive. Is that the meaning on this thread?

We are looking to spend the day relaxing at a resort setting with a beach, pool, someplace to get a drink and a meal, maybe changing room. Do we need to book an excursion? Do we have to buy the pass in advance or an we just show up at the resort?

thanks,

Debbi

AI=All inclusive

PAYG-Pay as you go

There are tons of beaches that qualify for what you are looking for. Some you can purchase ahead of time and others that are PAYG don't need a reservation ahead of time.

thanks,

Debbi

Cruising with younger kids? Cruising with teens? Cruising with older parents? Want a quiet romantic/relaxing beach day? Want music and a party atmosphere? :confused:

There are many beach clubs in Coz, most lined up along the same side of the island, so the quality of the water/sand will not be that different - mostly you need to focus on size, amenities and atmosphere. Read the reviews for Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, and others on this board and then see which one fits your needs/desires.

Mitsugirly has reviews of several linked on her posts, including great photos -- they should help you to decide.

Cruising with younger kids? Cruising with teens? Cruising with older parents? Want a quiet romantic/relaxing beach day? Want music and a party atmosphere? :confused: Just us - early 60s. lookig for quiet relaxing beach day.

There are many beach clubs in Coz, most lined up along the same side of the island, so the quality of the water/sand will not be that different - mostly you need to focus on size, amenities and atmosphere. Read the reviews for Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom, and others on this board and then see which one fits your needs/desires.

Mitsugirly has reviews of several linked on her posts, including great photos -- they should help you to decide.

thanks

For anyone who has been to Mr. Sanchos or the others, have you seen areas where you can be in the shade?

I can only be in the sun for a short time. Looking at Mr. Sanchos's pictures, all lounges are lined up along the beach and no shade to be seen!

It sounds crazy to go to a beach club to stay in the shade, but that is what we need to do.

Thanks for any information!

For anyone who has been to Mr. Sanchos or the others, have you seen areas where you can be in the shade?

I can only be in the sun for a short time. Looking at Mr. Sanchos's pictures, all lounges are lined up along the beach and no shade to be seen!

It sounds crazy to go to a beach club to stay in the shade, but that is what we need to do.

Thanks for any information!

Most of the shade places you'll find at Mr Sanchos is under the palapas where the table and chairs are. I did see people pick a table area and pull one of the loungers up under it. There's also shady areas under some trees that you could pull a lounger up to and then there's the huge dining area with tons of seats too.

I believe I read somewhere once that you can rent an umbrella for your lounger by the ocean??? I didn't see anyone doing that when I was there, but I remember someone mentioning it on another thread awhile back.

There are a few palm trees along the loungers by the water, but of course it would depend on the time of day whether or not you are in the shade or sun.

PC200265-L.jpg

PC200271-L.jpg

PC200421-L.jpg