Where are the adjoining balcony staterooms on Royal Princess?

edp-70

We are in the process of booking our Christmas 2015 cruise on Royal, and we always get 2 adjoining rooms, balcony, mid-ship. This is our first Princess cruise, so I was looking at deck plans for the Marina, Riviera and Aloha decks, and I don't see any markings that indicate adjoining staterooms.

I read somewhere that Royal only has 25 pairs (50 total) of adjoining staterooms. Are any of them mid-ship, balcony staterooms?

Thanks,

Elana.

We are in the process of booking our Christmas 2015 cruise on Royal, and we always get 2 adjoining rooms, balcony, mid-ship. This is our first Princess cruise, so I was looking at deck plans for the Marina, Riviera and Aloha decks, and I don't see any markings that indicate adjoining staterooms.

I read somewhere that Royal only has 25 pairs (50 total) of adjoining staterooms. Are any of them mid-ship, balcony staterooms?

Thanks,

Elana.

If you have a Cruise Atlas, the deckplans there show the doors between connecting cabins. It appears that the adjoining cabins are only on Aloha, Baja, Caribe and Dolphin decks. As for midship ones, there are some mini's on Baja that look like they are midship as you can get... B324-B326 and B325-B327. C509-C511 deluxe balconies are also fairly midship. The adjoining balconies appear to be either forward, mid-forward or aft.

If you have a Cruise Atlas, the deckplans there show the doors between connecting cabins. It appears that the adjoining cabins are only on Aloha, Baja, Caribe and Dolphin decks. As for midship ones, there are some mini's on Baja that look like they are midship as you can get... B324-B326 and B325-B327. C509-C511 deluxe balconies are also fairly midship. The adjoining balconies appear to be either forward, mid-forward or aft.

Thank you so much, Rick! I had never heard of a Cruise Atlas, but I found it online. It is perfect and shows me the adjoining staterooms rooms very clearly. Thanks!!

if you need any more help drop a line on this thread. We sailed on the Royal right after she came out, and DD and family had connecting inside cabins. I made a list of them but if the Atlas shows it, go with it!

LOL Sunset, I have just made a complete list of all of the adjoining cabins to hand to DH when he comes home. Dealing with the travel agent and booking the cruise are his jobs. I have the jobs of flights, hotel, rental cars :)

Edited by edp-70

Thank you so much, Rick! I had never heard of a Cruise Atlas, but I found it online. It is perfect and shows me the adjoining staterooms rooms very clearly. Thanks!!

Glad to be of help. And do realize that even if you don't have connecting cabins with an interior door, the balcony doors on most of cabins can be opened to create adjoining balconies.

What you are asking for is connecting cabins, those that have a door that opens between the cabins. Adjoining cabins are side by side, but do not have a door between connecting them. We figure out what you want, but if your husband or TA asks the Princess rep for adjoining cabins, he/she may not realize that you want cabins that connect with an interior door. So, to avoid disappointment, ask for connecting cabins. EM

So most balconies partitions slide open to become adjoining if desired. So which ones do not open? And how do you go about getting them opened/unlocked.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

So most balconies partitions slide open to become adjoining if desired. So which ones do not open? And how do you go about getting them opened/unlocked.

Most open but random ones don't, have not seen a list of which ones don't.

Within the partition is a small door about 30 inches wide that swings open and locks in place.

Ask Stewart to open it for you, he has a special key. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The ones at the firewall, noted by interior hallway doors on the deck map do not connect on the balconies. There will also be a jump in the cabin numbering at this break, e.g. The 500's change to 600's. If you're in the same hundred group and adjacent there shouldn't be a problem (not all hundred breaks are at firewalls though).

Ask your room steward to open it.

Edited by MarkSeattle

What you are asking for is connecting cabins, those that have a door that opens between the cabins. Adjoining cabins are side by side, but do not have a door between connecting them. We figure out what you want, but if your husband or TA asks the Princess rep for adjoining cabins, he/she may not realize that you want cabins that connect with an interior door. So, to avoid disappointment, ask for connecting cabins. EM

Okay, Essie, that's good to know. On other cruise lines we have sailed with, connecting cabins are adjoining, and side by side cabins are adjacent. Maybe it's a Canadian thing

• Like 1

Most open but random ones don't, have not seen a list of which ones don't.

Within the partition is a small door about 30 inches wide that swings open and locks in place.

Ask Stewart to open it for you, he has a special key. ;)

We sailed the Norwegian Pearl this past Christmas/New Year. The first thing we did was ask our stateroom attendant to unlock the balcony door between us, and he said that they don't do this for safety reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. So the partition swings out of place rather than slides? Can you close it yourself each night.

They lock it into place. You can not open and close it.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile ap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app