Losing my mind with changing cruises

This is the THIRD time I have to change my cruise I hope I'm doing the right thing.

My sister and her DH and her two boys want to go on a cruise with us thanksgiving week. I had booked the sky in an owners suite for DH and myself but my sister really can't afford to fly to Miami from NJ and pay for the cruise and asked if I would consider changing to the breakaway out of ny. I get a comp for an oceanview on the breakaway but would upgrade to a balcony. The extra interior cabin for my sister and family is 10% discount. I can't afford the haven on thanksgiving week on the breakaway so downgrading myself actually to a balcony. I'm trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to price 4 in my balcony (but actually have the kids sleep with my sister and and DH or just book the 4 of them in the interior. I'm so stressed out I'm ready to pull the hair out of my head and I'm driving my PCC crazy I'm sure. I just needed to actually put this out in black and white to figure it all out so thanks for listening and any insight on what you would do is welcome

Few suggestions:

1 - Go online and go through the booking on your own. Write down the prices, with all taxes. Compare the options on your own. NOBODY can really compare all this stuff while talking with an agent on the phone. Too confusing.

Write all the possible combinations down on a sheet of paper, or spreadsheet.

2 - Avoid booking a suite/haven unless everyone can do it. Suite perks are only for those in a suite.

This is the THIRD time I have to change my cruise I hope I'm doing the right thing.

My sister and her DH and her two boys want to go on a cruise with us thanksgiving week. I had booked the sky in an owners suite for DH and myself but my sister really can't afford to fly to Miami from NJ and pay for the cruise and asked if I would consider changing to the breakaway out of ny. I get a comp for an oceanview on the breakaway but would upgrade to a balcony. The extra interior cabin for my sister and family is 10% discount. I can't afford the haven on thanksgiving week on the breakaway so downgrading myself actually to a balcony. I'm trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to price 4 in my balcony (but actually have the kids sleep with my sister and and DH or just book the 4 of them in the interior. I'm so stressed out I'm ready to pull the hair out of my head and I'm driving my PCC crazy I'm sure. I just needed to actually put this out in black and white to figure it all out so thanks for listening and any insight on what you would do is welcome

I had to read you post three times to try to respond.

I suggest, next time you post, try to break up your paragraphs a bit as well as focus on your question.

It appears that you are asking if you should book the kids in your room (balcony) vs. the interior with your sister.

You need to do two dry runs on line with the NCL website, like you are booking (just don't actually book). Do it both ways and it will tell you the cost for both cabins.

Not sure, but It appears from your post that you will be in the balcony with a spouse?

Either way you are talking about four to a cabin, just which cabin. On some NCL ships, the interior cabins are smaller than balconies.

I am guessing it won't make much of a difference at all. The 3rd and 4th passenger rates are the same regardless of cabin. The only way it would make any difference is if CAS is giving you more of a discount on the 3rd and 4th than the 10% you are getting on the 2nd cabin.

Ok I figured it out. It was $300 more to book my sister and her family in an inside cabin and me and DH in a balcony but I decided that it was worth the $300 to not have to explain to the room steward the sleeping arrangements would be different than the actual booking. I got a great deal $1,039 for thanksgiving cruise for 7 nights on the breakaway for a balcony.

My sisters inside for 4 is $3,075. Me being a wonderful sister told her I would pay $1,000 towards her cabin for them (she doesn't have much money) and them being with us on the cruise will just be a lot of fun.

I was also able to snag a bump out balcony 8138 for extra balcony space thanks to the spreadsheet some wonderful CC member made.

Ok I figured it out. It was $300 more to book my sister and her family in an inside cabin and me and DH in a balcony but I decided that it was worth the $300 to not have to explain to the room steward the sleeping arrangements would be different than the actual booking. I got a great deal $1,039 for thanksgiving cruise for 7 nights on the breakaway for a balcony.

My sisters inside for 4 is $3,075. Me being a wonderful sister told her I would pay $1,000 towards her cabin for them (she doesn't have much money) and them being with us on the cruise will just be a lot of fun.

I was also able to snag a bump out balcony 8138 for extra balcony space thanks to the spreadsheet some wonderful CC member made.

So you got the DH to go for the 7 day without trialing the 4 day? Did you use your usual tricks on him to agree to the 7 day on BA?

So you got the DH to go for the 7 day without trialing the 4 day? Did you use your usual tricks on him to agree to the 7 day on BA?

Lol no it was really weird. This morning when my sister said they wanted to go on the Cruise with us (the sky from Miami) but wanted us to drive with them because she can't afford air for the 4 of them HE suggested we look at the Breakaway out of NY so no flying would be necessary lol. Go figure.

Lol no it was really weird. This morning when my sister said they wanted to go on the Cruise with us (the sky from Miami) but wanted us to drive with them because she can't afford air for the 4 of them HE suggested we look at the Breakaway out of NY so no flying would be necessary lol. Go figure.

Your DH is a very smart man..."happy wife, happy life" :p

Enjoy your cruise.

Ok I figured it out. It was $300 more to book my sister and her family in an inside cabin and me and DH in a balcony but I decided that it was worth the $300 to not have to explain to the room steward the sleeping arrangements would be different than the actual booking. ...

Do not agree with this at all. If you can save $300, then do it!

It will take about 3 minutes to explain sleeping arrangements to steward. Common as folks move family around. How many people do you know that earn that much!!??

Do not agree with this at all. If you can save $300, then do it!

It will take about 3 minutes to explain sleeping arrangements to steward. Common as folks move family around. How many people do you know that earn that much!!??

I just felt it was easier this way and I don't want the kids to think oh nice we get a balcony lol. That balcony is all mine!!!

Prices went down and was able to book my sister a BX for the same price as the inside she had.

Big assumption, but though I would ask... you booked this cabin NEAR your cabin, right?

I just felt it was easier this way and I don't want the kids to think oh nice we get a balcony lol. That balcony is all mine!!!

I realize you have this sorted but curious...is this correct...you were going to book 4 in a balcony and 2 in an inside, then upon arrival on the ship you were going to rearrange so you have 2 in the balcony and 4 in the inside?

In that case the inside would need to be a 4-berth with only 2 people booked in it. Doesn't NCL have the right to change it up to a 2-berth if they had a family of 4 wanting to book an inside? :confused:

I realize you have this sorted but curious...is this correct...you were going to book 4 in a balcony and 2 in an inside, then upon arrival on the ship you were going to rearrange so you have 2 in the balcony and 4 in the inside?

In that case the inside would need to be a 4-berth with only 2 people booked in it. Doesn't NCL have the right to change it up to a 2-berth if they had a family of 4 wanting to book an inside? :confused:

We'll I did end up booking it the correct way. Originally had me and my DH in a balcony and my sister and her family of 4 in an inside. I go through CAS so was trying to figure out the cheapest way to get the two cabins but in the end decided to do it as me and DH in balcony and sister and family in inside BUT this morning prices went down for a BX category so moved the 4 of them to a balcony as we'll now we have the best of both worlds with 2 balcony cabins and I get to have peace and quiet in my own cabin without them having to come and hang out on my balcony.

I though it was best to do it this way because I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of switching people around. Now no worries. I know I confused people I confused myself lol