Insurance - Tripinsurancestore?

beshears

There are 8 of us cruising. I'm sure we should take out insurance, and I have used Travel Guard before, but I have heard going through Tripinsurancestore is good too.

If you have ever used Tripinsurancestore, would you give me your pros/cons on this?

Never heard of that one and we used to use Travel Guard also, but usually got it through insuremytrip, so we could compare a few. But now we use Nationwide because they have cruise specific insurance and the cost is about the same as Travel Guard.

There are 8 of us cruising. I'm sure we should take out insurance, and I have used Travel Guard before, but I have heard going through Tripinsurancestore is good too.

If you have ever used Tripinsurancestore, would you give me your pros/cons on this?

Fantastic service from TripInsuranceStore!

We've purchased several policies from them, with two claims, including our very first policy, when DH had a medical emergency less than two weeks before departure (on our first "big" trip + $$$).

Steve recommended Travel Insured for our specific needs/concerns (he offers several different insurers, most with more than one type of policy).

That claim was paid promptly, with no nonsense.

About 4 policies later, we had another claim.

We actually didn't think the situation would be covered, so we emailed Steve, who contacted Travel Insured for us. He then wrote back about "how" we should file the claim (which part of the coverage to invoke), and that claim was also paid.

We also used a policy from CSA once, when we missed the deadline with Travel Insured for the waiver of pre-existing condition exclusion, but we had no claim.

They are "there" for any questions/help at any point.

We asked a LOT of questions initially, and they were all amazingly patient.

We always book with Steve and his company,tripinsurance. They are very knowledgeable, answer your questions and work with you to get the best coverage for your own particular situation. They will also be there for you if you need to contact them while you are away and will help if you need to file a claim.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you ALL for your responses, and it sounds like Steve with Tripinsurancestore is the way to go. :)

Thank you all from here, too! We're in Washington State with very strict insurance regulations, which adds to the angst in buying travel ins. Being seniors adds so much to the cost, I spend a lot of time checking out all available options. My 97-year-old Dad is going on a cruise with us next year, but luckily, he lives in Arizona with less stringent regulations.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com is outstanding. I have used them for two groups with about 30+ people. The staff are knowledgeable and extremely patient. Steve may be the most knowledgeable agent I have ever spoken to on this subject. (I have no association with him or the company!)

I recommend this company without any hesitation.

Wow, great thread! We normally get our insurance through AAA which uses Allianz but after some research here I decided to price shop and I just got done having a 2 hour chat with Deanna and she sent me some quotes, very nice to deal with and very patient. Now to just figure out the best quote to use, I think I will use this company from here on out. I gave the gal the quote from AAA's Ins and it was higher. I need to call and talk to a live person to help me decide, so much to read through and compare. :eek: I want to make the right choice in Ins. I still have time to get pre-exist for March cruise but not sure about Sept cruise since deposit was made in May?

Wow, great thread! We normally get our insurance through AAA which uses Allianz but after some research here I decided to price shop and I just got done having a 2 hour chat with Deanna and she sent me some quotes, very nice to deal with and very patient. Now to just figure out the best quote to use, I think I will use this company from here on out. I gave the gal the quote from AAA's Ins and it was higher. I need to call and talk to a live person to help me decide, so much to read through and compare. :eek: I want to make the right choice in Ins. I still have time to get pre-exist for March cruise but not sure about Sept cruise since deposit was made in May?

Ask all of these questions, such as "still time to get pre-exist..." with someone at Trip Insurance Store.

We know of one policy that would work, and we had to use it once instead of the Travel Insured policies we usually get from them. We made a deposit, and then decided we probably wouldn't actually take that cruise. But we never cancelled.And we hadn't started any travel insurance, either. About a year later, we decided we DID want to take that cruise after all, and we had been holding a great location on the ship.

So Steve recommended CSA insurance.

That can be purchased as late as within 24 hours of final payment (defined very specifically!).

The main problem would be for someone wanting CFAR coverage, as that would be much more expensive purchased late from CSA vs. purchased within 21 days of initial payment from Travel Insured.

But Steve et al., would be the best to ask.

And we ALWAYS recommend dealing with them by phone, so they can make other suggestions or ask questions to clarify one's needs, which isn't possible when selecting coverage online.

Ask all of these questions, such as "still time to get pre-exist..." with someone at Trip Insurance Store.

We know of one policy that would work, and we had to use it once instead of the Travel Insured policies we usually get from them. We made a deposit, and then decided we probably wouldn't actually take that cruise. But we never cancelled.And we hadn't started any travel insurance, either. About a year later, we decided we DID want to take that cruise after all, and we had been holding a great location on the ship.

So Steve recommended CSA insurance.

That can be purchased as late as within 24 hours of final payment (defined very specifically!).

The main problem would be for someone wanting CFAR coverage, as that would be much more expensive purchased late from CSA vs. purchased within 21 days of initial payment from Travel Insured.

But Steve et al., would be the best to ask.

And we ALWAYS recommend dealing with them by phone, so they can make other suggestions or ask questions to clarify one's needs, which isn't possible when selecting coverage online.

CSA Freestyle is one quote they gave for our Sept cruise since we missed the timeframe after our deposit was made and then they sent a quote for the Global Alert Preferred and Plus quotes for our March trip, still reading through everything but will have to call to understand everything. good to know they are highly recommended!

CSA Freestyle is one quote they gave for our Sept cruise since we missed the timeframe after our deposit was made and then they sent a quote for the Global Alert Preferred and Plus quotes for our March trip, still reading through everything but will have to call to understand everything. good to know they are highly recommended!

One of the things we especially appreciated was all of their patience answering questions when we were just starting out with travel insurance.

We had questions galore, and no doubt asked the same questions a few times. There was so much to learn and absorb, and it could all make a huge difference.

And sure enough, we had a reasonably large claim for the *first* trip that we insured with them. So it was a very good thing that we got it "right".

Do also at least consider MedJetAssist.

We have their annual policy, which thus covers us for assorted business trips and trips to friends/family.

This coverage kicks in only after one is admitted to a hospital as an inpatient, at least 150 miles from home.

At that point, YOU can request to be medevac'd to the hospital of YOUR choice, without being dependent upon beancounters or needing for the local medical staff to be willing to declare themselves not able to provide suitable care.

One of the things we especially appreciated was all of their patience answering questions when we were just starting out with travel insurance.

We had questions galore, and no doubt asked the same questions a few times. There was so much to learn and absorb, and it could all make a huge difference.

And sure enough, we had a reasonably large claim for the *first* trip that we insured with them. So it was a very good thing that we got it "right".

Do also at least consider MedJetAssist.

We have their annual policy, which thus covers us for assorted business trips and trips to friends/family.

This coverage kicks in only after one is admitted to a hospital as an inpatient, at least 150 miles from home.

At that point, YOU can request to be medevac'd to the hospital of YOUR choice, without being dependent upon beancounters or needing for the local medical staff to be willing to declare themselves not able to provide suitable care.

Is the MedJetAssist expensive and also used stateside? Thanks

Is the MedJetAssist expensive and also used stateside? Thanks

Not expensive on an annual basis, and if done that way, yes - IF 150 miles from home. So we know we've got it for any busines/regular travel anywhere (at least 150 miles from home, of course), and not just for major trips.

Now, we are a bit older, so more likely to have things go "wrong".

But accidents can happen anytime to anyone, or just weird medical things...

We don't want to end up at some second or third rate hospital if there is something critical, and that's in this country or overseas.

Ask them for details and costs, so you can consider it.