Confussed About Anemenities on the Breakaway

Monroe15

I am well looking like I am going to book on the Breakaway in a Haven Penthouse Aft Balcony room # 14272, I am looking toward the boards for more clarification from the readers then my own travel agent (not trusting him to much) He said I have a package that all gratuities are included, we can go to any of the specialty restaurants and not pay extra, and all alcohol is included. As I am reading some of the posts it is sounding different then what he has told me. Is there only certain drinks and up to a certain cost? As anyone received this package and is it right? I am afraid I am going to find out it's not all he is saying or there are hidden exceptions and if I cancel I lose my $1,500 deposit. Help!!

I am well looking like I am going to book on the Breakaway in a Haven Penthouse Aft Balcony room # 14272, I am looking toward the boards for more clarification from the readers then my own travel agent (not trusting him to much) He said I have a package that all gratuities are included, we can go to any of the specialty restaurants and not pay extra, and all alcohol is included. As I am reading some of the posts it is sounding different then what he has told me. Is there only certain drinks and up to a certain cost? As anyone received this package and is it right? I am afraid I am going to find out it's not all he is saying or there are hidden exceptions and if I cancel I lose my $1,500 deposit. Help!!

THE ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE TERMS & CONDITIONS

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $11 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

A sticker will be placed on your guest key card to identify that you have purchased this package.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $11 will receive an $11 discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.

A 18% gratuity will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

Yes, as a suite passenger you received the following...

1.) All of your daily service charge fees (gratuities)

2.) UDP package - dining in all the specialty restaurants (except for Ocean Blue and Sushi a la carte - but you get a discount there)

3.) UBP package - all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages $11 and under excluding specialty coffees and bottled water

It's a great package :)

Edited by cliffd64

• 2 weeks later...

We are staying in this exact room on the May 24th cruise...Will post when we get back...

THE ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE TERMS & CONDITIONS

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $11 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

A sticker will be placed on your guest key card to identify that you have purchased this package.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $11 will receive an $11 discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.

A 18% gratuity will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

I am surprised that bottled water is not included. Anyone ever had success in getting bottled water?

I am on the sister ship, Getaway, right now. It's an awesome ship and I think you would be crazy to cancel your trip and lose your deposit because you package already includes so much.

There are some extra costs, though:

Gratuities: for suite passengers, tips for the butler and concierge are not included in the prepaid gratuities and frankly, as someone who stays in suites a lot, I usually tip my stateroom attendant over and above the prepaid gratuities as well if they deserve it as much as $50 extra. So you would need about $200 US more for tipping these folks.

Not included dining: Ocean Blue, sushi and Raw Bar all cost extra but you don't have to eat at any of these, and believe me, in only 1 week, you can't eat at every restaurant on the ship, so you won't really miss these extra venues. All the other specialty restaurants are included. Make reservations online BEFORE you board in order to get the times you like. Carlo's Bakery, is, of course, extra.

Beverages: All alcohol up to $11 per glass is included, as well as soda and juice. Wine by the bottle is not included but you can buy it by the glass included in your package.

Bottom line: You are getting a great deal.

Sailed the Breakaway last week and had the same package you will have. We never paid anything extra for dining, drinks or gratuities. In fact the only charge at the end of the week on our bill was for our two future cruise certificates. Its actually nice getting an invoice at the end of the week that is only one page, instead of 5 or more :D

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all of this great info. I'm going July 5 on the Breakaway. I got the Beverage package but it doesnt include bottled water! are you allowed to bring a case of water on the ship when you board?

You sure can!

Thanks for all of this great info. I'm going July 5 on the Breakaway. I got the Beverage package but it doesnt include bottled water! are you allowed to bring a case of water on the ship when you board?

Yes, but why bother? The ship makes its own water and it tastes great.