Children at cirque show

Scm114

Of course, but consider if your child can get through the show as it is difficult to leave as many performers are making quick entrances and exits from various parts of the theater. The sound is loud and there are lots of blackouts and scene changes and action going on. There are usually some bizarre costumes that might be frightening to young children. Think about if this would be OK for your child or not. You might also ask to be seated near the exit in case your child becomes frightened and you have to make a quick exit.

Of course, but consider if your child can get through the show as it is difficult to leave as many performers are making quick entrances and exits from various parts of the theater. The sound is loud and there are lots of blackouts and scene changes and action going on. There are usually some bizarre costumes that might be frightening to young children. Think about if this would be OK for your child or not. You might also ask to be seated near the exit in case your child becomes frightened and you have to make a quick exit.

THIS. Think about whether your kid will make it through the show because moving around once it begins is hard. You cannot simply take a fussy toddler out to regroup, and it's not fair to others - including the performers - to keep a screaming child in the room.

One thing that tends to come up a little late in these threads is that there is not just one Cirque show on NCL. Some are more adult than others, depending on the ship. But it's certainly moot for a child that young.

We also attended the Cirque show on Epic with our 11 year old son. There were plenty of kids there. I was not the slightest bit concerned. Skimpy outfits? Half the women on the pool deck wear less. Big deal.

This is a quick video from before the Cirque show started. We were right in front of the stage with our 7 year old daughter. The staff/performers went out of their way to make sure she was happy, they blew her kisses, pinched her cheeks, tickled her with feathers, etc. She LOVED it, but it was very loud, almost painfully so at times. I don't know how it would be for a child under 4 or 5. Definitely think about the ear protectors if you do take the baby.

th_20141005_201605_zpslsrqp0ls.mp4

It's common knowledge that those shows are not geared towards children. At the show I went to one mother brought her son and had her hands over his eyes the entire time almost

Boy...I'm trying to think of something..anything that would be even remotely sexual or provocative about the Cirque show, and I can't thing of anything. You sure you've got the right show?

Actually, I think the show would be quite interesting for children.

• 2 months later...

We just got back from our cruise last week and went to Cirque with our 1 year old. I admit I was worried how she'd be or how to make a quit exit if she fussed, but I worried over nothing. Granted every child is different, but our daughter LOVED the show. She sat in her high chair (we were up top) and leaned down to rest her head on the table to look underneath at the show the ENTIRE time. She clapped along with everyone else and only looked up to grab some food then went right back to looking at the show. The only thing I'd say was even remotely sexual was the guy in the tub toward the end.

We just got back from our cruise last week and went to Cirque with our 1 year old. I admit I was worried how she'd be or how to make a quit exit if she fussed, but I worried over nothing. Granted every child is different, but our daughter LOVED the show. She sat in her high chair (we were up top) and leaned down to rest her head on the table to look underneath at the show the ENTIRE time. She clapped along with everyone else and only looked up to grab some food then went right back to looking at the show. The only thing I'd say was even remotely sexual was the guy in the tub toward the end.

Which ship were you on?

We were on the Epic 8/12-8/19

Well idk, I was on the end of March of 2014 and they had the women wearing barely anything, even another poster on here mentioned that the Epic show is a lot more sexual, I'm not complaining it was fun just not for kids. Expecially the opening trick where the girl wearing barely anything sat on the edge of a big wine glass and bent backwards with her legs wide open and it only got more wild from there.

It really is a decision that should be made by parents- some people aren't that concerned with their children seeing the human body- others have issues with it.

My only concern would be if the children are rowdy they should be removed from the theatre. The subject matter of the show should be up to the parents. We saw the show and the show was fine- not "r" rated IMO.

THIS. Think about whether your kid will make it through the show because moving around once it begins is hard. You cannot simply take a fussy toddler out to regroup, and it's not fair to others - including the performers - to keep a screaming child in the room.

It's not fair to others. Screaming child hard to leave. All of this is selfish and wrong. It is easy to leave I did it without kids . I saw all the kids enjoying these shows. This is not a private cruise for the elderly. I enjoy seeing kids have fun . Some folks want to keep kids locked up not experiencing the finer things I life. What a pitty

It really is a decision that should be made by parents- some people aren't that concerned with their children seeing the human body- others have issues with it.

My only concern would be if the children are rowdy they should be removed from the theatre. The subject matter of the show should be up to the parents. We saw the show and the show was fine- not "r" rated IMO.

Heck, when my kids were one, everyone in the act could've been stark naked, and it wouldn't bother me that they saw it! NOTHING is sexual to a toddler.

It's not fair to others. Screaming child hard to leave. All of this is selfish and wrong. It is easy to leave I did it without kids . I saw all the kids enjoying these shows. This is not a private cruise for the elderly. I enjoy seeing kids have fun . Some folks want to keep kids locked up not experiencing the finer things I life. What a pitty

You aren't making sense. Nobody is saying keep the kids locked up. The point was, make an educated and realistic decision about your child because it is difficult, distracting and potentially dangerous to leave once the show begins. I'm glad that you personally did not have difficulty but that doesn't mean it is easy, especially depending on seats. Lots of people think they will give it a try and just remove a child who causes problems. In a restaurant or even a regular theater show that might be just fine. At the cirque show it is not the best approach.

You aren't making sense. Nobody is saying keep the kids locked up. The point was, make an educated and realistic decision about your child because it is difficult, distracting and potentially dangerous to leave once the show begins. I'm glad that you personally did not have difficulty but that doesn't mean it is easy, especially depending on seats. Lots of people think they will give it a try and just remove a child who causes problems. In a restaurant or even a regular theater show that might be just fine. At the cirque show it is not the best approach.

If I did not make Sence why did you get my point. There are a lot of folks on cc that complain constantly about kids and it's all exaggerated. Just like your point of view exaggerated. If it was so dangerous it would be adult only I guess your the expert. I saw the kids loving the show.

We also attended the Cirque show on Epic with our 11 year old son. There were plenty of kids there. I was not the slightest bit concerned. Skimpy outfits? Half the women on the pool deck wear less. Big deal.

I agree. I think this is where all the people that think kids ruin there cruise chime in and disguise there comments

If I did not make Sence why did you get my point. There are a lot of folks on cc that complain constantly about kids and it's all exaggerated. Just like your point of view exaggerated. If it was so dangerous it would be adult only I guess your the expert. I saw the kids loving the show.

I did not exaggerate anything. I never said the show was dangerous to children or that they wouldn't enjoy it, nor am I anti-child as you are implying. I travel with my dd and took her to see the show twice. She loved it. I was not advising people to keep kids out, but rather was cautioning of the potential problem with taking a child who could not handle it, and suggesting that parents should be realistic about their kids limitations and exercise judgment accordingly. Why is that unreasonable? I know I would not have taken my daughter when she was three, not because of the content, but because she wouldn't have been able to sit through it.

As for the comments on content - I don't think there is anything overly suggestive or objectionable. My dd thought the women walking around with bells on their breasts were funny, but I could see that some might not approve of it.

Well idk, I was on the end of March of 2014 and they had the women wearing barely anything, even another poster on here mentioned that the Epic show is a lot more sexual, I'm not complaining it was fun just not for kids. Expecially the opening trick where the girl wearing barely anything sat on the edge of a big wine glass and bent backwards with her legs wide open and it only got more wild from there.

I believe they may have changed stuff as this was not part of our show :)

I believe they may have changed stuff as this was not part of our show :)

I mean don't get me wrong the show is definitely great, I had no complaints whatsoever lol. Oh I wanted to tell everyone, if you don't like the food they are serving they will bring you something else. I don't eat seafood and I'm not much of a steak kind of guy, so I asked for a cheeseburger and french fries and they had no problem bringing them.

I did not exaggerate anything. I never said the show was dangerous to children or that they wouldn't enjoy it, nor am I anti-child as you are implying. I travel with my dd and took her to see the show twice. She loved it. I was not advising people to keep kids out, but rather was cautioning of the potential problem with taking a child who could not handle it, and suggesting that parents should be realistic about their kids limitations and exercise judgment accordingly. Why is that unreasonable? I know I would not have taken my daughter when she was three, not because of the content, but because she wouldn't have been able to sit through it.

As for the comments on content - I don't think there is anything overly suggestive or objectionable. My dd thought the women walking around with bells on their breasts were funny, but I could see that some might not approve of it.

For your parental expertise!