First Cruise as Diamond!

eel

We have our first cruise as Diamond coming up in a few weeks. It is only a 3-day cruise on Enchantment but they have a DL so we will get to see what all the fuss is about.

Any advice on etiquette in the DL or other Diamond perks we should be sure to take advantage of are much appreciated. What hours is the DL typically open?

We have our first cruise as Diamond coming up in a few weeks. It is only a 3-day cruise on Enchantment but they have a DL so we will get to see what all the fuss is about.

Any advice on etiquette in the DL or other Diamond perks we should be sure to take advantage of are much appreciated. What hours is the DL typically open?

The DL is accessible 24 hours via your SeaPass card. They have free self-serve specialty coffee. The hours for the nightly cocktail party were 5pm to 8:30pm.

You should get a letter in your stateroom with any details of an overflow venue. When we were there last month, the entire Viking Crown area was an overflow for both the Concierge and Diamond lounges.

The one thing I will warn you....

Careful how much you eat.

Having drinks and food available to us has meant that we do too much too many times. :eek:

Particularly if we have late seating- arrive at 7pm or so, hungry, thirsty, have a drink (or two) and some appetizers (or 3), and before you know it- it's time to head to dinner. Full. :o

Other than that, just enjoy yourself. When you get to your cabin, there will be a note telling you the details- which is basically no shorts or sandals during the evening.

We love heading there for coffee in the afternoon.

Thanks for the info. We are big time coffee fans. I have a Saeco superautomatic espresso machine and a Delonghi manual esprsso machine at hame and I use one of them every day to make our own lattes and cappuccinos. So I think the specialty coffees are a really big perk for us. Do they also serve breakfast in the DL?

Our MTD is set for 6:15 PM every day so we would probably get there right at the beginning of the cocktail hours. Is that the only time the DL bar is open?

Thanks for the info. We are big time coffee fans. I have a Saeco superautomatic espresso machine and a Delonghi manual esprsso machine at hame and I use one of them every day to make our own lattes and cappuccinos. So I think the specialty coffees are a really big perk for us. Do they also serve breakfast in the DL?

Our MTD is set for 6:15 PM every day so we would probably get there right at the beginning of the cocktail hours. Is that the only time the DL bar is open?

The DL breakfast on Vision will be a continental breakfast for a couple of hours every morning. The bar in the DL will only be open for the cocktail hour, usually from 5pm to 8:30pm.

The one thing I will warn you....

Careful how much you eat.

Having drinks and food available to us has meant that we do too much too many times. :eek:

Particularly if we have late seating- arrive at 7pm or so, hungry, thirsty, have a drink (or two) and some appetizers (or 3), and before you know it- it's time to head to dinner. Full. :o

Other than that, just enjoy yourself. When you get to your cabin, there will be a note telling you the details- which is basically no shorts or sandals during the evening.

We love heading there for coffee in the afternoon.

No sandals? We will also be sailing as a first time Diamond cruiser later this year. We will be on Independence. I have had major surgeries on my ankle and find it difficult to find shoes(besides my shape up gym shoes) that I can wear for more than a couple of hours. I have a pair of sandals that are only semi dressy that I can wear for awhile. Will I not be let in due to wearing these? My doctor said I should wear my rocker bottom gym shoes all the time.

I wouldn't worry about the no sandals. I think it's more like no flip flops, but they really don't enforce that. The big no no is swimsuits and coverups.

Regardless of what is in the welcome letter it is really "anything goes" for dress. Whatever folks wear to any dinner venue, they can wear to the lounges.

Lee, you will enjoy the lounge. From reading your posts, I imagine you will enjoy the 24/7 speciality coffee. There is no special etiquette lesson needed. Just act cordially and respectful and you enjoy yourself.

I am not a fan of the Enchantment CL concierge, so I will likely be with you in the DL

See you in 2 weeks

M

No sandals? We will also be sailing as a first time Diamond cruiser later this year. We will be on Independence. I have had major surgeries on my ankle and find it difficult to find shoes(besides my shape up gym shoes) that I can wear for more than a couple of hours. I have a pair of sandals that are only semi dressy that I can wear for awhile. Will I not be let in due to wearing these? My doctor said I should wear my rocker bottom gym shoes all the time.

My feet swell so I can only wear sandals (not flip flops). Never had a problem.

Congratulations, you two! Enjoy your upcoming SHORT cruise, AND your mega trip coming up soon!

Jon and Mark (we sailed with you on Adventure in March!)

eel- congrats on diamond level. We are going on the Oasis in Nov. and this will be our first RC cruise since making diamond level. We did Celebrity last year as elites and the happy hour coctail party was nice. Everyone wore basically what they wore to the dining room that night. I read somewhere that there is a special bon voyage party at the helicopter pad when leaving Nassau on the Oasis. Has anyone done this? Do they still do the special breafast one morning in the dining room? We haven't done a RC cruise in a year so looking forward to the Oasis especially after Carnival Dream this past April:)

eel- congrats on diamond level. We are going on the Oasis in Nov. and this will be our first RC cruise since making diamond level. We did Celebrity last year as elites and the happy hour coctail party was nice. Everyone wore basically what they wore to the dining room that night. I read somewhere that there is a special bon voyage party at the helicopter pad when leaving Nassau on the Oasis. Has anyone done this? Do they still do the special breafast one morning in the dining room? We haven't done a RC cruise in a year so looking forward to the Oasis especially after Carnival Dream this past April:)

The Top Tier Party on Oasis has been on the Helipad the last two times I've been on Oasis. There wasn't a special breakfast for Diamond/Diamond Plus/PC members that I was aware of.

The Top Tier Party on Oasis has been on the Helipad the last two times I've been on Oasis.

I have not been to this party before. Is it fun? Is the veiw better than up top? Do they serve cocktails?

They serve champagne and mimosas. It is a unique experience as the helipad is not open to the public. It's fun to be at the very front of the ship.

We became diamond on our last Enchantment cruise. The nightly event was wonderful. The routine we got into was we would get ready for dinner and go to the Viking Crown lounge for a few appetizers and a drink before our meal. Then we would go to dinner. Then go back up and enjoy another drink before we "danced the night away".........It was really very special. Have a wonderful cruise and congratulations on becoming diamond:)

Enjoy the DL perks! Note that because the evening cocktails are gratis, the servers appreciate tips, if you feel inclined. You may tip each night you drink or at the end (they say tips are pooled, I am never sure if that really works!). If we receive good service the first round, first night, we try to engage with that server and give a good tip. Then, on arrival through the week, that server remembers us and is attentive. Tipping the concierge is up to you--some always tip, others do so only if they perform concierge services, e.g., make a reservation for you or handle some other request.

The lounge is a fun place to meet other people, too!

Have a great cruise. :)

We are Diamond Plus and were on the Allure 2X in the past few months and there was no Helipad party.

On the second cruise there was however a party at the Aquatheater for C & A members.

Maybe I somehow missed the helipad party..bummer!!!!

When we went on Allure, there was no helipad event either. I've only heard of this event on Oasis.

You have now automatically gained Elite status on Celebrity.:rolleyes:

Archived