Renewing our Vow

antvan

[

Has anyone ever renewed their Vow on board ship. We will be sailing on the Veendam November 15th 2014. Thanks for any infomation you could pass along

EveAnn Prince[/color][/font]

Yes we have as KK stated above. What is it you would like to know? The ceremony? Photography? Invitations? We did it last January.

We also did it on our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. It was a very moving (no pun intended) affair!

Since the cruise was 30 days we only had my two sisters and their husbands in attendance. I would like to do it again for our 50th!!

1644582048_Vowrenewal.jpg.c485d72e845563c9d4d8d0ab48578e0a.jpg

We did it on our Canada/New England cruise a couple of years ago on the Maasdam. Interestingly, we were the only ones to do it that cruise and in fact the whole season. HAL does not promote this well enough IMO, as it is a very nice experience and a good value.

The whole thing lasted about an hour. We spent quite a bit of time with the Captain and his wife before and after the ceremony (really made one feel special). Had cake and champagne after the ceremony (champagne and hors d'oeuvres before), received a nice photo album with one large photo (could purchase more of course) and even a bottle of wine sent to our cabin (this is not normal, but a gift from the Captain).

I highly recommend this service.

DaveOKC

DH and I renewed our vows for our 32nd anniversary on the Westerdam and it was lovely. It was in a room on an upper deck with lots of windows and a beautiful setting. Someone played a keyboard and the Captain performed the ceremony. We had our photo taken with the captain and received it before we disembarked the ship. There were appetizers and champagne and the Captain stayed a little while to chat. There was another couple who renewed their vows also after ours. DH and I would recommend doing it.

First ... 1of 4 ... you all look magnificent.

To the OP ... from the HAL site (Search for "Weddings".):

Renewal of Vows On Board

For couples that would like to say their wedding vows while at sea, Holland America Line offers an onboard Renewal-of-Vows package. As part of the package, the guests will receive flowers in their stateroom, and invitations are made available to invite guests to the ceremony and celebration. The couple also receives:

A 10x7 activity sheet

Dinner for two one evening in the Pinnacle Grill

A celebration featuring music, champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres served by Holland America Line's five-star staff

Onboard honeymoon, anniversary and renewal-of-vows packages may be booked through Holland America Line's Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576.

There is a time set (by the Captain) for the Vow Renewal sometime during the cruise. There will be the couples, the Captain, any invited guests, a photographer, and the hostess. From our experience, it was extra special as, when we did it, we were the only couple and had our Captain all to ourselves for 20 minutes and then we had to decide what to do with that WHOLE CAKE. :)

Edited by AZNative2000

DW and I renewed our vows on the Oosterdam in 2006. It was in a small room just off the Crow's nest lounge. There were three or four couples doing it on that cruise.

It was very nice. The description says we were to get one photograph, but the photogs took several and gave us all of them.

IIRC, there was a violin/cello duo playing before the ceremony and canapes and mimosas were served.

[

Has anyone ever renewed their Vow on board ship. We will be sailing on the Veendam November 15th 2014. Thanks for any infomation you could pass along

EveAnn Prince[/color][/font]

[size=4]We had a ROV ceremony on the Noordam in Dec. of 2010 & had four of our best friends, who were cruising with us, as guests.. We paid $12.50 for each guest & it was done on a formal night.. The charge may have changed by now..

There were three couples doing a renewal, each one individually... One couple, who were celebrating their 50th was from Manila & had their entire family, (approx. 26 guests).. Every single one of them was beautifully dressed in white, including the little ones.. It was very lovely..

The Capt. spent some time with each couple & did our renewals individually.. It included flowers for me & a lapel rose for DH, plus cake & champagne for all.. Later on they delivered a nice album with a copy of the vows, a certificate & picture.. We used the ships vows as I'm not very good at writing something like that..If you want you can write your own vows.. We also requested that our ROV ceremony be done on the second half of our B2B cruise when the second couple, who was at our wedding, were on board...

The biggest mistake we made was when the Photographers asked us to make an appointment for our pictures to be taken a few days ahead of time, we failed to do that, so the only pic we have is with me crying! So be sure to make an appointment so a nice picture of you both will be included in the album.. DH wore his TUX & I wore a dress which I had worn for our Son's wedding..

It was lovely & very special to us as well, since our four closest friends were with us..

Cheers.... Betty [/size]

Edited by serendipity1499

We renewed our wedding vows on the Statendam to Hawaii for our 50th Anniversary in 2005. We have booked our cruise to Canada/New England on the Maasdam for our 60th anniversary next year and will once again renew our wedding vows. We have been blessed with a wonderful marriage and who knows, we might even make it to 70. Bud & Marianne

We did it for a new years cruise 2 years ago on the Zaandam. It was a fun event aand the social director who cordinated everything for us did a great job. We were the only ones doing the ceremony with our kids and their fsmily. We met with Captian for actually about an hour in a set off area from the crows nest and we had drinks and small bites finally he said I think we should get this show on the road. He performemed the ceremony and they had a cake and a photograher for everything. They put it all together in an album with the certificate and pictures. It was a wonderful ceremony and we would recommend it to everyone and the cost is about $125.00 I think . You should have a fun and great time . We did it for our 50th anniversary and really loved it. Have a great time and congradulations to you on your uncoming anniversary.:):):)

One thing I wanted to add:

I think that the reason HAL does not promote this Renewal Package very much is that they do not make any money on it. When you consider the things you get, plus the Captain's and other crew members time involved, there is no way they can be coming out ahead.

I really think they offer this as a "service" to their passengers.

DaveOKC

We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam in july (our first HAL cruise!) for our 10th aniversary and I've been thinking about renewing our vows then. But we're just the two of us...

'It takes two, baby....' apologies to Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston!

We did ROV on Westerdam last March, just the two of us. It was the highlight of the cruise. It was on the last formal night and the Captain (Captain Rens van Eerten) spent quite a while talking to us after the event. We would do it again without any hesitation.

Edited by VMax1700

We have booked our ROW for our November 15th sailing on the Veendam to Hawaii. I found out that two other couples will be ROW with us. My husband has his tuxedo and I will be wearing a long purple dress. My daughter is making my flowers for us. Being in Hawaii it would of been nice to have fresh flower. Not knowing when the ceremony is going to be. If I could get flowers from the Islands.

We have booked our ROW for our November 15th sailing on the Veendam to Hawaii. I found out that two other couples will be ROW with us. My husband has his tuxedo and I will be wearing a long purple dress. My daughter is making my flowers for us. Being in Hawaii it would of been nice to have fresh flower. Not knowing when the ceremony is going to be. If I could get flowers from the Islands.

Holland America will supply fresh flowers for you! That is a part of the package.. They made me a Corsage & DH had a Rose Boutonniere for his lapel.. The Social Director will coordinate your flowers for you.. The florist on board will probably get the flowers from Hawaii..

Hope you enjoy your ROV & be sure to have your portraits done before the ceremony...BTW you can partake of the Pinnacle anytime during your cruise..

We renewed our vows on our 10th anniversary on Carnival - with many other couples and it was wild but fun. We celebrated our 20th on HAL and it was dignified and lovely. We had a Tahitian ceremony for our 21st on Regent and finally the 25th on the Zuiderdam. Each time was special to us and we look forward to renewing again on our upcoming 30th this New Years Eve.