Regal Afternoon Tea on NE/Canada itinerary

jpcello

A co-worker just came back from the Regal repositioning cruise (BTW she had a spectacular time).

We were chatting and she highly recommended the afternoon tea. But she was on a 2-week Northern Europe and Transatlantic cruise. I'm going on a 7-night NE/Canada cruise, which only has one full sea day.

Does anyone know if the afternoon tea is every day or just the sea day? I searched the site but couldn't find my answer.

12 days and counting!!

A co-worker just came back from the Regal repositioning cruise (BTW she had a spectacular time).

We were chatting and she highly recommended the afternoon tea. But she was on a 2-week Northern Europe and Transatlantic cruise. I'm going on a 7-night NE/Canada cruise, which only has one full sea day.

Does anyone know if the afternoon tea is every day or just the sea day? I searched the site but couldn't find my answer.

12 days and counting!!

Tea will be served daily. I think it's in Symphony dining room(could change) You'll get a standard tea(no high end teas here, though I'll explain a nicer one)You'll get scones & small savories. Having cruise Cunard 6 times, sorry there's NO comparison. Now to the "nicer" tea. They should offer a more formal tea near the international café on the Piazza. It will cost somewhere near $20 for two people. You'll have a tea "menu" to choose from. The pastries & savories are much more upscale. More like what you'll get on Cunard. Do inquire at the café about this tea service. It CAN fill quickly! Enjoy!

Edited by keithm
grammar

12 days and counting!!

Just read your Patter (the daily newsletter ) back page has all the dining information that you need. It will list the times tea is held. It is complimentary. They serve scones with jam and whipped cream, finger sandwiches, and pastries/cookies.It is sit down service with items passed by The dining room staff.

It's good ,but very rushed service and usually it's held from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM and you can show up anytime during that one hour . You don't have to show up at 3:30. I agree with some of the other posters it's definitely not a high tea experience, but I usually go once during every cruise . You can pick a different type of tea from what they are serving i.e. flavor ,but they're a little hesitant to do that ,but if you ask they usually will accommodate, it may take a while though.

Julie

12 days and counting!!

Yes, there is afternoon tea everyday. Their finger sandwiches served around are good too.

My wife is not interested in tea time:(. However she is going because I want to try this tea time thing. Also when there is something I do not want to do and she does we are NOT doing it. Just kidding I will be there with bells on my shoes, and if anyone tells her what I said I will be in total denial...LoL:cool:.

Tea is served in one of the dining rooms every day except embarkation. We really enjoyed having it on our Princess cruise to New England/Canada because we frequently returned to the ship about that time--having missed lunch because we were doing so much in port. Since we had anytime dining that cruise, having tea did not spoil our appetites too much. We ended up eating dinner around 9 when there wasn't any wait to get a table.

Tea is served in one of the dining rooms every day except embarkation. We really enjoyed having it on our Princess cruise to New England/Canada because we frequently returned to the ship about that time--having missed lunch because we were doing so much in port. Since we had anytime dining that cruise, having tea did not spoil our appetites too much. We ended up eating dinner around 9 when there wasn't any wait to get a table.

That was my thought when I posted the question. We have late dinner seating (8:15) and excursions get us back on the ship somewhere between 3-4 PM. Can't wait - 11 days!