less than two weeks out

VTcruisenut

Print them now if you wish, you can always add the cabin# with a pen if you get it before you leave. If your cabin assignment is as late as at the pier (it does happen occasionally), you can write in the cabin# on the tag at that time. If you don't have a cabin# when you reach the pier, the baggage attendants will have a final up-to-date copy.

Edited by Dave in NJ

Our assignment came at 9 days out; just printed my tags today!

I know there were upsells being done (we were contacted twice) so they probably wait until all of that is finished before making the final assignments.

At least take a lok at your luggage tags. Many people have posted that theassignment has been known to show up there the day before it shows in your profile.

Yes I looked- still blank! Have now found out the Inside cabins are listing as SOLD OUT! could be they are assigning the guarantee cabins now... ......I am just horribly impatient!

At least take a lok at your luggage tags. Many people have posted that theassignment has been known to show up there the day before it shows in your profile.

The assignment for sure appears there the day before. Strange that hals systems don't talk to each other.

We leave this weekend on the Eurodam. Just last week I got our room assignment. Inside, as we booked but upgraded to K from MM or whatever. Anyway, we got an upsell as recently as yesterday. We prefer inside, so will not take them up on it.

last week? Which K cabin? are they bigger/ how many days from sailing was that? did the Inside cabins all show as sold out right before they assigned it? sorry, but I am so sick of winter, I can barely wait to get out of Vermont!!!!:eek:

Edited by VTcruisenut

We leave this weekend on the Eurodam. Just last week I got our room assignment. Inside, as we booked but upgraded to K from MM or whatever. Anyway, we got an upsell as recently as yesterday. We prefer inside, so will not take them up on it.

We got our assignment this morning! K6135 on the Upper Verandah Deck!!! very close to the elevators which I am happy about too! If anyone has stayed in one of these cabins- please let me know your thoughts.:D

Sorry to say, according to the deck plans, Eurodam 6135 connects to 6131. :(

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=ed_2&deck=uv&deep=0

.[/quote

I called reservations and asked why we were given a cabin with a connecting door and was told it was an upgrade from the MM Guarantee category. I told them that I didn't consider it an upgrade as I don't feel safe with a connecting door- never book them even in hotels. We were able to change to a cabin 4 doors down which they swear is a down grade- same exact cabin only 4 doors further aft. I will rest easier not having a connecting door and walking a few feet more to the "down grade"

We were able to change to a cabin 4 doors down which they swear is a down grade- same exact cabin only 4 doors further aft. I will rest easier not having a connecting door and walking a few feet more to the "down grade"
If they gave you L6151, that connects to L6147. I hope you meant 5 doors down.

L6155 is the new assignment..............I just can't imagine why they would put someone in an adjoining cabin that didnt' ask for it!
We've been assigned 3 or 4 adjoining cabins out of our 9 guarantees and never minded them. Once we chose one just for the location and we were booted 4 cabins down the hall to a non-adjoining one, presumably because someone else wanted the connecting one.

I just can't imagine why they would put someone in an adjoining cabin that didnt' ask for it!

Someone has to go there. If no one booked a connecting cabin specifically, then it is free for assignment as a guarantee.

I've been in many connecting cabins on the Rotterdam, and the Vista/Signature ships. To me, there is little difference between them, and a cabin that isn't connecting. On the Vista/Signature ships (on Main Deck) the bed was positioned differently---that's all.

Edited by RuthC

We've been assigned 3 or 4 adjoining cabins out of our 9 guarantees and never minded them. Once we chose one just for the location and we were booted 4 cabins down the hall to a non-adjoining one, presumably because someone else wanted the connecting one.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't care what I get for an assignment on a hal ship. When I'm on princess I will always pick a cabin because I've gotten some sucky rooms.

If posters have some concerns about an assignment I think it's always the best policy to book the room you want just in case there is nowhere to move. I've seen posters complain bitterly about where they were assigned yet book a guarantee the next time. That doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

L6155 is the new assignment..............I just can't imagine why they would put someone in an adjoining cabin that didnt' ask for it!

Please understand that when you book a guarentee, you are giving up your right to choose a specific cabin, its location, whether it is connecting or not, whether it is forward, mid-ship or aft, whether it is near the elevators or not and so on.

The first cabin you were assigned was better category and now you have a cabin more to the aft, which I would not consider as good, but it is not a connecting. There you go: win, win for you.

Have a great cruise and consider choosing your cabin next time.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't care what I get for an assignment on a hal ship. When I'm on princess I will always pick a cabin because I've gotten some sucky rooms.

If posters have some concerns about an assignment I think it's always the best policy to book the room you want just in case there is nowhere to move. I've seen posters complain bitterly about where they were assigned yet book a guarantee the next time. That doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I agree! Some should just choose the cabin they feel comfortable with.

I book guarentees because, confronted with ALL those cabins, how do I even begin to choose!!?? We've been pretty much very please with all our assignments. Luckily, I know.

Please understand that when you book a guarentee, you are giving up your right to choose a specific cabin, its location, whether it is connecting or not, whether it is forward, mid-ship or aft, whether it is near the elevators or not and so on.

The first cabin you were assigned was better category and now you have a cabin more to the aft, which I would not consider as good, but it is not a connecting. There you go: win, win for you.

Have a great cruise and consider choosing your cabin next time.

I booked a Guarantee MM category- would have been happy with that. I didn't book nor do I want a connecting door to complete strangers in my cabin. And as far as not having "as good a cabin" and " now in the Aft" you need to understand that we had 6135 and now have 6155 exactly the same cabin, no connecting door only 4 doorways away from the first assignment. I would rather that a family traveling together have the connecting cabin to make their life easier, and for me to rest easier. After all, it is my vacation. As usual, I regret even posting on here, as some people get their Panties in a knot over nothing! I am so extremetly grateful to even be able to cruise this year. Believe me it is not something I take for granted. We do not have the luxury of choosing between the Pinnacle or Neptune or any Suite for that matter. This cruise is for my DH Birthday and I have literally saved every spare cent for over 3 years to be able to afford it! I believe that as a paying customer of HAL I have the right to express my concerns and anxiety over having a connecting door. They were wonderful as they always are and accomodated my request. We may not spend the most $$$ on HAL but they always treat us as if we do. I apologize if my post about changing irratated some of you. You can now all straighten up your Panties and move to snarking at someone else. Goodnight

I booked a Guarantee MM category- would have been happy with that. I didn't book nor do I want a connecting door to complete strangers in my cabin. And as far as not having "as good a cabin" and " now in the Aft" you need to understand that we had 6135 and now have 6155 exactly the same cabin, no connecting door only 4 doorways away from the first assignment. I would rather that a family traveling together have the connecting cabin to make their life easier, and for me to rest easier. After all, it is my vacation. As usual, I regret even posting on here, as some people get their Panties in a knot over nothing! I am so extremetly grateful to even be able to cruise this year. Believe me it is not something I take for granted. We do not have the luxury of choosing between the Pinnacle or Neptune or any Suite for that matter. This cruise is for my DH Birthday and I have literally saved every spare cent for over 3 years to be able to afford it! I believe that as a paying customer of HAL I have the right to express my concerns and anxiety over having a connecting door. They were wonderful as they always are and accomodated my request. We may not spend the most $$$ on HAL but they always treat us as if we do. I apologize if my post about changing irratated some of you. You can now all straighten up your Panties and move to snarking at someone else. Goodnight

Oh my. There really is no reason to get so upset. I don't think any of the posters here are getting their panties in a knot. The point of a guarantee is that hal puts you where they want, not hal looking for your laundry list of wants and likes. We are trying to save you from dissapintment not to chastise you. I'm sorry you take such offence to what was only meant as helpful. There are some posters who choose to put others down to get attention for themselves because they are missing something in their lives. I haven't seen anyone post on this thread that I would described this way. I'm sorry you feel their way you do. Not everyone on cc can afford the upper end suites. I would imagine it's a small pocket.

Edited by cruz chic

Our one and only guarantee, we were "upgraded" from an MM to another inside, just higher up (on Eurodam). It was a connecting cabin, and we never even thought about that being a problem, but it was, as our neighbour liked to have her TV on from 6 a.m. to after 1 a.m. I'm sure she didn't even realize it could be heard, it wasn't all that loud, but it did disturb me, and we discussed for a few days what to do about it. Eventually, DH went to the front desk, and asked how he should handle it, and was told to leave it up to them. We never heard the TV again. We didn't want to spoil her fun, and wouldn't have said anything, except for her viewing hours!

From then on we have picked our room. You definitely did the right thing moving, as far as I'm concerned! :)

Someone has to go there. If no one booked a connecting cabin specifically, then it is free for assignment as a guarantee.

In fact, since many people probably avoid choosing a connecting cabin, that would increase the probability that they will be the "left overs" for guarantee assignments.

I don't blame you for the way you feel, we all have our hang up about certain cabins, and I see nothing wrong with that. I think CC mermbers were just trying to make you feel more comfortable with that kind of cabin. I hope you go back to Hal and get the kind of cabin you want that is not connected to another room.:)