OS vs GS on Voyager class - worth $1700 more?

Vikstar

Just wondering people's thoughts on an Owner's Suite versus a Grand Suite on ten night cruise for an additional $1700 USD more? I had my heart set on the Owner's Suite but with this difference in price is it really worth it? As far as I can see the only additional benefit is a larger room - all other amenities are the same? I think the OS balcony is smaller than a GS balcony too. So confused, please help :(

I usually choose a GS over an OS. The space in an OS is nice, but unless you need the dining table, a separate shower, or a bidet, for me a GS is more than sufficient. I would opt for the smaller (but still roomy) cabin with a bigger balcony.

Edited by Cindy

Thanks Cindy, appreciate your response. I have been in a GS with my husband before and it was spacious for us but I am sharing the OS with my Mum and am thinking we would need more space to have some personal space and get away from each other haha! but now I'm just not sure.

I wouldn't pay that much to change from a GS to an OS. Last year I booked a GS for the three of us on Voyager (wife, husband and teen) and then my mum wanted to come but there were not many choices of room left. So we then booked an OS for her and she was happy to swap so that the three of us were in the bigger room. The OS was not much more cost at the time.

This January we are cruising in two GS (connecting). The only differences I could detect were the OS has a walk in shower (as opposed to shower over the bath), a dining setting with two chairs, an extra lounge seat in the bedroom, a smaller balcony (to accommodate the larger bedroom) and I think the OS has a doorbell. Both have a curtain to separate the bedroom from the living room, so I don't think that there will be much difference for you in relation to privacy.

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't for that price difference. It really won't be significantly different in terms of "personal space for an extra person".

Benefits (as mentioned by others)

- separate shower (still single bathroom)

- bidet

- dining table

- larger TV (between living area and bedroom)

- larger balcony (1 extra section... 3 vs 2)

Similar to the GS in amenities and curtain between bedroom and living area.

I have done it for $600. Wouldn't go over that, but of course personal choice.