Madagascar Breakfast - Adults Only Ok?

I can pass for an adult but admit to loving various animated charactars, including Madagascar:o.

It'll just be DH & me on upcoming Oasis sailing. On DCL ships nobody bats an eye if adults book charactar meals sans kiddos.

Anybody adults-only here do the breakfast? I did see they have various photo ops but thought it'd be easier to grab some pics during breakfast.

I am going to book one character breakfast when i get onboard Allure. We are only both adults. Definitely got to have a try.

Book it in advance. The character breakfast for our Thanksgiving week cruise is already closed for booking.

DW and I attended the Character breakfast on Oasis this past May.

Reserved it early, We had a great breakfast!

We are going to reserve it again next May on Allure. ( our boys 15 and 10 will be with us this time)

My DW will still have the most fun!

Enjoy!!!

Count me in the minority opinion here. The character breakfasts are designed as an activity for kids to enjoy, along with their parents/grandparents. As another poster pointed out, these breakfasts often fill up to capacity. That means if adults only book these, they are preventing 4 and 5 year old kids from enjoying an activity designed for those ages. It means that a certain number of parents will miss out on seeing the priceless look on their kids' faces when they get to meet one of their favorite cartoon characters in real life!!

I get it. People are young at heart and like these kinds of breakfasts. And I also get that these are first-come, first-served. So if parents want to book them, they need to do so early. But these often fill up months in advance, even before some families book their cruise.

Is there anything illegal or against the rules about adults only going to the children's character breakfast? No. Is there a reason why the tables used at these breakfasts are 8- and 10-tops? Yes. Because the expectation is that these will be filled with parents, grandparents and 4 and 5 year-olds.

Is there anything illegal or against the rules with a full-grown adult fighting over a foul ball with a kid at a baseball game? Again, no. It's just kind of a d-bag move.

So ask yourself: Should I rob a family and their little kids maybe a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the children's breakfast?? And then do what you think is appropriate.

Or you could always refrain from reserving a spot in advance, show up that morning, and if there is space available, enjoy this event designed primarily for 4 and 5 year-olds.

My adult DD and I went on Allure. It was fun! The characters will pose with every table so bring your camera!

Tip: We had the Madagascar crew, but, I am hoping to have Shrek on my Oasis cruise in Oct. I reserved all 3 mornings and if I can find out onboard which day is Shrek, I'll cancel the other two days. The morning that I attended previously, they were still able to accommodate guests without prior reservations, too. I suppose some who pre-booked were no shows.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

ChigagoBound - D-bag move? Really? DH and I attended without kids and we were not the only ones to do so. The capacity appears to be large enough that we're able to enjoy it without feeling like we "robbed a family and their little kids maybe a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the children's breakfast". If RCI wanted to limit it to families with children, they would do so.

ChigagoBound - D-bag move? Really? DH and I attended without kids and we were not the only ones to do so.

I am not sure that I understand your logic. Are you saying that because a whole bunch of other people were also taking spaces that could've been used by four and five-year-olds, there is nothing inappropriate with that? Personally, as I said, I think that taking the spot of a four or five-year-old at a children's character breakfast is sort of like fighting with a little kid over a foul ball (to say nothing of whether or not it is a little pathetic). Are you doing something illegal? No. Are you breaking RCCL rules? No. Are you doing something uncool? Yes.

Chicagobound - I appreciate your POV, even if it is a bit dramatic. Sounds like the meal is just not your style. That's fine, too. Not really appreciating your judgemental name calling though, tbh.

The facts are that parents have 3 opportunities per 7 day sailings on Oasis class ships. They can

1) reserve online until the slots in that pool are booked up 2) reserve immediately upon boarding

3) standby on the day of the breakfast.

As I stated earlier, those standing by were accommodated on the day I attended.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

We did it with just adults and would do it again. I enjoy getting pics with characters and do the meals with characters when we go to theme parks too. It isn't an kids only activity so go and enjoy. Don't listen to the people saying you shouldn't do it without kids. If royal wanted to put an age requirement in it they could but they leave it open for everyone.

Is there anything illegal or against the rules about adults only going to the children's character breakfast? No. Is there a reason why the tables used at these breakfasts are 8- and 10-tops? Yes. Because the expectation is that these will be filled with parents, grandparents and 4 and 5 year-olds.

They are not all 8 to 10 top tables. On the Freedom, there was a lot of 4 person tables being used.

They are not all 8 to 10 top tables. On the Freedom, there was a lot of 4 person tables being used.

No doubt for four adults and not, say, for a mom and dad and their young kids???

Look, people can do what they want. I loved the character breakfast on our Allure cruise last year because I got to see my young kids really enjoying an event geared for the sensibilities of very young children. Would I feel bad as an adult without kids taking up a space of a four year old if the breakfast were full? Sure I would. But that's just me. YMMV.

Whose expectation?

So ask yourself: Should I rob a family and their little kids maybe a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy the children's breakfast?? And then do what you think is appropriate.

Have you been? There were many different age groups represented.

Or you could always refrain from reserving a spot in advance, show up that morning, and if there is space available, enjoy this event designed primarily for 4 and 5 year-olds.

. Ever been to the Hoop De Doo Revue in Disney? There are plenty of adults only at this venue. While I agree that the predominant age is young, that shouldn't discount an adult from enjoying it.

No doubt for four adults and not, say, for a mom and dad and their young kids???

Look, people can do what they want. I loved the character breakfast on our Allure cruise last year because I got to see my young kids really enjoying an event geared for the sensibilities of very young children. Would I feel bad as an adult without kids taking up a space of a four year old if the breakfast were full? Sure I would. But that's just me. YMMV.

Step down from your high horse for a minute. :D

No one is depriving kids of anything. As stated earlier, if RCI wanted it to be families with kids only, they would state that.

There were plenty of two tops also being used on Oasis last May, we utilized one of them because we did not want to interfere with the families. From what I've been told, ( and witnessed on lady O), they do not turn people with kids away. There is plenty of room to seat people and they do. We watched a few people with kids wanting to take part that did not have reservations, they were seated and enjoyed a great breakfast. RCI just tries to reserve it so they get an approximate head count.

Archived