Princess Rewards Question

Gypsy-Bear

We are Ruby and have to complete one more cruise to achieve Elite status. My question is if we book 2 back to back 7 day cruises for our next vacation will we receive Elite benefits on the 2nd cruise?

Thanks

We are Ruby and have to complete one more cruise to achieve Elite status. My question is if we book 2 back to back 7 day cruises for our next vacation will we receive Elite benefits on the 2nd cruise?

Thanks

First: If you are now Ruby you will become PLATINUM - not Elite

Second: You should receive your new Platinum benefits on the second part of the cruise.

Thanks

Are you on the Ruby or are you Ruby status?

You may have to request a replacement cruise card in your new Captains Circle status color once the second cruise starts--but yes, you certainly are entitled to it.

And if you have found a way to jump from Ruby directly to Elite...could you kindly share it with the rest of us ;)

I was Platinum and became Llite on a B2B. You have to book your cruises separately. If you book as a 14 day cruise the ans. is NO.

(Platinum to Elite YES). (Ruby to Elite no way). Only if you qualify in the amount of days 151.)

I was Platinum and became Llite on a B2B. You have to book your cruises separately. If you book as a 14 day cruise the ans. is NO.

(Platinum to Elite YES). (Ruby to Elite no way). Only if you qualify in the amount of days 151.)

Not anymore.

If the 14 days is a B2B, each segment now counts towards status, so at the end of the first segment, the new status will apply for the 2nd segment.

You may need to make sure that the Captain's Circle person sets it up properly by speaking to him/her during the first segment.

You may need to make sure that the Captain's Circle person sets it up properly by speaking to him/her during the first segment.
That's if you have a Captain's Circle host worth a damn on the ship. I've seen/experienced too many rude/obnoxious hosts on my last few cruises. I've lost all respect for them.

Are you on the Ruby or are you Ruby status?

I think Colo Cruiser's question needs to be answered 1st.....otherwise this thread is likely to distract from the original question, which happens quite a lot!

Edited by magandy

Sorry for the confusion. I'm Ruby status and I wanted to know if I only need one more cruise to get to the next level ( which I now know is Platinum not Elite) and I booked a B2B would my Platinum status kick in on the 2nd cruise?

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. I'm Ruby status and I wanted to know if I only need one more cruise to get to the next level ( which I now know is Platinum not Elite) and I booked a B2B would my Platinum status kick in on the 2nd cruise?

Thanks

As long as you have booked them as separate cruises then the answer is yes.

It happened to us last Oct and we went form Platinum to Elite.

Carry On Cruising:)

The answer is "yes" even if booked as a single cruise.

That's not what we were told.

Quote Captains Circle Q&A;

Question: What happens when I hit a cruise day milestone in the middle of my cruise?

Answer: Completing 30 cruise days to become Ruby, 50 cruise days to become Platinum or 150 cruise days to become Elite is certainly a milestone to be celebrated. However, we cannot change your tier status mid-cruise. Upon completion of that cruise you will receive your new Member Pack welcoming you to the new tier. On your next Princess voyage we'll look forward to welcoming you back at your new tier level!

So I would make sure that you book it as two cruises ;)

Question: What happens when I hit a cruise day milestone in the middle of my cruise?

Answer: Completing 30 cruise days to become Ruby, 50 cruise days to become Platinum or 150 cruise days to become Elite is certainly a milestone to be celebrated. However, we cannot change your tier status mid-cruise. Upon completion of that cruise you will receive your new Member Pack welcoming you to the new tier. On your next Princess voyage we'll look forward to welcoming you back at your new tier level!

The restriction is for someone counting number of days rather than number of cruise credits. If you pass the requisite number of days during a cruise you don't get the benefit until the next cruise. If the cruise is booked as a single sailing but could be booked as two segments then, at the completion of the first segment, you are definitely eligible for the increased benefits. This has been the case for quite a while. Unless there has been a recent change this is how it works.

Edited by Thrak

It depends on the port but no matter how you book the cruise you still have to get off the ship after the first leg. In FLL in January we had individual cards for each leg so our first portion of the B2B was ruby colored, while our second cruise card we received for the next leg was platinum, so the status was available for the second leg.

Some have reported that they have received a single card for the entirety of the B2B so I guess YMMV.

The restriction is for someone counting number of days rather than number of cruise credits. If you pass the requisite number of days during a cruise you don't get the benefit until the next cruise. If the cruise is booked as a single sailing but could be booked as two segments then, at the completion of the first segment, you are definitely eligible for the increased benefits. This has been the case for quite a while. Unless there has been a recent change this is how it works.

All I can say is that was not our experience.

As the poster has never said if they are passing from Ruby to Platinum on cruise credits or days, probably the best advice would be to telephone Princess Captains Circle and ask them the question, as it appears people have had different experiences and no one is clear on the correct answer!

Edited by magandy

And if you have found a way to jump from Ruby directly to Elite...could you kindly share it with the rest of us ;)

Theoretically, you can jump from Ruby to Elite. If you have cruised 7X7-day cruises, or 49 days, you are still in Ruby. You take a world cruise of 102 days. After the cruise, you completed 151 days, thus Elite. ;-)

Since a world cruise is also broken down into segments and with new cruise card in each segment, some people indeed change their status during the cruise.

The original poster's situation is EXACTLY as ours. We have booked a b2b to Alaska. The cruise personalized tells us that we ARE ruby on the first (outbound) cruise and ARE PLATINUM on the second (return) cruise. We've booked the same cabin for both "legs" of the trip.

As the poster has never said if they are passing from Ruby to Platinum on cruise credits or days

Either way it does not matter. The status for the 2nd segment is based on what has been earned (credits or days) by the end of the first segment.