Towelwizz - towel holder/identifier

KingHolidayqueen

Hi at the London cruise show two weeks ago I purchased a new product called the towelwizz, it basically kept my towel in place when I was away from my sunlounger and also held my valuables, this was invaluable as we have just come back from a windy cruise, has anyone else used this product?

Does anyone know If these are available to purchase on any cruise lines? I know p & o never offered these, we were asked several times where these can be purchased while on board and wondering if anyone can help inform me where I can purchase more of these other than wait for next years cruise show

Thank you in advance

..it basically kept my towel in place when I was away from my sunlounger and also held my valuables...

Unlikely that they will be sold on board. It would allow more people to "reserve" but not use more chairs for longer periods of time. The the topic of "chair hogs" is pretty contentious here.

Hi at the London cruise show two weeks ago I purchased a new product called the towelwizz, it basically kept my towel in place when I was away from my sunlounger and also held my valuables, this was invaluable as we have just come back from a windy cruise, has anyone else used this product?

Does anyone know If these are available to purchase on any cruise lines? I know p & o never offered these, we were asked several times where these can be purchased while on board and wondering if anyone can help inform me where I can purchase more of these other than wait for next years cruise show

Thank you in advance

Google to the rescue! Just go to Google and type "Towelwizz" in the search bar. You can purchase it on line. U.K. price is L4.99. (Sorry, I don't have the pounds sign on my keyboard). U.S. price is $7.99. You're welcome.;)

Unlikely that they will be sold on board. It would allow more people to "reserve" but not use more chairs for longer periods of time. The the topic of "chair hogs" is pretty contentious here.

Sorry, don't see that as relevant.

Chair-hogs are quite capable of leaving all sorts of personal items on loungers or folding the lounger over their towel while they go off for an hour or three.:mad:

Every time I wiggle on a lounger the towel slips down - we use giant "clothes pegs" to clip one end to the top of the lounger.

JB :)

ps to Beachbum. This posted by Bob++ on another thread :

"........... on my computer, holding down the ALT key, and typing 0163 makes a £ sign."

I don't need to do that, I can type £££££ all day long using a £ key on my computer :p:D

Edited by John Bull

...on my computer, holding down the ALT key, and typing 0163 makes a £ sign." ...

It works but only if you do not have the NUM LOCK on.

Alt 0128 = € (euro)

Alt 0163 = £ (pound sterling)

Alt 0162 = ¢ (cents for $ or €)

Alt 0131 = ƒ (florin, guilder and gulden)

Here's a link to other special characters: http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/keyboards.asp

Sorry, don't see that as relevant.

Chair-hogs are quite capable of leaving all sorts of personal items on loungers or folding the lounger over their towel while they go off for an hour or three.:mad:

Every time I wiggle on a lounger the towel slips down - we use giant "clothes pegs" to clip one end to the top of the lounger.

ps to Beachbum. This posted by Bob++ on another thread :

"........... on my computer, holding down the ALT key, and typing 0163 makes a £ sign."

I don't need to do that, I can type £££££ all day long using a £ key on my computer :p:D

Thanks JB. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Guess it's time to upgrade from this 18th century keyboard.:D:D

It works but only if you do not have the NUM LOCK on.

Alt 0128 = € (euro)

Alt 0163 = £ (pound sterling)

Alt 0162 = ¢ (cents for $ or €)

Alt 0131 = ƒ (florin, guilder and gulden)

Here's a link to other special characters: http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/keyboards.asp

¢ Æ ¶

How 'bout that. The wonders of technocolology.:cool:

Thanks, Walt :)

Thanks JB. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Guess it's time to upgrade from this 18th century keyboard.:D:D

Nah, the newer the computer the more complicated it all gets.

Just run a wire brush through the steam tubes, de-coke the valves & add some STP to the sump oil, and your museum-piece will run fine.

Not getting into the chair hogs conversation, but there are clips sold many places that hold your towel on your chair. They're called Boca Clips. We buy at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I think you can get them at Target too...maybe Walmart? We use them on the ship and at the beach. The wind can blow your towel all over the place, even when you're sitting on it! I can also fold over a towel several times and clip it to the chair for a pillow.

36000_3__50856.1368730165.1280.1280.jpg?c=1

There about $6-7 dollars per pair. Online you can get them in bundles.

http://www.bocaclips.com/boca-clips-beach-towel-3-piece-assortment/

Whoa!!!! Sorry such a big picture~~~ :eek:

Edited by 5326jan

Not getting into the chair hogs conversation, but there are clips sold many places that hold your towel on your chair. They're called Boca Clips. We buy at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I think you can get them at Target too...maybe Walmart? We use them on the ship and at the beach. The wind can blow your towel all over the place, even when you're sitting on it! I can also fold over a towel several times and clip it to the chair for a pillow.

36000_3__50856.1368730165.1280.1280.jpg?c=1

There about $6-7 dollars per pair. Online you can get them in bundles.

http://www.bocaclips.com/boca-clips-beach-towel-3-piece-assortment/

Whoa!!!! Sorry such a big picture~~~ :eek:

The OP is in the U.K. I doubt if there are any Target, Walmart, or Bed Bath & Beyond stores there. We use the Boca Clips too, not just on our cruise, but at the pool at home too. More than once they've kept a towel or two from blowing into the pool.;)

The OP is in the U.K. I doubt if there are any Target, Walmart, or Bed Bath & Beyond stores there. We use the Boca Clips too, not just on our cruise, but at the pool at home too. More than once they've kept a towel or two from blowing into the pool.;)

Just had a quick look you can buy Boca clips in the UK from a website called http://www.beach-accessories.co.uk £9.99 for a pair plus postage £3.49 so they do work out quite expensive compared to buying in USA :eek:

Just had a quick look you can buy Boca clips in the UK from a website called http://www.beach-accessories.co.uk £9.99 for a pair plus postage £3.49 so they do work out quite expensive compared to buying in USA :eek:

Maybe you could work out something with someone from the US on your roll call to bring you some. If you were sailing with me, I would happily do that! :) I'm sure others would feel the same.

PS I just checked the price on Bed Bath and Beyond and they are $5.99 for two clips. Plus a 20% off coupon makes them under $5!

Edited by 5326jan

Thanks guys and thanks beachbum I just found the website and will definitely be ordering a few more for future cruises....they were perfect for keeping my towel on my sunlounger, and really small and easy to throw in the case.

I've tried the clips in the past but they easily break and are bulky.....prefer this product. But thanks for replying :)

My dollar store carries plain clips with rounded clamps (like the boca clips)... they are 6 or 8 for $1, and are just plain blue or white. For those of you who don't need an alligator or flamingo... another reason to dollar store shop!