10+day itinerary offer NEW islands-but which ships offer best ship fun/amentities?

sunbelle

I've made what's suppose to be a relaxing cruise to come, an already stress induced, mind boggling decision. Would so appreciate any advice, suggestions, help :)

This is our 1st vacation in two years. Hubby & I run our business together & work crazy hard all year & are looking forward to really chill-axing, enjoying the sea days, great food, & fun island excursions.

We've previously traveled to many of the Caribbean islands & have been looking for a trip, offering a longer itinerary with new ports. Bringing our, 15, 17, 2- 22, & 23 yr old kids ( & some of their significant others)

Stressing that the 5 sea days will have them bored without the fun & games of some of the mega ships. I'm still considering Norwegian Getaway, RC Oasis/Allure & Freedom. But the itineraries are all 7 days & to islands we've visited.

However here's another issue. Hubby & I (O.k. mostly me) with 4 kids & always extra around...I want to be pampered on vaca. I want the better linens, choice of pillow, bath robes, & the "pretty" & "clean" of a newer/or refurbished ship, I want finer meals & convenient yummy snacks pool side & YES the umbrella in my drink too :p) A lot of which is offered on the "mega" ships but they're also adding so many fee's for all the extra eating establishments. Even cupcakes!

A few years back, we loved our Princess cruise with an aft pool, & the main pools movie screen during pool/sun bathing, & am hoping to find this feature on our next trip?

Is there a perfect mix of - up beat fun, food, & amenities & a beautiful ship? Is it R.C. & their mega size & price & boring itinerary? Or can it be had on a smaller ship i.e.

Norwegian Pearl 11 days or the Celebrity Constellation 9 days.

or do I just go with Carnival's 8 day Freedom, & save the extra $$ or spring for the difference & go "mega"?

Thanks guys for any input. I need to get this trip booked & just start counting the days with excitement.

P>S> anyone know any details on Pearl being dry docked for upgrades- I read there's not even a slide on pool deck???

I would choose to do a 14 day back to back on the Allure or Oasis. Doing the Eastern and Western legs. So much nicer ships with more than enough activity options ro any and all ages Those ships are a destination in themselves.

I think your kids are far too old to enjoy all the bells and whistles of the Allure class ships. Sure there's lots to do, but a lot of it is more for younger children. Plus, those ships are pricey. On the plus side, the Allure had some of the best food at sea. And the Quest game was the craziest and largest I've ever seen.

We are booked for a 11 nt on Celebrity Equinox and goes to several ports we've never been; Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, and then ones we've already been, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Belize. We paid about $100pp more for this 11 nt than we did for a 7 nt on the Allure.

I think your kids are far too old to enjoy all the bells and whistles of the Allure class ships. Sure there's lots to do, but a lot of it is more for younger children. Plus, those ships are pricey. On the plus side, the Allure had some of the best food at sea. And the Quest game was the craziest and largest I've ever seen.

We are booked for a 11 nt on Celebrity Equinox and goes to several ports we've never been; Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, and then ones we've already been, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Belize. We paid about $100pp more for this 11 nt than we did for a 7 nt on the Allure.

I agree , the ages and the 2 itineraries that the 2 mega ships do ( often visited Caribbean ports) would steer me toward the deeper Caribbean / Panama Canal aboard ships that arn't amusement parks @ sea .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Carnival Triumph has some unique 10 and 11 days cruises in Oct/Nov 2015 and Jan/Feb 2016. Not sure though if you want something out of Galveston. I am doing the B2B in Oct/Nov, and looking forward to some great ports. Some I haven't been to at all, and some not in 30+ years.

You might want to take a look at those.

Carnival Triumph has some unique 10 and 11 days cruises in Oct/Nov 2015 and Jan/Feb 2016. Not sure though if you want something out of Galveston. I am doing the B2B in Oct/Nov, and looking forward to some great ports. Some I haven't been to at all, and some not in 30+ years.

You might want to take a look at those.

Per above ... since you know you like Princes ....

Princess offers some very nice 10 day roundtrip cruises out of FLL. :)

LuLu