Balcony - Port side smoking?

fozzy1975

Not looking to start trouble...My family has a balcony on the Breeze port side deck 8 mid ship. We are non smokers and want to know if we will we smell the smoke? I am think better safe than sorry we should switch sides. If any recent Breeze travelers can help it would be helpful. Thanks!

Not looking to start trouble...My family has a balcony on the Breeze port side deck 8 mid ship. We are non smokers and want to know if we will we smell the smoke? I am think better safe than sorry we should switch sides. If any recent Breeze travelers can help it would be helpful. Thanks!

We were on Dec 10 port side two weeks ago and no smell of smoke. I am sure you are fine. You will get smells of it if you go near the smoking areas. If you are that sensitive just avoid those areas.

As of October 9th, 2014 smoking was banned on ALL balconies. Now that's not to say that everyone adheres to the ban. Occasionally, there will be a posting on here from someone that allegedly smelled cigarette smoke while on their balcony. It really won't make any difference which side of the ship you're on. You're just as likely to have a neighbor that won't obey the rules on the Port side as you would on the Starboard side.

What op is referring to is that the entire port side of the lanai on deck 5 is smoking. It is possible someone could be smoking on 5 and you could smell it on a deck 8 balcony. But I'd think the chances of that are slim to none, being three stories up.

Jaimee

What op is referring to is that the entire port side of the lanai on deck 5 is smoking. It is possible someone could be smoking on 5 and you could smell it on a deck 8 balcony. But I'd think the chances of that are slim to none, being three stories up.

Jaimee

YES! Thank you! That was exactly what I was wondering! And last I checked...I do have the right to ask whatever ever question I want. It is a public forum! :)

I could be wrong, but I am assuming Breeze is set up the same as Magic in this regard. We just cruised in a deck 8 midship balcony room (8300) on Magic, and YES, you can definitely smell smoke wafting up from the port side deck 5 smoking areas. Was it overpowering and did it keep us from enjoying our balcony? No. But could we smell it? Yes. If just the fact that you can smell smoke coming from three decks below (sorry, deniers, but it does float up), then you should switch to a starboard room if that is an option.

Based on the fact that you are concerned about it and since you asked, move. It will be one less thing to stress about. It doesn't matter if someone else could or couldn't smell the smoke. It is your cruise you need to be proactive to make it a good experience.

Hi Fozzy1975 :)

Keep in mind that if you do switch to the starboard side that there is Fat Jimmy's C-Side barbeque on the starboard side that is open on sea days from 12pm to 2:30pm.

You will most likely smell smoke from the barbecue and hear a great deal of activity from the people in the long line waiting.

Have a terrific voyage!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Hi Fozzy1975 :)

Keep in mind that if you do switch to the starboard side that there is Fat Jimmy's C-Side barbeque on the starboard side that is open on sea days from 12pm to 2:30pm.

You will most likely smell smoke from the barbecue and hear a great deal of activity from the people in the long line waiting.

Have a terrific voyage!

:)

Ahh, but given a choice, I would think most non-smokers would rather smell the aroma of a barbecue than tobacco smoke. And unless some is trying to take a nap between 12:00 - 2:30, the noise shouldn't be a factor. So maybe the Starboard side would be a better choice for the OP.

We have sailed Breeze, Magic, and Dream so we can tell you that Red Frog Pub has an outside smoking area on the port side of the Lanai, between forward and mid-ship. There are tables so people can sit out, drink, and smoke.

Actually they the smoker creatures find out who the non smokers are, and send minions to rooms 2 or 3 down from them and blow smoke from the back of the ship to the front on either side of the ship were all doomed

As of October 9th, 2014 smoking was banned on ALL balconies. Now that's not to say that everyone adheres to the ban. Occasionally, there will be a posting on here from someone that allegedly smelled cigarette smoke while on their balcony. It really won't make any difference which side of the ship you're on. You're just as likely to have a neighbor that won't obey the rules on the Port side as you would on the Starboard side.

Or on aft. Not alleged. We had a nice chat. Problem solved.

Ahh, but given a choice, I would think most non-smokers would rather smell the aroma of a barbecue than tobacco smoke. And unless some is trying to take a nap between 12:00 - 2:30, the noise shouldn't be a factor. So maybe the Starboard side would be a better choice for the OP.

I'll take BBQ smoke any day over tobacco.

From the smokestack? Maybe.

From people smoking? Maybe.

From sewage? Maybe. It's the latter that would bother me.