What to do in Montego Bay???

sastreet

We will be in Montego Bay in 2 weeks. We don't see any excursions through Carnival that we would be interested in and not really seeing anything with the tour companies. Don't want to spend time traveling to Dunns River. What would anyone suggest? Beaches are great for us, sightseeing,....really open to anything. With a lot of reviews and research on Jamaica, not sure this is going to be a great stop....but want to make it one!!!! thanks!

When we were in Montego Bay last, we headed over to Hilton Rose Hall and it was beautiful. They have several pools, water slides, lazy river and much more. I did a complete review on it and it has TONS of pictures if you are interested in checking it out. :)

When we go to a port that either we've done already or we just don't have the desire to see, we always choose a Catamaran cruise. It's never failed us. Sailing along the shore to the island music, rum punch in hand, stops for swims, dancing on board. Always a great opportunity to meet new people and get a taste for the locals.

That being said, a cute area is Doctors Cave Beach and the Hip Strip. If you want something kind of more "remote" go to the end of the road (Hip Strip) to the Dead End Beach Bar and watch the planes come in while enjoying great conversations with the locals and beautiful beach views. Nothing fancy, of course, but a nice way to spend a few hours.

Rafting on the Martha Brae is a pretty cool experience too if you want to get a little more inland and do a bit of a tour. Very relaxing and fun.

We were in Jamaica in April and went to Doctors Cave beach. We could see the cruise ships from the beach. It is a nice, clean beach with food/drink service right on the beach. We had a great time there.

Just a note about the Martha Brae rafting.......when we did this (on a different trip) the raft pulled over to the shore to do a drug deal...........yikes!..............plus we got eaten alive by mosquitoes. Never again.

We were in Jamaica in April and went to Doctors Cave beach. We could see the cruise ships from the beach. It is a nice, clean beach with food/drink service right on the beach. We had a great time there.

Just a note about the Martha Brae rafting.......when we did this (on a different trip) the raft pulled over to the shore to do a drug deal...........yikes!..............plus we got eaten alive by mosquitoes. Never again.

Aww that's too bad. Way to ruin a nice tour. And as far as the mosquitos, we've been eaten alive in Jamaica too, but only in June. All the other months we've not gotten bit. But on our June trip it rained a lot as well, I suppose that is a factor.

When we were in Montego Bay last, we headed over to Hilton Rose Hall and it was beautiful. They have several pools, water slides, lazy river and much more. I did a complete review on it and it has TONS of pictures if you are interested in checking it out. :)

Thanks for the link to your Sunset Grand review. Glad the braid issue worked out but I would have been "out of there".

Thanks for the link to your Sunset Grand review. Glad the braid issue worked out but I would have been "out of there".

Yea, I was a little out of my comfort zone with that one and it's something that I normally wouldn't do. I think what made me feel a little more comfortable about it is that we had our guys with us (and my daughters bf is a little intimidating since he's covered in tats LOL :D).

That was a very good thing. I'm also positive that is why the "kids" got delayed getting back onto the ship. They really stereotype in Jamaica. Too bad they don't police their own citizens.

Hey heyyy, whats that supposed to mean??

How do I get to your review pages?

How do I get to your review pages?

Every time I post, my signature line post with it. Go below here to my signature line, find Jamaica and click on "Hilton Rose Hall" and it will take you there. You might have to scroll down to find the beginning of the post (which usually last for several pages with pictures). :)

Just make sure you get out of MoBay and do something ... do anything other than stay in MoBay. ;)

LuLu

Actually staying in mobay is probably your best bet at finding something to do, unless you want to waste like 3hrs of driving time by going to negril or ocho rios. There are tons of touristy things to do in mobay.