Transportation from airport to port

rascle24

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale and need to find transportation to and from the Port of Miami. I tried to find transportation by celebrity but got nowhere. I know their must be taxi's or shuttles but Ft. Lauderdale is about an hour away from the Port. Does anybody have any info on a convenient transportation solution?

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale and need to find transportation to and from the Port of Miami. I tried to find transportation by celebrity but got nowhere. I know their must be taxi's or shuttles but Ft. Lauderdale is about an hour away from the Port. Does anybody have any info on a convenient transportation solution?

SAS Transportation or QLS seems to be the most popular shuttles......(be sure you prebook both going & coming back!!!)

Some of the local Miami people here on the boards can probably give you a more accurate cost of these companies vs taxi cab costs.

Edited by GTO-Girl

A taxi from FLL to POM/downtown Miami will run, on the meter, about $80+ Not bad if you split it among 4 or more travelling together. Private car and limo service is also available - Go Airport has town cars for about $90+ or you can check with Larry's Limos.

Shared shuttle service to FLL starts at about $15 per person each way - in addition to SAS & QLS check out Go Airport, MJS and others.

If you are flying into FLL a day or so ahead of your cruise (always a smart move ;)) check the shuttle company web sites to see if they can pick up at your hotel and save you the trip back to FLL just to catch your shuttle.

• 1 month later...

We flew into FLL via southwest and only had FLL as an airport option. We contacted SAS and they were wonderful! They were waiting for us at the airport when our plane landed. They called me before I could even look up their phone number. They were also very prompt on the way back from the cruise returning to the airport. We stayed at the Holiday Inn port of Miami in Downtown Miami. I would highly recommend it if you won't have a car with you. There's a shopping center across the street and a CVS down the street where you can buy thing you may have forgotten or still need for your trip. Also Bayside marketplace, the place across the street, has several restaurants to choose from. All of that you can walk to from the Holiday Inn.

For the actual cruise day you can easily get a taxi and it won't be very expensive. I think for my husband and I it was around $8 plus tip.