Cruise Junky - Looking for You

Diva Onboard

Looking for "Cruise Junky" - I noticed that you were on the Solstice in April 2014 Hawaii/Vancouver.

Do you recall how many formal nights you had and what days of the cruise they were held?

We are also wondering if Luggage Valet was offered through the cruise ship with United Airlines departing from Vancouver International Airport.

Any help will be so appreciated. Thanks.

Elaine

Hi there. Pretty sure we had 2 formal nights. I have the dailies at home will check for you tonight. I would have ignored anything to do with luggage as we live in Vancouver but I'll check to see if the dailies have any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I know they usually have three formal nights on a ten night or longer but I think this is a more relaxed, casual itinerary. We want to make a specialty restaurant reservation for a birthday celebration but don't want to do it on the same night(s) as what would be a formal night. I also know that formal nights are up in the air most of the time, depending on the whim of the captain.

I so appreciate you checking this out for us when you have time - that and any info you might find on the luggage valet situation. Offered in some ports - not in others, with some airlines and not with others.

You are a good person!

Elaine

Luggage Valet is not a service offered at Vancouver, as I recall. Even at ports where it is offered, (FLL, MIA) they don't have it set up after the repositioning cruise -- too many clearances for the ship to go through after crossing the ocean. I would not expect to have it after a Transpacific.

We were also on this cruise and really enjoyed it. We stayed on for Alaska and it was a great trip. We enjoyed it so much we have booked for 2016 to do the B2B in the opposite direction ending up in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Solstice Vancouver to Hawaii last Sept-Oct 2014. The daily when we got on the ship had 2 formal evenings. 3/4 through the cruise they added a 3 formal night. As we are Elite Plus they offered the 6 of us and others 50% off Murano restaurant. We had the private dining room it was great.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I am curious what the crossing was like? I am doing this cruise in April and have no idea what to expect. Rough, calm, sunny, rainy?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

April was very calm and flat. We had some swells in Maui when we were tendering but the 5 days at sea were flat. Almost eerie

• 2 weeks later...

Cruise Junky - you are simply the best. If you don't mind, believe it or not, I thought of two more questions.

Do you remember -

1. The time you had to be onboard for the overnight in Honolulu, and

2. The time of the last tender returning to the ship on the overnight in Maui.

I know everyone appreciates your help. Thank you so much.

Elaine

Cruise Junky - you are simply the best. If you don't mind, believe it or not, I thought of two more questions.

Do you remember -

1. The time you had to be onboard for the overnight in Honolulu, and

2. The time of the last tender returning to the ship on the overnight in Maui.

I know everyone appreciates your help. Thank you so much.

Elaine

We didn't have an overnight in Maui, just one day. Can't see anything about a time limit for the overnight in Honolulu.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruise Junky -

I'm double checking with you on that muster time. You mentioned it was at 4:30 PM the second day in Honolulu. We will be in Honolulu on 4/20 and 4/21.

On 4/21 we are not scheduled to depart until 11:59 PM. If muster is at 4:30, we will need to be onboard ship early? Do you recall the time you departed Honolulu on that second day?

Thanks.

Cruise Junky -

I'm double checking with you on that muster time. You mentioned it was at 4:30 PM the second day in Honolulu. We will be in Honolulu on 4/20 and 4/21.

On 4/21 we are not scheduled to depart until 11:59 PM. If muster is at 4:30, we will need to be onboard ship early? Do you recall the time you departed Honolulu on that second day?

Thanks.

We left at 6. So given your departure time and dinner I have no idea when your muster will be.