Are returning customers acknowledged ?

Are returning customers acknowledged ?

Question I asked on pre travel email reply

Thank you for your email, Please be advised we do run a cruise loyalty scheme which is managed by our cruise operations team.

Customers identified will be provided with gifts/services on-board, however we are unable to confirm this pre departure.

If we can be of any further assistance please refer back to us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

luck of the draw, free key ring with every 10th cruise ? :D

Yes - but it does not appear to be a uniformly applied benefit.

We've twice had £25 complimentary onboard credit put on our account - think it was on Spirit, and probably administered locally, ship by ship.

Don't quote me on that - just a casual observation.

On Discovery in cruise news they asked any cruisers with lots of cruises under their belts to register with reception if they wanted. We had a reception of sorts in the Venue with free booze.

why is it that cruise ship bubbly always tastes as if it has just been manufactured down in the bowels of the ship :eek:

As the stuff on Discovery tasted just like the stuff on P&O maybe they have a powder mix :D

First I have heard about loyality, I did ask the question once on board about returning customers, was just told thank you for coming back lol!

I mind completing customer opinion surveys, or something similar, always assumed that's how they collected details for possible future cruise goodies - the booking computer would flag up a returning customer ?

Of course that could be a load of mince !!!

Never seen a form to state that I am a returning customer and we didnt get a form at the end of the holiday on my last 2 cruises, we were told that you will receive an email satisfaction form on your return, never have received one even though they have my e mail address, they probably dont really care that much.

It'd an Embarkation form which is online.

Is the embarkation form working again? i've filled it in two or three times - no recognition as a returning passenger. Last couple of cruises it wasn't available. Looked for it this time and can't find it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just tried it on that link and underneath the login it states 'the embarkation form cannot be processed at the moment'. I logged in to see what would happen and it allowed me to complete it and submit it but I doubt if it will be processed.[emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It really doesn't create a good feeling that you are actively having to in effect ask for something though or chase it up. Or that it's so hit and miss and whether or not you get anything - or come to that that the 'rewards' are so variable. Why can't they adopt something which would be consistent and transparent and fair?

I accept they haven't got the historical data but they could do their best to gather it from passengers and at least start from now with a scheme which people understand and don't feel is unfairly administered. I have travelled a lot with Thomson, don't really care whether I get recognition or not but do find the fact that some get acknowledged and others don't quite unpalatable - it doesn't make for good PR.

We were once on a staff table on Gala night and there was a couple who were die-hard P&O customers. This was their first Thomson cruise and they had little good to say about it. Very uncharitable - even if that's what they thought it was certainly not the time to express those views since they were definitely being treated to a special occasion. I can only imagine it was a lucky dip kind of invitation as others on the tale were celebrating special events etc. But given there would have been loads of regulars on that cruise it definitely made me feel indignant that they had been wined and dined at the expense of some other passengers. Again not good. And I bet they regaled everyone at dinner from there on in with their tales of dining at the top table!!!! Argghhhhh!

Totally agree with you Kruzeeka with the exception of one point I think they do have historical data and the reason why I say that is when we received our etickets in July I filled out the embarkation form and a week later I received a 'confirmation/eticket', checking it all out, as you do, the only change I could find was they had included 'Anniversary' in special request as it is not our anniversary and I had not asked for anything I phoned and asked why, long story but they replied that they wanted to inform the ship that it was our fiftieth week on board a Thomson ship:eek: but think they got that wrong as I think it was last year when we celebrated our golden wedding at the same time;)

Edited by Pensioncruiser
wrong date

Totally agree with you Kruzeeka with the exception of one point I think they do have historical data and the reason why I say that is when we received our etickets in July I filled out the embarkation form and a week later I received a 'confirmation/eticket', checking it all out, as you do, the only change I could find was they had included 'Anniversary' in special request as it is not our anniversary and I had not asked for anything I phoned and asked why, long story but they replied that they wanted to inform the ship that it was our fiftieth week on board a Thomson ship:eek: but think they got that wrong as I think it was last year when we celebrated our golden wedding at the same time;)

Well that's interesting PC I always understood that the rationale for having such a patchy 'rewards' approach was because they claimed not to have historical info. If they have then it's awful that some on here have reported that despite having quite a few cruises under their belts have slipped through the net and got nothing.

You were lucky - even if the timing wasn't quite right. :D But absolutely appropriate that such a milestone should be acknowledged. Hope you enjoyed your treat. ;)

We have had on board spend as recognition for every cruise after the first cruise. We always filled in the form electronically. Last September we had a family cruise and as well as our own cabin we booked 3 double berth cabins plus a single. We were the only people in our party who had cruised before with Thomson and again we received on board credit.

The only cruise we haven't been recognised as return customers was on the TA on the Dream earlier this year. We were told that we should collect a form to complete from reception and to return the form to the social hostess. We asked for the form at reception and they told us to we had to get it from the social hostess so we tracked her down and she said we needed to get the form from reception. She did eventually give us a form to fill in and said to hand it in at reception , we duly tried to hand it in but they said we had to give it to the social hostess. I was all for binning the form and forgetting about it by this stage however my DH has a stubborn streak at times and was determined to hand it in . So we tracked down the social hostess who tried to get us to hand it in at reception and after confirming reception would hand it on to her she reluctantly agreed to take it. Needless to say we didn't receive any return customer recognition and strangely the social hostess never appeared to recognise us when our paths crossed.

We are on the Spirit in October so will be waiting to see if we will be recognised or not.

It'd an Embarkation form which is online.

Hi PC, the embarkation form you refer to, do you have to fill out only we went on our first cruise last year and never saw one or was asked to fill one out, just wondering has we are off on the Majesty on 30th August ?

No its not mandatary and I have never seen a hard copy always do mine on line before we go. I have just had a look and it is open and working as I have put my info in for next years cruises. You open it up with the info that you put in for select your seat, name date of travel and ref No on the link I have posted above, they are basically asking for your email and home address, which they already have, and a tick box to say if you require any offers:rolleyes: