Ships refurbishments

jessybell

Hurrah....at long last Fred has realised that whilst the crew, fun factor and food are wonderful,the furnishings are past their sell by date. I hope the theatres are also refurbished. Will definitely now consider booking another cruise on Balmoral in the future.......perhaps they can soundproof the newer cabins at the same time?

This is their press release.

http://media.fredolsencruises.com/pressreleases/fred-olsen-cruise-lines-black-watch-braemar-and-balmoral-to-undergo-refurbishment-at-hamburg-s-blohm-voss-in-november-and-december-2014-1080135

Hope all goes well as we are on Balmoral for the two night mini cruise to France immediately after dry dock, followed by the Christmas/New Year cruise.

Alan

Berkshireboy,

Thank you for posting the link re-refurbishments.

We are on the Black Watch for christmas so she will be spick and span when we board.

I am interested in the coffee & chocolates service, has anybody got any feed back on what it is like and also some prices?

Susan

This is their press release.

http://media.fredolsencruises.com/pressreleases/fred-olsen-cruise-lines-black-watch-braemar-and-balmoral-to-undergo-refurbishment-at-hamburg-s-blohm-voss-in-november-and-december-2014-1080135

Hope all goes well as we are on Balmoral for the two night mini cruise to France immediately after dry dock, followed by the Christmas/New Year cruise.

Alan

We're on that one too :):)

Presumably the 27 cabins on Lido Deck that are to be fitted with 'Balcony Terraces' are those which at present have windows looking out onto the Open Promenade. How is that going to work I wonder.

I looked at the link again last night and was puzzled by the referrence to new terraces - I could only presume that part of the prominade deck will be taken out of public use and made into terraces for those cabins. I have not been on Black Watch, but would presume the width mentioned will only narrow the promenade deck, rather than remove all access to the deck in that part of the ship. A strange set up, which I am not so sure I would like. I note that next years brochure does not show the new configuration, so suspect it is a relatively new plan.

From our point of view Braemar will be spruced up for our cruise in Nov/Dec and Balmoral for our cruise in May. I just hope all is sorted in dry dock though and there is no problematic ongoing work when we are onboard Braemar.

We have now received our ticket for both Braemar cruises, but have not got a flight ticket for our return to Manchester on 16th Dec. I assume that will come soon, or perhaps they are given out on the ship (it is our first fly cruise with Fred).

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...

I would immagine that the new terrace balconies will be something like these on the left of the Amadeas Promenade deck, just a portioned of area so only semi private. or they could be like HALs lanai cabins that are just a balcony door directly onto prom with no partition.

2_prom16-377x505.jpg

• 2 weeks later...