Danube In November ?

WAPAVO

I am doing A Nuremberg to Budapest Cruise Nov 20 to 27, 2014.

Has anyone done the Danube around these dates in the past?

What kind of weather can I expect? Would appreciate some advice so I don't pack too much clothes or the wrong type of clothing.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but we're presently on the Rhine. The weather has been colder than the forecasts we read before we left. Luckily we've brought enough layers to cope. Too cold to enjoy our balcony so far. My point is to be ready for cold weather in November, even though you will be south of us, of course. Still pleasant at our excursion stops because there are way fewer tourists than in the warmer months, of course.

Bon voyage!

I am doing A Nuremberg to Budapest Cruise Nov 20 to 27, 2014.

Has anyone done the Danube around these dates in the past?

What kind of weather can I expect? Would appreciate some advice so I don't pack too much clothes or the wrong type of clothing.

We have done this several times at that time of year. You will just be missing the Christmas markets (might catch an early one in Nuremberg and if you do, don't miss their Lebkuchen and sausages, yumm :)) and we have had wide variations on the weather in this area at that time of year.

Be prepared for cold, possible rain or snow. Pack so you can dress in layers. I suggest a waterproof coat or longer jacket, comfy waterproof shoes that are good on uneven surfaces (2 pair), gloves, scarf, hat. I wear cords and jeans for daytime exploring and my preference are Nike (or similar) half zip tops that I can layer over a base layer if needed or wear on their own. Packable down is my go to for outerwear for warmth without bulk and weight. My husband prefers heavier weight docker type slacks in black and turtleneck or sweater for daytime with packable down outwear.

Edited by caviargal

Christmas markets along the Danube, opening dates:

Budapest - 28 Nov 14 to 31 Dec 14

Vienna - 15 Nov 14 to 24 Dec 14

Vienna Schönbrunn - 22 Nov 14 to 26 Dec 14

Linz - 22 Nov 14 to 24 Dec 14

Salzburg - 20 Nov 14 to 26 Dec 14

Passau - 26 Nov 14 to 23. Dec 14

Regensburg - 27. Nov 14 to 23. Dec 14

Nurmburg - 28 Nov 14 to 24 Dec 14

Rotenburg -28 Nov 14 to 23 Dec 14