10-2-14 Thursday Weigh-In..I'm Back (I Hope)!

Belle

It's October, Fall they say

Different weather on this Weigh-In day

Some have a heat wave, rain or snow

Some do have the fall weather so who knows

It's hard to believe the Holidays are near

Holloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's will be here

All I know there will be to much food and sweets around

Need to start now to tell ourselves NO and to remember the sound

For me the food not so bad, it's the sweets that call my name

Does the food get you or are you and me the same

Portion control, exercise and water intake is the best

Doing all these put us to the test

Need to lose for sure but not to have a gain would be Great

Not having to lose same weight again, Good..Get that Straight

Yes it was internet, husband and mothers health.

Think I have the internet fixed for good. (just won't hold by breath)

Mother is holding her own, sometimes knows me other times not.

Dealing with her new insurance and Dr. apps.

Husband not doing good, not eating enough, losing weight, not talking

not knowing me more times then not. Hasn't been easy, it's hard

seeing your husband not being your husband. Taking care of him 24/7

I'm not sleeping well or eating right. Why I'm on computer at night,

that's my time alone.

Ok enough about me. Sounds like some are losing very well but you

all are doing good. Coming here each Thursday and being accountable.

Good Work!

Welcome Back those who took cruises and Bon Voyages to those

taking them soon.

Thank you all for starting the Weight loss thread on Thurdays while

I was not here.

I missed and love you all..your all caring people. Thanks.

Belle - I'm sorry about everything you are going through .. its so difficult.

I don't seem to be doing well at this time with my weight lose - I'll keep posting though - I seem to be gaining ... I'm not eating a lot until the evenings and then I can't seem to stop. Mostly chocolate and chips.

Good luck to all this week. Jan

Hello all. Good to hear from you Belle, even with all the challenges you face each and every day, you take a moment to write a poem and stay in contact with a bunch of strangers!

Me, down 1 to 190 - ooooooooooh if I can stay the course...

My daughter had a bike flat at school so she learned to fix it last night with the old man [emoji1], and at the same time tuned mine up. Weather HAS turned the corner here, so time to get back on and get some miles in!

Good luck all.

HI all!

Belle ~ thanks for the ditty:D So nice to see you back but sorry for the problems that keep you away.

Jan ~ I have the same problem, it's my after dinner eating that does me in. Best not to buy the stuff but so hard to do! I'm up 3 lbs from this time last year but for the week I'm down 4/10 lb.

shootr ~ good going! Great to teach DD how to fix the tire herself. DH showed me how to change the car tire but I forgot.;) Loved your picture of Paris on the previous thread.

Good luck & have a great week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Belle, I am happy to see you are back and I am so sorry for all the problems you are having with your mother and your husband.

shootr and Jo, good going.

Jan, I know how frustrating it can be...I have been there all to often.

I am the same. I thought for sure that I would have a loss, but that didn't happen. Hopefully, next week.

Rose

Good Morning,

I lost 1 lb., that's 3 lbs. I the last 2 weeks. Cruise time for me next Saturday, hoping I can lose another lb. or 2.

Belle, glad you're back. I'm so sorry your mom and husband are not doing well.

Jo, Jan, Shootr and Rose, you are doing well. Like Shootr says, stay the course.

Have a good week. Diana

Belle - I'm so sorry for what you're going through with your mom & husband. I can't imagine how hard that must be. :(

I don't know what's going on with my weight; it's fluctuating like crazy lately. Last week I unexpectedly lost 2.4, and this week I unexpectedly gained 3.8. I feel like my eating & exercise have stayed pretty consistent, so I'm confused. :confused:

I'd like to lose a few pounds before my upcoming Vegas trip, but I know I'm healthy and have decided I'm not going to stress about it like I used to. It's been nice enjoying dinners with my family instead of running off to the gym in the evenings, not turning down invitations to hang out with friends just to avoid the food, and not having to say "no" every time my husband offers me a glass of wine. I've decided to enjoy life rather than letting the number on the scale dictate my happiness. (That's not to say I'm not hoping to post a loss next Thursday! ;) )

Congrats to all who lost weight this week and all those who didn't but aren't giving up, and good luck to everyone in the upcoming week! :)

Edited by perkyblue

Let your clothes be the judge - don't know who said that but as long as I fit comfortably into the smaller parts of my wardrobe, then scale be damned!

But it does give me a heads up when I stray more than I think and am on a bad upward trend.

Aaaaah, 16 miles this morning on the bike - and the sun's just coming up! Left knee is the only thing telling me I'm almost 50 - like I care!

Eating tip: Wife has been bugging me to go to popeyes chicken (commercials do work) so got the nutritional information off the website. Their "blackened" tenders are only 60 calories each! 5 of them with mashed potatoes is 410 calories and way low in fat.

Headed to the swap meet again then lazing away the day. Have a good weekend everyone.

Oh man, might I be getting into a rhythm?

Did another 11 miles on the bike this morning before work, 15.5mph avg around the mall parking lot and parking garage.

Anybody do anything good this weekend? Walk the dog, babysit a grandkid...

Got 3 hours in at the swap meet just wandering around. Scored a hat, a rug (for the floor - not my head), and an airbrushed license plate for my newly driving 16 year old son. He looks 12 and everyone comments on it, so the plate says: I'M LEGAL!!! REALLY!!! A Christmas present I figure.

Ate pretty bad Saturday but the exercise hopefully offset it, did better Sunday.

Hope your week goes well and see you all Thursday.

HI all!

shootr ~ that 's a great gift for your son! You're doing a fine job of checking out calories & exercising!

Nice to see more folks reporting. Good for the losses & there's always next time to the gainers!;)

I've got to work harder as I don't want to be this heavy for my cruise in 32 days!

Have a great week & see you Thursday.

~ Jo ~ :)