Toiletries etc in cabin

TotallyAngelic

HI

Can anyone tell me what ( if any ) free toiletries are in your cabin on P&O ( not suite or anything ) - just so I know what I can omit from my packing.

Also is the hairdryer a decent one.

Finally do they provide flannels.

Thank you :D:D:D

Flannels yes they are provided

Toiletries are the white company in every cabin-I think suites may just get bigger bottles.

Hairdryer....I have short hair that is lucky if its shown anything above a comb, but from what people have posted if you want a powerful one ,best to take your own.

I always take my own shampoo.

HI

Can anyone tell me what ( if any ) free toiletries are in your cabin on P&O ( not suite or anything ) - just so I know what I can omit from my packing.

Also is the hairdryer a decent one.

Finally do they provide flannels.

Thank you :D:D:D

according to their help and advice section on their website .....

Included in your toiletries pack in a standard cabin will be:

100ml Shampoo

100ml Conditioner

100ml Hand and body moisturising lotion

40g P&O soap

Shower cap

Fixed bottle of Shower gel

When we were last on board these were from "The White Company" and were verynice. Flannels are provided.

The Hairdryer we had on Azura was very good. On Arcadia was less so!

Edited by Mysticalmother

As stated, provided toiletries are from The White Company, in the Flowers fragrance. I really like it, and have had no problem getting the bottles replenished when they are empty.

My hair is shoulder length and the shampoo and conditioner are good enough that I don't feel the need to carry on my preferred at home brand.

I find the hairdryer is fine, but I just take the dampness out of my hair, and don't try and style it.

I always take my own hairdryer as I have thick hair and if I used the one provided it would take ages to blow dry my hair. In some ships - can't remember which - the hairdryer was one of those fixed on the wall type, in the bathroom, which are useless.

Thank you everyone. I probably will take my hairdryer as have thick unruly hair which freaks out in warmer climates so great to get that feedback. :D

Made me smile! I have thin, fine straight hair that does exactly what it wants and nothing I ever do with a hair dryer makes any difference! :mad:

The hair dryer on Britannia was fine and I too have thick hair that goes fuzzy in the heat! Great! I find the white company shampoo and conditioner excellent and are replenished regularly. Last time I took about 6 large Velcro type rollers to put in my hair while I was doing my makeup on the recommend of the hairdresser. What a difference.

An American here thinking about taking a P&O cruise, so I'm trying to educate myself and read as many posts as possible. What is a flannel - I'm guessing it might be a washcloth? Sorry in advance if that's not a good guess!

Also, am I correct is assuming I will need a converter and adaptor to use my curling iron, or are the ships like some that have 110 and 240?

Edited by mek

An American here thinking about taking a P&O cruise, so I'm trying to educate myself and read as many posts as possible. What is a flannel - I'm guessing it might be a washcloth? Sorry in advance if that's not a good guess!

Also, am I correct is assuming I will need a converter and adaptor to use my curling iron, or are the ships like some that have 110 and 240?

You have guessed correctly. I've always hated the word flannel!

Can't help with your other question, sorry.

I know it wasn't intentionally funny but this made my husband and I laugh. I then had to google the origin of the word flannel, apparently it's the sort of fabric they were once made from. I work with American colleagues and we have had many laughs borne out of things like this!

The sockets are all three pin sockets, not sure about anything else.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

I know it wasn't intentionally funny but this made my husband and I laugh. I then had to google the origin of the word flannel, apparently it's the sort of fabric they were once made from. I work with American colleagues and we have had many laughs borne out of things like this!

It is strange how many different words we have for the same thing in USA and UK :D The one that always makes me giggle is "thong" - same word used for 2 very different items of clothing :D:D

Always interesting the different names we have for similar things. Flannels in UK, washcloths in US, 'washers' in Oz, yep the same as we call those things that you often use with nuts and bolts!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Always interesting the different names we have for similar things. Flannels in UK, washcloths in US, 'washers' in Oz, yep the same as we call those things that you often use with nuts and bolts!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

..or....Facecloth. Not sure what they would call the bit of toweling one uses for the other parts of the body though...:D:D