We keep jumping bookings! Advice?

Hi new friends.

Long time lurker, first time posting.

We keep jumping around what NCL cruise we want to do.

Right now we are set up for the Western Caribbean (Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize) on the Getaway (only after changing from the same itinerary on Escape) beginning of March.

Now, we keep looking changing it to the Eastern itinerary on the Epic near end of March instead.

It's my family of 4 (two daughters age 6&3) and my mom and sister with us.

I've used the search bar and the word "EPIC" is used in too many reviews for me to find a trip report to read.

We are a beach loving, adventurous Florida family.

First time NCL cruiser but have cruised before (not a fan of Nassau)

So, talk to me...

What would you do?

Stay where are planned or jump ship to the smaller one?

Not really looking at the Escape on that itinerary because I didn't like Nassau, but should I?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't have experience with either ship you are looking at, but you mentioned that one is a smaller ship. Some prefer the smaller ships. I do. Since the itinerary is the same, perhaps the merits of the two different sized ships is what you could look at as you decide.

Hi new friends.

Long time lurker, first time posting.

We keep jumping around what NCL cruise we want to do.

Right now we are set up for the Western Caribbean (Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize) on the Getaway (only after changing from the same itinerary on Escape) beginning of March.

Now, we keep looking changing it to the Eastern itinerary on the Epic near end of March instead.

It's my family of 4 (two daughters age 6&3) and my mom and sister with us.

I've used the search bar and the word "EPIC" is used in too many reviews for me to find a trip report to read.

First time NCL cruiser but have cruised before (not a fan of Nassau)

So, talk to me...

What would you do?

Not really looking at the Escape on that itinerary because I didn't like Nassau, but should I?

Thank you in advance.

No to Epic.

. . .

. . .

This part of your post answer your question. Stick with Western. The beaches and snorkeling are better on the western itineraries.

We like Belize much so I would prefer the Western.

NCL does not go to Belize, they go to a private island off the coast of Belize. The two should not be confused because they are not at all alike.

check out the differences between the two ships as well. We have done both: the balcony on epic was larger but bathroom set up a bit odd. We loved the waterfront on Getaway and would choose it for that alone! I too prefer the Western itinerary.

What would you do?

Just to clarify - the size difference isn't huge but Epic is bigger and holds more passengers. Also the Epic has weird bathroom layouts so youtube some cabin videos to get an idea.

I wouldn't add the Escape itinerary into the mix unless the price was great as I'm pretty tired of the Bahamas - Florida cruises. You should look into the ports & decide what is best for your family.

I have been on the Epic and Escape and loved both. Escape has a lot more bells and whistles though. As mentioned the Epic bathroom layout (or non bathroom as I call it) is odd. You walk in to your cabin and one side is a shower stall and the the other is a toilet chamber... ahead in the cabin is the sink (out in the open) and then a curtain and the rest of the cabin. I was on the Epic twice, once with a mini suite, once regular balcony and the mini suite shower stall is the largest I have had on a ship, so even with odd layout, liked it. Mini suite is the way to go on the Epic. As far as the Bahamas, I agree, but last time got a day pass to all inclusive Riu resort and it was FANTASTIC... great beach, pool and food. Didn't feel like I was in Nassau. I think all three choices would be fantastic, so I would go with best price/cabin I could get to be honest. If money is not a factor, then I would go Escape.