Carnival Hub on Splendor and other questions.

cloudninecat

We're getting ready to go on the Carnival Splendor with my family in a few weeks. There are 6 of us with 3 Aft Balcony cabins. I know that 2 of them are connecting and we've put our youngest daughter in in there with her friend. My question is who do we ask to open the door between the balconies, the steward or guest services? When is the best time to ask? Before the cruise or can it wait until you get on?

The other question, has anyone tried the Carnival Hub chat on Splendor? We'll be participating in separate activities during most of the day as our interest vary but would like to meet up for dinner each night (we all have anytime) and perhaps other times and figured the chat feature would be an economical way all keep in touch. We're footing the bill for all 6 of us so we're looking for the cheapest option.

TIA

Also, do the laundry facilities operate on the sign and sail card or on quarters?

We were on the Glory and then we were on the Splendor the next week. I went to guest services to find out if the Splendor laundry used quarters or S&S card. They sold me a big bag of quarters. After we boarded Splendor I went down to do laundry and they only accepted the S&S cards. You would think one ship might know what the other ships uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Hub app works on the Splendor, we just used it to keep in touch with our 13 year old. Also for 6 people you're only looking at $30 for the chat feature for your sailing.

The laundry uses your S&S card. We did that too. lol

The Hub app works on the Splendor, we just used it to keep in touch with our 13 year old. Also for 6 people you're only looking at $30 for the chat feature for your sailing.

The laundry uses your S&S card. We did that too. lol

Cool. Thanks.

We were on the Splendor in Feb 2017. We had our balcony dividers opened up. We asked our steward 1st, but was told to call guest services so the order could be submitted. I believe our room steward actually opened it, so I'd start there. Occupants of both cabins have to agree to it though.

We used the Hub app to keep up with each other. As stated above, it was $5 for the entire cruise per device. I personally didn't like the chat feature, It seemed to take awhile for the text to appear on my phone & there wasn't any type of alert to let you know you had a message. Maybe this was just my phone. I will spend the $5 again next cruise to see if the service has improved.

I can't answer about the laundry area, it was not functional for our cruise or so we were told.

Have a great cruise.

We were on the Glory and then we were on the Splendor the next week. I went to guest services to find out if the Splendor laundry used quarters or S&S card. They sold me a big bag of quarters. After we boarded Splendor I went down to do laundry and they only accepted the S&S cards. You would think one ship might know what the other ships uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They were probably going off Carnivals website that shows the Splendor still takes quarters. I just looked today to see if I needed to buy a roll of quarters before our cruise this weekend. So glad I saw this post!

We're getting ready to go on the Carnival Splendor with my family in a few weeks. There are 6 of us with 3 Aft Balcony cabins. I know that 2 of them are connecting and we've put our youngest daughter in in there with her friend. My question is who do we ask to open the door between the balconies, the steward or guest services? When is the best time to ask? Before the cruise or can it wait until you get on?

TIA

The steward can unlock the inside connecting door. For the balcony divider you need to go to guest services. One from each room will need to sign to have it opened. It usually gets opened the next day, not on boarding day.

The steward can unlock the inside connecting door. For the balcony divider you need to go to guest services. One from each room will need to sign to have it opened. It usually gets opened the next day, not on boarding day.

Just the balconies connect. Not the rooms. My 15 year old daughter and her 18 year old friend are booked in the room next door. On the aft balconies it's just a door that opens, not the whole divider so I was wondering if it could be done easily by the steward or if you still had to go through guest services. I figured I'd head to guest services as soon as we got on if we needed them to do it. I'm guessing that the 18 year old will have to go with me as she is the only adult in the room. The bookings are all under my account if that matters.

No 2.0 on the Splendor; however, you will have wonderful Tandoor on the aft Lido Deck and there is a Burrito Bar in the main Buffet area as well as the Mongolian Wok station. The Grill is not Guys burgers but they did have a topping area.

The Hub app was great for us. Free to download and use the basic features such as maps, schedules etc. $5 per person to sign up for the chat feature. I did get an alert and "ding" when I had a new chat message. I did a B2B and first leg was with my adult daughter - we used the chat feature a few times to meet up etc. and she enjoyed it to chat with and meet up with people that she met on the cruise. Sure beats the old method of dry erase boards and post it notes which force you to go back to the cabin to view them :)

No 2.0 on the Splendor; however, you will have wonderful Tandoor on the aft Lido Deck and there is a Burrito Bar in the main Buffet area as well as the Mongolian Wok station. The Grill is not Guys burgers but they did have a topping area.

The Hub app was great for us. Free to download and use the basic features such as maps, schedules etc. $5 per person to sign up for the chat feature. I did get an alert and "ding" when I had a new chat message. I did a B2B and first leg was with my adult daughter - we used the chat feature a few times to meet up etc. and she enjoyed it to chat with and meet up with people that she met on the cruise. Sure beats the old method of dry erase boards and post it notes which force you to go back to the cabin to view them :)

Don't forget the BBQ restaurant on the Splendor. It's very good also. :)

I'm not a big Chinese food lover, something that they use makes me sick to my stomach so I'll stay away from the Mongolian Wok. I'm guessing its the oil they use. I was wondering how those other options were. I haven't had a lot of Indian food so I may give it a shot. Is it one of the free options or do you have to pay extra? I don't want to have to pay extra only to find out it makes me sick too. Is there something you recommend from there? I like a little spicy but not so spicy it burns you for hours afterward. I'm also not a huge curry fan.