Just curious in case of late arrival back to port

pntnnc

If your ship comes back late and you have a flight to catch is it difficult to get another flight? Our flight is at 12 on day we get back. There are later flights too but I wonder do airlines work with you to reschedule? I will have insurance but would assume you would have to pay again and get reimbursed? I just like to have an idea just in case if anyone has ever this experience. This will be our first time flying in before and after.

You would call the airline, and see about a later flight. Although that is a RARE event, being late back to home port. Galveston is one of those ports where fog can "upset the applecart"....

Yes..insurance should reimburse you for any additional expenses.

If your ship comes back late and you have a flight to catch is it difficult to get another flight? Our flight is at 12 on day we get back. There are later flights too but I wonder do airlines work with you to reschedule? I will have insurance but would assume you would have to pay again and get reimbursed? I just like to have an idea just in case if anyone has ever this experience. This will be our first time flying in before and after.

Every airline has their own rules.. best to check with your particular airline.

At the very least you may encounter change fees ( sometimes $250 plus flight differences) unless it is Southwest

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on the airline, depends on your status on that airline, depends on the "fare rules" associated with the class of ticket you purchased, depends on the agreements the airline has with other airlines, depends on lots of things. No one here can answer your question without tons more info. Even then I would be skeptical of answers on CC, as folks here seem to repeat the answers frequent posters have provided and often the answers just aren't correct as all the variables need to be considered on this one. There is no standard answer.

For example, having a status in one of the "Million Miler" tiers on United (this is achieved by actual miles flown) and flying a Star Alliance airline provides a much different answer to this question than I have ever seen on this site. All airlines have perks that kick in when rescheduling based on status.

I suggest looking for the answer on the airline website or one of the many airline blogs rather than a cruise board.

It depends on what type of ticket you have bought and the airline's rules.

Most folks buy the least expensive tickets which means you cannot just change flights easily without paying a change fee+fare difference in cost.

IF you have booked on Southwest then that is totally different as they have a very generous change policy where you can change without a fee but just pay the fare difference if there is one.

Some airlines have a $50(very small in comparison) same day change fee but others will charge you more like $150!!

Personally I'd be more concerned about delays on the front end of my trip which could impact boarding the ship- unless you're flying in the day before! I figure I can always get home, there will be another flight if I miss the one to take me home, but if there are flight delays and I miss boarding the ship, I'm fubar'd...

Even if there are flights scheduled after your 12:00 flight, that doesn't mean you'll get a seat. During busy times (e.g. summer vacation and holidays), all flights can be totally booked and you might not get a flight until a day (or even two days) later.

Airlines used to put passengers in cases such as this on the next flight out, no matter which airline was flying next. Now, they can make you wait for a flight on THEIR airline.

But, as already stated so many times...it depends.