Vista 6 Day VS Glory 7 Day

Pepsigirls

I am so conflicted. I am currently booked on the Vista 6 (I have done the itinerary but wanted to try the ship} day but considering changing to the Glory to do the 7 day Exotic Eastern (never done the ship or itinerary). Hellllppppp!!!!

We're doing the Glory 7 day at the end of this month - then we are going on the Vista for the 6 day April 2018. We've been on the Glory before, but we went out of NYC to Canada. That was our first cruise. We LOVED the Glory - but that was our first cruise and we also fell in love with cruising. I love the itinerary for the Glory cruise. We've been to Half Moon Cay before, but I would live there if I could. We've also been to Grand Turk... but I'm really looking forward to St. Thomas and San Juan. We've never been there.

I would definitely do the Glory if I were you. The itinerary is the most important thing to me. The ship matters a lot as well. Even though Vista is newer there are still some things on the Glory which is done better.

Which is more important to you? The ship or the ports?For some, the ship is the destination. For others, it is all about the ports of call.
Could not agree more....for us, it's the ship. Been there done that for the most part after 25 sailings in the Caribbean. If you want the new ship, go Vista and stay in the Havana area. It is unique to the entire cruise line until Horizon comes out and you can just chill and relax. Nobody has written a bad review yet that has stayed in that section. You need to compare apples to apples. If you're staying in a regular cabin, switch to the Glory because 7 days beats 6 and you'll visit new ports. Or you can try something unique and relax in the Havana area.....away from rug rats since you need to be 12+ to stay in that area. And you can break in Cheers at your leisure. Edited by SNJCruisers

Which is more important to you? The ship or the ports?For some, the ship is the destination. For others, it is all about the ports of call.

For me it's more about the ship because you are not really in any one port long enough to say you have truly seen the area, but after reading the reviews of the Vista I just felt like wellllll we could take the Glory and potentially have a more enjoyable time visit some where different. I have not seen a bad Glory review recently but have seen a lot of Vista review up in the air. On the Vista I have a cove balcony which is my favorite type of balcony if I switch to the Glory I would have an extended balcony.

For me it's more about the ship because you are not really in any one port long enough to say you have truly seen the area, but after reading the reviews of the Vista I just felt like wellllll we could take the Glory and potentially have a more enjoyable time visit some where different. I have not seen a bad Glory review recently but have seen a lot of Vista review up in the air. On the Vista I have a cove balcony which is my favorite type of balcony if I switch to the Glory I would have an extended balcony.

If your priority is the ship ( mine too ) then you should stay with the Vista. We loved the Vista. Have spent 26 days on her ...2 cruises each 13 days.

Although we like the Glory too, there is nothing special about her. 21 days ( 3 cruises ) on her and it was same as other Conquest class ships.

The Vista is a little different and even though you may have read some negative reviews, you should really go and form your own opinions. Everyone has different expectations.

I just went on the 6 day Vista in February. Honestly, I was not impressed. Subpar service in the MDR, "weird" placement of public bathrooms (sometimes you have to go up a deck, including from the MDR), Atrium felt cramped and closed in, the main Theater was WAAAYYYY too small for a ship that size and we got horrible seats to most shows. Lido was always crouded too. The only things I liked: Serenity was really nice, and the skyride and Kelidescope slide were cool.

I'm on Carnival Sunshine in 26 days and I'm very much looking forward to that. I also love conquest size ships and my favorite is the Carnival Pride, I'm on her again in September to Bermuda.

The only way I would ever go on the vista again was for a Havana Cabana room ... but honestly, at about $2800 for a FEB booking ... I would rather get a SUITE on another ship for the same price ... so i highly doubt I will do Vista again unless it's a Carnival LIVE or something like that.

Thank you all so much for your input I am still on the fence LOL. My daughter says she does not mind switching to get the extra day but after doing the Breeze hoping we don't regret switching to the Glory. We loved the Breeze.

I would take a 7 night with ports you've never been to over a 6 night with ports you've seen in a heartbeat. That being said, we were just on the Vista 8 night southern. LOVED the ports, the ship was very bland to us. Very sterile feeling, not a lot of personality. We did have a Havana Cabana with lanai so that was the saving grace for us, but we are VERY looking forward to our Glory cruise in June. Missed the things onboard that "felt" like a cruise ship to us. Really disliked the centrum/lobby area of the Vista. Everywhere you went it felt like you were in a shopping mall. A very crowded shopping mall. I would only sail the Vista again if it went to some ports I've never been and we had the Cabana again.

I'd choose the longer cruise over a shorter one that you've done.....anyday.

I am so conflicted. I am currently booked on the Vista 6 (I have done the itinerary but wanted to try the ship} day but considering changing to the Glory to do the 7 day Exotic Eastern (never done the ship or itinerary). Hellllppppp!!!!

Thank you all so much for your input I am still on the fence LOL. My daughter says she does not mind switching to get the extra day but after doing the Breeze hoping we don't regret switching to the Glory. We loved the Breeze.

Having sailed both ships, as well as Breeze, I can say that the only thing that Vista and Breeze have in common is the fake trees in Lido buffet area. Vista is my least favorite ship of all the Carnival ships we've sailed.

Having sailed both ships, as well as Breeze, I can say that the only thing that Vista and Breeze have in common is the fake trees in Lido buffet area. Vista is my least favorite ship of all the Carnival ships we've sailed.

Since the Vista as well as the Breeze were not designed by Joe Farcus, they do have the same muted Caribbean hues instead of the wild neon colors of the Glory and the majority of the fleet.

Besides the liquid lounge, which has been given a thumbs down by most reviewers, what else turned you off to the Vista?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I loved the Glory! It was my first cruise so I have nothing to compare it to but I found it charming! We did the exotic Caribbean but I think our ports were different (this was 2011). The Vista looks like a floating shopping mall to me...

No, that would be the Royal Promenade on the majority of the RCI fleet.

What is RCI, Royal Caribbean?

If I liked the Glory, do you think I would like Sunshine or Conquest better than Vista?

What is RCI, Royal Caribbean?

If I liked the Glory, do you think I would like Sunshine or Conquest better than Vista?

If you liked the Glory, you'll like the Conquest because they are siblings. Many people are split on the Sunshine, some like her and some hate her because of the refurbishment that added so many cabins and reduced the amount of free space on the ship. It was originally the Destiny, which at the time it debuted was the first cruise ship to break 100,000 tons. As I responded to a post of yours in another thread, check out the NCL Escape with the included drinks package. If you do a comparison with whatever Carnival cruise you choose, the Escape will be a better value because you'll need to factor in the Cheers package since it's a bachelorette gathering. And yes, RCI is Royal Caribbean International.

Since the Vista as well as the Breeze were not designed by Joe Farcus, they do have the same muted Caribbean hues instead of the wild neon colors of the Glory and the majority of the fleet.

Besides the liquid lounge, which has been given a thumbs down by most reviewers, what else turned you off to the Vista?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The Punchliner and Piano Bar both have huge support poles that block direct views of the performers.

The lack of the Grand Atrium made the area seem closed in. The layout of the ship is very choppy. Serenity, though large, has glass wall and fake trees everywhere, which chops the area into sections so it was difficult for our large group to get chairs all together.

I LOVE the hand washing stations all over Lido buffet area. Every ship should have them.