Star Class Review: Harmony 2-4-17

Twibes

If you could say hello that would be great! You can't miss the guy, he's extremely tall, probably wearing his silver/gray suite, and his Octopus pin. I know he and your Genie work very close together so, being I was just there 2 weeks ago I'm sure he'll remember us. Hope you guys have as good of an experience as we did.. the Genie's really do take away any effor what-so-ever about the cruise. I even called him from the Suite Pool Deck on the bar phone, so memorize your Genie's # lol.

Tim, if I see Sebastian I will say hello for you and your group of friends. I will joke with him that you are still in post cruise depression from your amazing cruise. We have had good communications with our Genie and so far so good. I We are relaxed cruisers so this should be perfect. :)

I'm very jealous!! I'm sure you'll be focused on vacation, but if you can recall this thread for 10 seconds when you meet Sebastian, tell him Tim and the Champagne gang say hello. He left us with great gifts the last night of the cruise, Sebastian is a very nice guy.. you'll love him. He wears an octopus pin on his left lapel and his explanation why fits perfectly: He's pulled in 10 different directions and not enough arms to keep up :p.

Huge smile and laugh from Sebastian when I mentioned hello from the Champagne crew. He said you were a fun, young group :)

Huge smile and laugh from Sebastian when I mentioned hello from the Champagne crew. He said you were a fun, young group :)

Haha I appreciate the chatter in our honor, yes it was definitely a fun vacation and I've never seen so much champagne in my life. Thanks for the update!!

sQeHdSUB4_-vi.jpg

Hello. We will be in the Harmony Sky Loft soon. Do you know if the limo pickup is only for the Presidential Suite or for all Star Class cabins? Does this include a limo ride back to FLL?

We had no limo for the RLS in August or the SLS this Saturday, so I would tend to think they booked it themselves.

Hello. We will be in the Harmony Sky Loft soon. Do you know if the limo pickup is only for the Presidential Suite or for all Star Class cabins? Does this include a limo ride back to FLL?

We arranged that ourselves as it's not included in the suite package. The rates are very affordable being it's FLL and close to the port.

Thanks for posting the review and pictures. I enjoyed reading it and seeing the photos of the rooms and balcony. The experience sounds amazing. I love the balcony. I would probably hang out there a lot if I had one that size. Splitting the costs with other couples (and the odd guy out) is a great way to make it more affordable.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
this has been fun !! we leave on the HOTS in 12 days 9730 Aqua suite Star class can you tell me when the Genie contacted you personally?? Im thinking it should be soon?? thanks!!

Any day you should hear from your Genie. Typically it is 13-12 days out when you hear from them.

We booked the STAR SUITE in our up-comming on the Harmony. Our 1st star suite, I know this is a personal issue but can you give an idea of what to tip the GENIE at the end of the cruise?????

george35

We booked the STAR SUITE in our up-comming on the Harmony. Our 1st star suite, I know this is a personal issue but can you give an idea of what to tip the GENIE at the end of the cruise?????

george35

Yes, it is very personal and it depends (to me, anyway) how much "extra" work the Genie did for you and also how many people were in the suite. For us, it was just the 2 of us and the only real "extra" thing our Genie did was to coordinate a party in our suite in conjunction with the cabin crawl. We tipped him $500 on debark day. I know others tip more and some, less. This seemed reasonable to us.

When I sailed the Indy and the Oasis, the milkshake at Johnny Rockets cost us an additional fee over the price paid for our food. And I did have to pay for the ice cream at the ice cream shop.

I had the impression that the poster was asking about the milkshakes and ice cream in the context of being a Star Class suite guest.

When I sailed the Indy and the Oasis, the milkshake at Johnny Rockets cost us an additional fee over the price paid for our food. And I did have to pay for the ice cream at the ice cream shop.

I had the impression that the poster was asking about the milkshakes and ice cream in the context of being a Star Class suite guest.

On our Allure cruise as a Star Class Guest we paid for the shakes (Aug 2016), another cruise (Mar 2017) on Harmony we didn't pay as a Star Class guest. I believe they are getting more consistent but this is RC.;)

Yes, I've heard that there are some minor differences between the O class ships. All I know is that this past Feb. on Harmony the absolute ONLY thing that was NOT included in Star Class were the pastries at Starbucks. We never paid ANYthing at Johnny Rockets and I did not get ice cream but was assured that it was included, if I wanted it.

On our Allure cruise as a Star Class Guest we paid for the shakes (Aug 2016), another cruise (Mar 2017) on Harmony we didn't pay as a Star Class guest. I believe they are getting more consistent but this is RC.;)

We sailed on Allure in a SLS last November, and everything (except don't know about Starbucks pastries- never asked for one) was included. No upcharge for bigger steaks at Chops, no charge for ice cream every day, no charge for the shakes at JRs. We tipped $500 for the 3 of us, though we did not ask for any party set-ups or other group activities. We are sailing Allure again in late July in the Owner's balcony suite (or whatever they are now calling those 2 suites next to CK these days) and will ask more of the Genie since we are celebrating a big birthday with many family members. I cannot wait! It was an amazing experience, and expect the same again next month.

Yes, I've heard that there are some minor differences between the O class ships. All I know is that this past Feb. on Harmony the absolute ONLY thing that was NOT included in Star Class were the pastries at Starbucks. We never paid ANYthing at Johnny Rockets and I did not get ice cream but was assured that it was included, if I wanted it.

Same with our March Harmony experience. We had been charged for a few items and the Genie just backed them out.

We sailed on Allure in a SLS last November, and everything (except don't know about Starbucks pastries- never asked for one) was included. No upcharge for bigger steaks at Chops, no charge for ice cream every day, no charge for the shakes at JRs. We tipped $500 for the 3 of us, though we did not ask for any party set-ups or other group activities. We are sailing Allure again in late July in the Owner's balcony suite (or whatever they are now calling those 2 suites next to CK these days) and will ask more of the Genie since we are celebrating a big birthday with many family members. I cannot wait! It was an amazing experience, and expect the same again next month.

Last August on Allure there were charges for the steaks but not on Harmony this in March so I believe the stream-lining has begun. Sounds like you should have a blast with your family. Enjoy it.:)

I somehow missed this thread. Great Star Class specific review.

I have my first trip in Star Class in less than 2 months in " Andrew's room" on the Harmony (kinda considering hanging a mini Canadian flag on the balcony to confuse people...)

I'm eagerly awaiting my Genie to email me.. my plan is to have a big sail away party on my balcony complete with drinks,snacks and Poppy from Trolls (fingers crossed) for the other 5 cabins sailing with us to celebrate my daughter's maiden voyage.