Star Class Review: Harmony 2-4-17

Twibes

BTW' date=' was the Chefs Table included with the free specialty dining? [/quote']

Yes! We simply requested the Genie get everyone in our suite a night at the Chef's table and it was done immediately. I believe it was Night #2 we were all seated at the Chef's Table, included with the Suite. We were not charged any fee for the wine pairing, although I believe there was an option to upgrade the wines.. but I don't recall those specifics.

Edited by Twibes

What was the bedroom situation like? All 4 bedrooms are no exactly the same, how did they differ? Did you split the price equally, or did the couples who get the "better" bedrooms pay more?

Excellent question. The suite has 4 bedrooms:

• 2 Master Bedrooms w/ Full Showers / Baths
  • 1 Bedroom with Attached Bathroom w/ Shower
  • 1 Bedroom with a bathroom across the hallway

Myself and the other couple paid a few hundred dollars more per couple to have the 2 Masters, we felt that was the fair method in which to determine who stayed in the larger rooms. The 3rd couple had the bedroom with the attached shower bathroom, and the odd man out as it occurred last minute had the 4th bedroom and the hallway bathroom became his. It was a very convenient and easy setup.

In response to some wondering if it was worth the cost, was it worth losing out on perhaps 4 more cruises etc.. In reality, we probably paid per couple the equivalent of what a balcony room cost, mainly due to having booked this room prior to the Harmony's release. Would I still book this with today's pricing, yup, absolutely. It's all a matter of how much vacation time one has vs what they expect from vacation. I've always tried to be in suites, just because of the space and the feeling of being on a vacation you couldn't get just from going to a hotel room near home. Sure, some will choose to travel 4-5x over in that year rather than the cost of going big, which is great, nothing wrong there! For us, we work hard, play hard, and unfortunately don't have more than 2 or 3 weeks to be off in a year.. it was beyond worth it for the convenience and service. The genies truly make sure you are catered to hand and foot, as would be expected for the premium price on that service.

It's very rare that you read on these forums of passengers and reviewers saying something is really worth the money, but in my humble opinion the Star Class was worth it. Would I do it if it were my first cruise, definitely not. Is it worth it after being an avid cruiser to experience a totally different feeling, sure was. Could any of us afford it on a constant basis, most likely not. We have 0 regrets among ourselves and are already looking to reserve Star Class again, price permitting. My only regret was not having a very active roll call for that cruise so that we could've shared the experience and had a nice night on the balcony together!

If by chance anyone was on Freedom of the Seas in port in St. Thomas last week while we were docked next to you, I thoroughly enjoyed the conversations across balconies. :D

We are considering this room in the future, thus the specific questions.

What were the beds like. It seems that 2 bedrooms have a king size bed each, the 4th small bedroom looks like 2 twins (would work just fine for 2 little kids). But what about that 3rd bedroom, for what would be a married couple - is that a king size bed, or two twins that can be pushed together for a king-like set up?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We leave on the Harmony in 9 short days in an Aquatheater Suite and Sebastian is our genie! Booked this trip in August, 2015 before we knew about the Star class to celebrate oldest childs HS graduation. Great to know the genie will be able to get us the specialty dining. The pictures of the chefs table, have moved that up to the #1 must do on the ship for me:)

We are considering this room in the future, thus the specific questions.

What were the beds like. It seems that 2 bedrooms have a king size bed each, the 4th small bedroom looks like 2 twins (would work just fine for 2 little kids). But what about that 3rd bedroom, for what would be a married couple - is that a king size bed, or two twins that can be pushed together for a king-like set up?

I slept better on the queen bed in the Master bedroom (I was on the one to the right side as you walk in, that sits behind the Jacuzzi) than I do at my own home. The bed was very soft, a true queen bed, and it came with 3 very fluffy pillows on each side.

The 3rd bedroom with the attached bathroom 'I think' had the beds pushed together scenario as did the 4th bedroom, and both the 3rd and 4th bedroom also had 2 pullman beds on the walls. Add in the sectional sofa in the livingroom and you get the total of 14 people capacity. I'll double check on the bed in the 3rd room with the other folks today for you.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We leave on the Harmony in 9 short days in an Aquatheater Suite and Sebastian is our genie! Booked this trip in August, 2015 before we knew about the Star class to celebrate oldest childs HS graduation. Great to know the genie will be able to get us the specialty dining. The pictures of the chefs table, have moved that up to the #1 must do on the ship for me:)

I'm very jealous!! I'm sure you'll be focused on vacation, but if you can recall this thread for 10 seconds when you meet Sebastian, tell him Tim and the Champagne gang say hello. He left us with great gifts the last night of the cruise, Sebastian is a very nice guy.. you'll love him. He wears an octopus pin on his left lapel and his explanation why fits perfectly: He's pulled in 10 different directions and not enough arms to keep up :p.

We were on Harmony, Aqua Theater Suites last month but the weather wasn't that great, so we did not fully enjoy the huge aqua suite balcony but we didn't have to down to watch any of the aqua shows, that best part of the suite.

Our Genie was great n accommodating but after reading your review, well...shouldn't have tipped him $300 extra from the 4 of us then. Breakfast room service was the worst ever experienced on RC, after 3X we gave up.

Our chef table was delayed for an hour and on top of that there was a party on the deck above us, so we could not hardly hear the sommelier bc of the loud music...then our Genie was txting that we were late for our ice skating show so we had to leave in the middle of the dinner which was a blessing though bc the wicker chair was so uncomfortable! If we had paid for the Chef Table we would have gotten up and left after making us wait for almost an hour.

You guys are lucky you got a great G, ours did not give us any gifts [emoji31]

If you love to drink and have huge appetite, the Star Class is well worth it. We could have bathe with all Pellegrinos, beer, sodas, Evian, wine, cases of them we did not consume. Surprised myself that I did not take advantage ordering a lot lemon drop or my fav chocolate martinis. There was just So much to do, so much to eat, so much to see but so little time! The next day, my husband and I embarked Regal Princess for 2 weeks of relaxation!! We're now back to JS n GS. We're sailing again this April, this time on Independence Transatlantic b2b2

Thanks for sharing, Twibes [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you love to drink and have huge appetite, the Star Class is well worth it. We could have bathe with all Pellegrinos, beer, sodas, Evian, wine, cases of them we did not consume. Surprised myself that I did not take advantage ordering a lot lemon drop or my fav chocolate martinis. There was just So much to do, so much to eat, so much to see but so little time! The next day, my husband and I embarked Regal Princess for 2 weeks of relaxation!! We're now back to JS n GS. We're sailing again this April, this time on Independence Transatlantic b2b2

We are so with you here... there was just so much to take advantage of, on such a large ship, with so many offerings in Star Class, there was no way to thoroughly enjoy everything or even relax for too long. I need a Transatlantic to recuperate from this as well. The mini bar, as you said, was never empty nor were the dozens of drinks sitting on top of it. It's a shame about your Chef's Table, but I do agree it's in a bit of a bad area in the back of the Solarium. Very hard to hear if anything is going on. The food however, was fantastic!

Thanks for sharing your experience with Star Class... it truly sounds wonderful and I can't wait to hit the Powerball to upgrade my cruise to Star Class in May!!!

...side note, total WIN on the mannequin challenge!!! :D

Thanks lol, it wasn't my idea for that Mannequin challenge but I can tell you, after standing for 15 minutes for multiple takes holding champagne, I was ready to give up! My poor pal Nick had the jacuzzi water spraying in his face that initially started as cold, then to warm, then to scorching hot! :DThat video is best for showing the sheer size of the suite. Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes! We simply requested the Genie get everyone in our suite a night at the Chef's table and it was done immediately. I believe it was Night #2 we were all seated at the Chef's Table, included with the Suite. We were not charged any fee for the wine pairing, although I believe there was an option to upgrade the wines.. but I don't recall those specifics.

My family and I will be staying in the 4 bedroom STAR Class Suite in the near future. I would like clarification for the specialty dining at CHOPS, Izumi and all other specialty restaurants? For example, CHOPS has an upgrade fee for the 22 oz porterhouse and Maine lobster and IZUMI has a la carte pricing per the menu I downloaded.My dad booked the whole trip and says ALL specialty dining is included in the price he paid.( he did pay for the 4 grand kids my brother and I have to pay for ourselves and our wives I said DEAL with all these amenities :D). Is he right everything and anything off menu except for upgrade in wine & alcohol?

My family and I will be staying in the 4 bedroom STAR Class Suite in the near future. I would like clarification for the specialty dining at CHOPS, Izumi and all other specialty restaurants? For example, CHOPS has an upgrade fee for the 22 oz porterhouse and Maine lobster and IZUMI has a la carte pricing per the menu I downloaded.My dad booked the whole trip and says ALL specialty dining is included in the price he paid.( he did pay for the 4 grand kids my brother and I have to pay for ourselves and our wives I said DEAL with all these amenities :D). Is he right everything and anything off menu except for upgrade in wine & alcohol?

When we're on Allure in August last year the Chops upgrades were not covered. I have heard different reports from different ships since then.

We are Star Class on Harmony in less than two weeks so I will be interested to see what happens there. We also have Izumi Habachi grill booked for that sailing.

Is he right everything and anything off menu except for upgrade in wine & alcohol?

I don't recall anyone having any upgrade fees for the food, but yes, everything we had including the wine was included. The genie takes such good care of you, I believe one of our suite mates even paid for drinks for everyone one night, whether intentional or not, and it was refunded the next day. You are well taken care of and monitored by your Genie, they are actually out to be sure you don't pay for things rather than nickel and dime you!

We are Star Class on Harmony in less than two weeks so I will be interested to see what happens there. We also have Izumi Habachi grill booked for that sailing.

We had one night at the Hibachi Grill and it was excellent. The one thing I will note is it was extremely hot in there, especially being the back most table against the wall.

Thank you so much for your great review. It just confirms that we need to experience this. We generally stay in a GS or above so we are familiar with the suite perks of Sky Class. Don't get me wrong, we have been very happy in a balcony, and would love to cruise more in a less expensive cabins, but family and careers make that impossible so we like to go all out when we are able to go. Unfortunately, buy the time we booked Harmony last year for our upcoming cruise all the Star class suites were sold out. Guess we'll have to wait for the following year. Loved the mannequin challenge.

We had one night at the Hibachi Grill and it was excellent. The one thing I will note is it was extremely hot in there, especially being the back most table against the wall.

Tim, thanks for the tip on the Hibachi. We don't have Sebastian as our Genie, we have Alexandra. She just emailed us Saturday night. We have had a few emails back and forth and it seems as though we are good to go.

If I meet Sebastian should I say hello to him for you?

Tim, thanks for the tip on the Hibachi. We don't have Sebastian as our Genie, we have Alexandra. She just emailed us Saturday night. We have had a few emails back and forth and it seems as though we are good to go.

If I meet Sebastian should I say hello to him for you?

If you could say hello that would be great! You can't miss the guy, he's extremely tall, probably wearing his silver/gray suite, and his Octopus pin. I know he and your Genie work very close together so, being I was just there 2 weeks ago I'm sure he'll remember us. Hope you guys have as good of an experience as we did.. the Genie's really do take away any effor what-so-ever about the cruise. I even called him from the Suite Pool Deck on the bar phone, so memorize your Genie's # lol.

Thank you so much for your great review. It just confirms that we need to experience this. We generally stay in a GS or above so we are familiar with the suite perks of Sky Class. Don't get me wrong, we have been very happy in a balcony, and would love to cruise more in a less expensive cabins, but family and careers make that impossible so we like to go all out when we are able to go. Unfortunately, buy the time we booked Harmony last year for our upcoming cruise all the Star class suites were sold out. Guess we'll have to wait for the following year. Loved the mannequin challenge.

Mary,

I'm exactly as you are.. if I take 2 vacations a year I want them to be the best they can be, so I do save my time off and finances to go all out. Luckily with my cruise mates / friends we made it more affordable cost wise, but I am already waiting for the next year of Star Class to be released and will be grabbing 1 or 2 if I can! The cost is higher, but it was unforgettable.. worth doing at least once!

We were on Harmony 2 weeks ago and EVERYthing in all specialty restaurants were included, including the lobster option at Chops. Even our beverages that exceeded $13 were included at no additional cost. Now, had we ordered dom Perignon I suspect we would have gotten a bill but we paid -0- for all food and beverages for the entire cruise.

We did not do the Chef's Table nor the 150 Central Park Wine Pairing but we were told that it would all have been included, had we chosen to do them.

Just my humble opinion but I say skip Wonderland. While the service was impeccable, the food was just too weird.

I don't recall anyone having any upgrade fees for the food, but yes, everything we had including the wine was included. The genie takes such good care of you, I believe one of our suite mates even paid for drinks for everyone one night, whether intentional or not, and it was refunded the next day. You are well taken care of and monitored by your Genie, they are actually out to be sure you don't pay for things rather than nickel and dime you!

Thanks!

We were on Harmony 2 weeks ago and EVERYthing in all specialty restaurants were included, including the lobster option at Chops. Even our beverages that exceeded $13 were included at no additional cost. Now, had we ordered dom Perignon I suspect we would have gotten a bill but we paid -0- for all food and beverages for the entire cruise.

We did not do the Chef's Table nor the 150 Central Park Wine Pairing but we were told that it would all have been included, had we chosen to do them.

Just my humble opinion but I say skip Wonderland. While the service was impeccable, the food was just too weird.

Thanks!