Former Brilliance Cruisers: does it have a Promenade Deck?

My DH and I love the wrap-around promedade decks the Roayal Caribbean ships have. We are wondering if the Brilliance has one? We like to sit on the big "porch" on sea days.

Thanks ahead of time!

No. Only Voyager class (and of course the new Freedom class) have the Promenade. However, the Centrum is really quite nice. There are many nice places to sit, relax, and people watch on the Radiance class ships.

Edited: Okay, I'm re-reading your post. When you say wraparound Promenade decks, you're not referring to the Royal Promenade are you? So...ignore my first answer. The answer to what I now think is your real question is that there is lots of open deck space for lounging and relaxing on sea days. I'm still not quite sure I understand what you are asking, re: "wraparound." :confused: Do you mean decks where you can walk all the way around the deck? If so, I'm afraid I'm having a brain fuzz about that. I remember walking around the decks quite a bit, but don't recall which ones (if any) have 360 degree open deck. It's not like on many of the older ships where there's a public deck around the outside pax cabins. There's none of that.

Sorry I can't give you exact information. Could you clarify your question for me?

beachchick

On the Radiance class ships, I believe it is deck 5. I have never walked totally around it, but there is lots of room to walk on the sides, and when it is open, you can walk to the front and the helipad and then down the other side. Just not sure if it goes all the way around the back of the ship.

It's strange how ships start to blend together in my mind after a while! If I recall correctly, if you walk out the door by the Pacifica Theater on deck 5 on the port side and walk aft, you can walk all the way around the ship until you reach the Pacifica Theater doors on the starboard side. I'm having a difficult time remembering if you can then walk up a flight of stairs and walk forward (but not to the bow of the ship) or if it ends there. Nevertheless, there are chairs set out on the deck so you can relax and enjoy the view.

It will be interesting to see how good my memory turned out to be when we board Brilliance in less than 2 weeks. If I'm wrong, I'll post back to this thread and correct myself!

Thanks, everyone. Yes, we call it "the porch". It's the deck that is outside, but protected by the overhang from the deck above, and we love to sit out there and watch the ocean and read. It doesn't matter if the deck goes all the way around the ship, since we can turn around on our walks, or cut through the ship to the other side. I am very sun sensitive, and we don't enjoy the noise from the pool deck, so this is our ideal relaxation place, and we like to be outside with the ocean.

Thanks, again. DH will be happy to hear this. Even though we only have 3 days at sea on our Brilliance Med cruise this October, he will be happy to know he's got his "porch". We've never been on the BOS, but have been on the Enchantment, Splendour, and Grandeur, who all have the Promenade deck.

Sorry for any confusion.

• 11 years later...

To my partner and me, a walk-around promenade deck is a real plus. We love to walk laps on a lower (say level 5 or 6) promenade deck without stairs or excessive cross traffic. We do not care for the top-level combination walking/jogging "tracks" on the newer, bigger ships. They are too far from the water, too exposed to the sun and elements, and too "busy" for us. Call us old-fashioned.

To my partner and me, a walk-around promenade deck is a real plus. We love to walk laps on a lower (say level 5 or 6) promenade deck without stairs or excessive cross traffic. We do not care for the top-level combination walking/jogging "tracks" on the newer, bigger ships. They are too far from the water, too exposed to the sun and elements, and too "busy" for us. Call us old-fashioned.

Not that it matters but just wondering, do you realize you resurrected a 12 year old thread?

Not that it matters but just wondering, do you realize you resurrected a 12 year old thread?

That has to be one of the oldest resurrections.

Agreed. This could be a record.

I loved seeing the first response: "and of course, the new Freedom class".