Serenade of the Seas: Two questions

We're booked on an 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade of the Seas in 2018. My first question is, does Serenade have a Promenade Deck, one that wraps around most, if not all, of the perimeter of the ship? The promenade deck of any cruise ship is almost always my favorite spot.

My second question is, are there automatic doors to the outside areas on the pool deck and the promenade deck? We just got back from a cruise on the Coral Princess, and the pool deck had really high door threshholds and no automatic doors to the outside. I use a wheelchair and have very limited arm strength, so I was never able to go outside unless my husband was with me.

Just curious to know in advance. Thank you for any help you all can give me.

We're booked on an 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade of the Seas in 2018. My first question is, does Serenade have a Promenade Deck, one that wraps around most, if not all, of the perimeter of the ship? The promenade deck of any cruise ship is almost always my favorite spot.

My second question is, are there automatic doors to the outside areas on the pool deck and the promenade deck? We just got back from a cruise on the Coral Princess, and the pool deck had really high door threshholds and no automatic doors to the outside. I use a wheelchair and have very limited arm strength, so I was never able to go outside unless my husband was with me.

Just curious to know in advance. Thank you for any help you all can give me.

Yes it has a promenade deck and both areas, promenade & pool area, have automatic doors. We did the Serenade last year during Thanksgiving and this year we booked our first B2B during Thanksgiving again on the Serenade. You will love it!!

If you at the entrance of the WJ, you can enter to & from the Pool on the Starboard Side. Port side has revolving doors Unlike Princess in regards to the Promenade, you can't walk all the way around but can cross over by going back inside way forward and out to the other side and the doors automatically open. On the Port side of the Pool Deck pass the Ping pong tables you can access the outside from the side room. ( Right of entrance to WJ ) and you can enter the pool area from there also.

in regards to the Promenade, you can't walk all the way around but can cross over by going back inside way forward and out to the other side and the doors automatically open.

Actually, the promenade deck on Serenade does indeed wrap all the way around, although it requires a set of stairs at the forward end.

Your welcome Lea, we have been on the Radiance of the seas 4 times and soon to be twice on the Serenade when we sail her out of Copenhagen in August. We did the 15 day Quebec/NE ( Snowbird Cruise Oct 2015 ). We have been on the Brilliance once, they are such an easy ship to find your way around. The Radiance Class isn't to large nor to small, just perfect for doing Alaska, South Pacific cruises with all the glass to view the ocean from.

Gay

Yes and Yes. Keep an eye out for our Serenade review, sets sail this Friday April 7th!!

Would you be able to let us know if the pools have stairs with handrails or just ladders please?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I saw this topic and because I love Serenade I thought I'd come and try to help.

Although I see you've been given great answers, I'm also realizing it's been 10 years this month since the last time I was on board. Ten years! Where does the time go?

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I have seen only Ladders on the Radiance Class ships we have been on. A popular place for people to lunge is along the sides against the low wall that goes around. When sitting down in the water that overflows the pool, the water comes up no higher then your hips

I have seen only Ladders on the Radiance Class ships we have been on. A popular place for people to lunge is along the sides against the low wall that goes around. When sitting down in the water that overflows the pool, the water comes up no higher then your hips

Can confirm, Serenade does not have stairs, only ladders

Your welcome Pickland, that lunge should have been lounge.:) I wish they had steps would make it easier for some passengers.. I saw a poor lady get in a situation where she wasn't comfortable going down then tried getting back up. She finally made it up and chose to sit on the edge